Wayne Rooney

Interista

Best allround player?? What does that mean anyway? That he can play in the most positions? Perhaps, but even if he can play in the most positions, he's not in the top 10 players in any of them, except for forwards where he arguably is.

Messi is a more complete player than Rooney i.e he has a broader and higher level of skill, physical attributes and ability. In fact I can't think of a single thing Rooney does better than Messi. Heading maybe, and perhaps he has more stamina. I read somewhere Rooney was very fast as well, so maybe that too, but that's pretty much it, and that's some of the less important qualities.

Problem for Rooney, which is something I have to call it since he's being compared with Messi, is that he doesn't excel at anything, except maybe workrate. Messi on the other hand shows an incredibly high level of most important skills and attributes for a forward, and is without a doubt the best at dribbling. He's also easily one of the best, if not the best, at finishing.

What is Rooney the best at? Workrate? Ya...exactly.

In any case, Ibra is the most complete forward. No debate needed. Even biased Catalan & Madrid based media have acknowledged this fact.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
i think you're being unfair to rooney here. what you're saying is on-point and true though.

messi is superior on passing, vision, finishing, linking and dribbling

while rooney is superior to messi in power, long-range shooting and heading.

W

Worms

Best allround player?? What does that mean anyway? That he can play in the most positions? Perhaps, but even if he can play in the most positions, he's not in the top 10 players in any of them, except for forwards where he arguably is.

Messi is a more complete player than Rooney i.e he has a broader and higher level of skill, physical attributes and ability. In fact I can't think of a single thing Rooney does better than Messi. Heading maybe, and perhaps he has more stamina. I read somewhere Rooney was very fast as well, so maybe that too, but that's pretty much it, and that's some of the less important qualities.

Problem for Rooney, which is something I have to call it since he's being compared with Messi, is that he doesn't excel at anything, except maybe workrate. Messi on the other hand shows an incredibly high level of most important skills and attributes for a forward, and is without a doubt the best at dribbling. He's also easily one of the best, if not the best, at finishing.

What is Rooney the best at? Workrate? Ya...exactly.

In any case, Ibra is the most complete forward. No debate needed. Even biased Catalan & Madrid based media have acknowledged this fact.

I don't buy this shit about Rooney being able to play more positions,who do you think would play better at DM?Messi LB or Rooney RB? I still think Messi would be well better because he's a much better footballer.

Barcafan 2304

i think you're being unfair to rooney here. what you're saying is on-point and true though.

messi is superior on passing, vision, finishing, linking and dribbling

while rooney is superior to messi in power, long-range shooting and heading.

True but all round, no comparison. Technically, Messi is far, far better. A different level

M

mitkoa7x

Messi has this unrivaled natural talent, comparing anyone to him is just pointless...

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Ji-Sung Rooney

PekXF.jpg

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
the jist of this thread is this: Man Utd and their players are shit, complete and utter shit. any success they have is down to luck or referees.

I mean, I know they're not as good as us, but 3 Champions League Finals in 4 years (and they won the one that wasn't against us) tells me there must be something to these players. that, even though they're not as good as our boys, they just may actually have some serious quality.

clearly I am wrong, though, and they are actually just rubbish.

accept their shitness, CD, and your time here will be a much more peaceful one!

No, the jist of this thread is that it takes 20 Cules to argue one Man U fan.

W

Worms

So Rooneys form lasted for all of one month,he's played shit in the last 3 games now,brilliant.

Home of Barca Fans