Wayne Rooney

Zuess99

Rooney is not required. He wont fit in football wise. He wont learn the culture, the language etc. He is a luxury player-similar to Cesc. We all know that hasn't turned out so great.

You act like this is the first foreign player we are getting. I think peps era has made you guys small minded. We can't always play that way forever we need to change, evolution. Not to an extend where we change everything but to an extend where we can learn other tactics and to certain situations , like how we used to play under van gaal and rikjaard.

Barcilliant

You act like this is the first foreign player we are getting. I think peps era has made you guys small minded. We can't always play that way forever we need to change, evolution. Not to an extend where we change everything but to an extend where we can learn other tactics and to certain situations , like how we used to play under van gaal and rikjaard.

I completely agree with you regarding evolving our tactics and being more flexible but in regards to Rooney he is the wrong player. His professionalism and motivation are suspect. He becomes overweight, drifts in and out of form and sulks when things don't go his way. He wont learn the language etc. He is NOT a model pro. Plenty of other better players who would be cheaper, lower wages and would be more successful.

Jenks

This is great.
-A player who can hold up play infront
-Make alves crosses useful and not wasteful
-be a threat while we taking corners
-player who will shoot outside the box
-Who technique is not that for a striker.
-messi to move back to left .

Neymar - rooney - messi
Dare these teams defend deep!

That's a good point. He isn't tall but he's very good in the air.

I

instinct

I completely agree with you regarding evolving our tactics and being more flexible but in regards to Rooney he is the wrong player. His professionalism and motivation are suspect. He becomes overweight, drifts in and out of form and sulks when things don't go his way. He wont learn the language etc. He is NOT a model pro. Plenty of other better players who would be cheaper, lower wages and would be more successful.

So, you know Rooney that good? God, what is up with you guys? ''He won't learn the language'' ''His motivation is suspect''. Yes he showed a lack of motivation in United this past season but seriously, he ripped his ass off for Manu for a decade. Maybe he is a bit overweight but who cares? He is faster than Xavi, than Villa, than Fabregas and maybe it's the right thing to move to another club to be motivated again. I'm sure that everyone of you loved him in 2009 and now? Because Ferguson replaced him with RvP (it was ok, because RvP is awesome) he ended up in the midfield and lost motivation. He scored his goals and gave wonderful assists though. And the language problem? Why the hell do you make this thesis? You don't know him, you don't know how he would adapt to Barca. Did you expect Pep to learn German so well in half a year? I didn't. I know that Rooney is not Pep but I find it much too unfair to say that he won't learn spanish, that he won't be motivated in Barca.

------------------------

Man United have invited Barcelona through intermediaries to make a bid for Wayne Rooney. They'd be open to accept Villa in the deal. [sport]

Shegzy

This is great.
-A player who can hold up play infront
-Make alves crosses useful and not wasteful
-be a threat while we taking corners
-player who will shoot outside the box
-Who technique is not that for a striker.
-messi to move back to left .

Neymar - rooney - messi
Dare these teams defend deep!

the reason for signing forwards should be to help messi and not stop messi.why would be in the centre and messi on the right,why not rooney on the right.why would u want to move messi from a place where is more efficient to a place he wouldn't not be as efficient.if rooney can play on the right don't buy him unless u want to play neymar as a 10 behind false 9(messi) and true 9(rooney) or sell messi.but if it is not any of this case don't sign him.don't we remember what happen with villa and ibra,signing him will only destroy the team chemistry,and our team work will reduce the three of them will compete with each other and help each other.and with their reputations none of the 3 will bend and our team will likely become like realmadrid of this season where there is division among them.messi don't really work well with a 9 remember tevez was one of the reason messi was not really shinning for argentina when tevez was still around.

Neal Faradinho

the reason for signing forwards should be to help messi and not stop messi.why would be in the centre and messi on the right,why not rooney on the right.why would u want to move messi from a place where is more efficient to a place he wouldn't not be as efficient.if rooney can play on the right don't buy him unless u want to play neymar as a 10 behind false 9(messi) and true 9(rooney) or sell messi.but if it is not any of this case don't sign him.don't we remember what happen with villa and ibra,signing him will only destroy the team chemistry,and our team work will reduce the three of them will compete with each other and help each other.and with their reputations none of the 3 will bend and our team will likely become like realmadrid of this season where there is division among them.messi don't really work well with a 9 remember tevez was one of the reason messi was not really shinning for argentina when tevez was still around.

Messi don't really work with a 9?!!!
He works best with a 9 in front of him.
Remember the 4-0 against Milan

Shegzy

The lack between Messi and Fabregas is way to big. Messi scores nearly all of our goals. You are right when you say that Neymar will also score a lot of goals but you never know how defenders will work against Messi and Neymar. I recognized that a CF was a great tactical improvisation against Milan and we played very very well in this match.
Further, I remember Eto'o who scored so many goals for us. We had Henry on the left wing who was also a player who scored goals but with Eto'o as a CF, I felt a much better dangerousness in our offense. I know that we were successfull in 2011 too but Pedro lost his form, so our right wing is nearly useless, especially because there is no player in the middle who has good heading abilities. Rooney would add a bit of those to our team though he is not the best in heading.
I
I accept your view, but I never thought of Rooney being a backup for us. The season showed me, that we have to improve our system because as I said before, football changed but tiki-taka didn't. I prefer playing with a CF who works in the defense and who can be used on different positions. I repect any other opinions.

u mean rooney can be a backup cb,then wise plan then.rosell really want to create his galacticos cos i don't know why we want to spend over 70m in one transfer window,i don't think rosell want to actually reduce our debt maybe what he want to do is actually increase it.if we are linked with a 25m+ move for courtois or degea instead of rooney i would have been very happy.if we want a player with all this attribute why not get michu for maybe 10m+villa instead of 25m+villa for rooney.it seems the loss against bayern has blinded majority of we fans.instead of buying rooney why not tweak our formation a little and let xavi play less.we can play a 3cb-2cdm(double pivot)-two attacking mildfielders-neymar(lf),messi(cf) and alves as(rw) as our backup formation

Meitux

u mean rooney can be a backup cb,then wise plan then.rosell really want to create his galacticos cos i don't know why we want to spend over 70m in one transfer window,i don't think rosell want to actually reduce our debt maybe what he want to do is actually increase it.if we are linked with a 25m+ move for courtois or degea instead of rooney i would have been very happy.if we want a player with all this attribute why not get michu for maybe 10m+villa instead of 25m+villa for rooney.it seems the loss against bayern has blinded majority of we fans.instead of buying rooney why not tweak our formation a little and let xavi play less.we can play a 3cb-2cdm(double pivot)-two attacking mildfielders-neymar(lf),messi(cf) and alves as(rw) as our backup formation
Alves in right wing?he is useless.You know its different to play a forward in his position and someone who is supposed to be a defender with attacking attributes there....What else except of bad crosses would Alves provide at right wing...

Shegzy

Messi don't really work with a 9?!!!
He works best with a 9 in front of him.
Remember the 4-0 against Milan

villa was not playing in the centre he was playing off one of the cb and neymar or sanchez or pedro or fabregas can also be used for this purpose if that why u want to sign rooney and u've also forgotten that villa was primarily used to create space for messi and think will ur rooney accept to be a space creater and not the no 1 or 2 goal getter

Shegzy

Alves in right wing?he is useless.You know its different to play a forward in his position and someone who is supposed to be a defender with attacking attributes there....What else except of bad crosses would Alves provide at right wing...

maybe montoya then,he has a good shot on him that will be an advantage for rebounds ,has good work-rate and bartra can be the backup right back

messid10s

Whatever happened to us not buying another forward? This would be a terrible move Rooney will playing in the MLS or similar within the next 5 years.

Home of Barca Fans