Wayne Rooney

I

instinct

Barcelona are closely monitoring the situation of Man United forward Wayne Rooney (27). They could try to sign him if he'll leave. [sport]

Pique: "Rooney? He can be one of the three best players in the world. He'd fit in, although he's just one of the many names out there." [sp]

Robbie

Rooney is world class, but is on astronomical wages. Plus, I'd say his best years are behind him. He doesn't look like the type of player that could keep up the level of fitness he had in his early 20's.

Robbie

First he wanted to join City a few years ago for the money, but now he has been rotated between RVP/Welbeck so he doesn't feel like the top dog anymore.

I

instinct

Rooney
Iniesta Messi Neymar
Fabregas Busquets
Alba Puyol T.Silva Alves

:worthy:

Shiiiiiit! Great!! But Neymar on the right wing would perhaps cause problems. Maybe he can swap roles with Messi or during the game, everyone in the offense could swap their places.

But it would be epic, damn epic.

I

instinct

Seriously guys, why so much hate towards him? Awesome player, just awesome.

Indignado

I've always rated him and always thought he was treated rather poorly by SAF, I mean he played some matches as CM just because Ferguson is obsessed with putting 6 strikers into the line-up instead of getting proper midfielders. I don't know how he would do at Barça but he's certainly class if used in the right position.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He doesn't have the agility, technical skill, or style to play at Barca. If a guy like Alexis has that hard of a time fitting in, then imagine how horrible Rooney would look.

A

Athletic

We dont need rooney, where would he play? Let Madrid, or Arsenal buy him.
That's creating a Zenit situation where 1 player would be on 2-3 times the amount of wages that the rest of the starting 11 would be on.

I

instinct

He doesn't have the agility, technical skill, or style to play at Barca. If a guy like Alexis has that hard of a time fitting in, then imagine how horrible Rooney would look.

I disagree.

Compared to the most strikers, Rooney is technically very very good. He can dribble past 3-4 defenders if he has to and further he is very fast. He is a striker, so you can't expect inhuman skills (except Messi). He is an allrounder in the offense his passing is great, as you see in the video.

Further he is the right man to give an effective impulse to the team. He delivers the ball to the wings, he can make good crosses into the middle. He makes good headers/freekicks and pentalties (I know, Messi will do that). But IMO he is compared to e.g Ibrahimovic a very very good player for Barca. I hope, we will get him.

Just my 2 cents.

Not the technical skill? You seem to have no idea how good Rooney can be. If you get him as your striker and Messi is playing behind him with the support of Iniesta and Neymar I honestly believe you could become that fearsome machine you were under Pep. He scored 34 goals for us in 2011/2012 playing with the support of Nani, Valencia, Welbeck and Ashley Young. He is on par with Robin van Persie but SAF and Rooneys relationship simply isn't the same since 2010. SAF never saw him in the same way after that. It was the first time the greatest coach of all time had to swallow his pride and had to beg a player to stay at United. It was a trick to get an even better contract but it simply destroyed many bridges. We bought RvP and Kagawa and they will be our future for the next few years. But a motivated Rooney under new circumstances at a new club is one of the best players of the world.

Rooney simply is the most versatile striker in the world. He can play simply everywhere. He can play a 10/out and out striker at world class level and even in midfield or on the wings. His passing range is simply stunning. Best I've seen at United since Scholes. Carrick is good but not THAT good. Even though he isn't big his heading is really good and you can be sure he scores a few screamers every season. Also with his pressing he'd fit so well into your philosophy. I'd take a motivated, loyal Rooney even over RvP and believe me we United fans love RvP at the moment. Rooney is the most fitting striker in the world for Barcelona. I'd don't even want to imagine what a duo of Messi/Rooney would do to the world. If he is happy at a club he doesn't care about playing 2nd fiddle to a better player like at United to Ronaldo from 06-09, so you wouldn't have the Ibrahimovic problem. Only real problem with him is that he can be a bit sloppy with the ball but as a striker losing the ball isn't as bad as losing it as a midfielder.

Home of Barca Fans