Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

• Lucho should stay

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Unzue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eusebio

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Koeman

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sampaoli

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • Other(who?)

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FlaFCB

1-Valverde won't be part of any decoy,it isn't like he is saying he will manage us and in fact he said he knows nothing and focusing on this season. All are giving same answers anyway.
2-And with Sampaoli buyouts clauses are for off-season ,we can't pay it in March unless Monchi was an idiot who accepted such clause that allow his coach to leave at the middle of the season and we know he isn't. So actually the club saying they will announce the coach in July it points to Sampaoli more than anyone actually,we don't need the wait with the likes of Blanc,Valverde,Unzue etc. Only with coaches in Sampaoli situation,like Koeman too :lucho:
3-Again,there is a wide believe in this media bs,Valverde and Sampaoli are the media favorite. Sampaoli is the new admirable coach in Liga and Valverde is the one that meets the club usual criteria of coach they hired before. Media will surely link us to those. The club has no need to hurry tbh. we have at least couple of months to assess our situation,made some primary talking with agents and decide.
4-Going for Sampaoli at this moment is stupid to say at least,he is coach of direct rival in an ongoing title race ffs people. A club that we have very strong relationship that we don't need to end for sake of basically nothing. It isn't like Sampaoli has 5 other offers from elite clubs that they want the answer now. Trying to pursuing him now will only tarnish our reputation between Liga clubs (talking about administrative not fans)
5-Again,we don't even know what is in Sampaoli head,yeah our coaching job should be very attractive but at the end there are many things that decides coach decision,may be he has other plans for now.
I mean seriously,I get it that Sampaoli is gr8 coach etc,but people has really to calm down here.there is nothing that the club can do now.

I don't think you understood me. Valverde and bilbao will need an imediate decision. If he's the chosen and wants to come, he won't renew, and Bilbao will need time to find his replacement. If it's Sampaoli, Sevilla also will need to be notified with time to find a replacement. When things will be paid or signed is another matter. But there's no way they'll wait until July to have all this already decided, that's by the end of march. And we all will know it too, before any announcement.

khaled_a_d

I don't think you understood me. Valverde and bilbao will need an imediate decision. If he's the chosen and wants to come, he won't renew, and Bilbao will need time to find his replacement. If it's Sampaoli, Sevilla also will need to be notified with time to find a replacement. When things will be paid or signed is another matter. But there's no way they'll wait until July to have all this already decided, that's by the end of march. And we all will know it too, before any announcement.

I doubt if it is Sampaoli we will do anything more than sounding his agent before end of April,and going to negotiation once Sevilla is clear from title race with the club telling Sevilla too. The club would handle this as respectable to Sevilla as possible,and I doubt we will know that early tbh either
As for Valverde he might not renew anyway,he has a history of moving around before and already stayed too long for Bilbao,he himself might be one of the top candidates to replace Sampaoli if he joined us. His renewal doesn't depend on us only.

F

FlaFCB

I doubt if it is Sampaoli we will do anything more than sounding his agent before end of April,and going to negotiation once Sevilla is clear from title race with the club telling Sevilla too. The club would handle this as respectable to Sevilla as possible,and I doubt we will know that early tbh either
As for Valverde he might not renew anyway,he has a history of moving around before and already stayed too long for Bilbao,he himself might be one of the top candidates to replace Sampaoli if he joined us. His renewal doesn't depend on us only.

It can be respectable. Sounding an agent only isn't enough, and then the manager is already tapped up. In order for this to not be a problem, a fast decision would be the best for everyone. Also, I read Valverde's wife is tired of him moving around, and wants him to stay at Bilbao. So I doubt he'd move to Sevilla. Barça is something else, so she could make an exception.

xXKonan

[MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION] It was a joke on my part I had no intention of making fun of Valverde.

Speaking of coaches, MD reported Eusebio, apparently has a low buyout clause in his contract. But I still think we will end up with Valverde imo, I won't see it as some crazy catastrophic pick like some cules do on twitter.

He also seems to have a solid record with Youth.

God Serena

Eusobio has already stated his disinterest, so he thankfully won't be coming.

I want Sampaoli but no matter who comes I pray they are willing to give young players a chance without them having to cost us 30-40m for every single one.

Nucky

Valverde or Koeman if the condition is having a past with Barca. I'd go for Koeman then.

vlad

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...uturo-entrenador-haya-pasado-por-el-club.html

Robert: "it'd be great if the next coach had been here in the past, and that he knows the club".

Goodbye Sampaoli.

always the same mantra "knows the club" "barca dna", but how much barca changed during recent years in terms of politics? alot, mostly in negative way, galactico transfer policy, selling clubs name everyone who offers money, not trusting in youth players, but still they want "barca dna coach", its hipocrisy

BBZ8800

Hoping for Cocu to sign,or hoping his chances are slim?

I love all of our former (and thus, future) Dutch coaches :p

I don't want Samp for some reason, I am afraid of those things (not European, not a former Barca's player, not a former footballer, not winning a league).
I also love that Barca DNA/Dutch/La Masia/history thing.

So, I would like Koeman or Cocu here rather than Valverde/Eusebio/Unzue, even though I am also slightly afraid of Koeman because of bad reviews about his tactical style.

About Valverde, I don't "get" that part that he is our former player.
He played only 22 matches in 2 seasons here in 80s.
Even Paco already have 17 matches, and Paco has nothing with Barca's DNA and with understanding our style.

So, I currently don't get that idea from a board, to get Barca's DNA guy and then they want a guy who played 22 matches in 2 years here.
This is why I would rather see true legends, like Koeman (190+ matches, Dream team), Cocu (200+ matches) or even Eusebio (200+ matches, Dream team).

Koeman and Eusebio were coached by Cruijff and played as starters under him. They surely understand and know everything about our DNA and total football.
Cocu played under Van Gaal.
Valverde played under Cruijff, but we sold him fast... He wasn't even here during the most famous years (La ligas 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994), he was here in 1989 and 1990.

Anyway, all of current names have both of pros and cons.
But I don't see too much of a connection between Barca and Valverde. That way, they could have picked Sampaoli also.
If a board really wants some strong Barca's DNA guys, then Koeman/Cocu/Eusebio are imo much more connected with our club, La Masia and our style and history.

Last edited:

God Serena

You know, I really look forward to the day when I've been a Barca fan for a large number of decades and can go back and talk about a lot of our former players who are now in contention to be our managers the way BBZ can. I can see it now:

"I'd rather our manager after Xavi be someone else who knows the club. Roberto was good and he was always a favorite as a player here because of his attitude, but imo I don't think he has the tactical knowledge to bring out the best in our midfield, which is what we really need. Buffon has been doing great things with Dortmund but he's never managed outside of Germany, and I for some reason don't think he'd do well outside of the Bundesliga. Imo, our best bet should be to bring Iniesta from the B team. It'd be a logical progression from Xavi because of how they were always a legendary duo and they ushered in a golden era for both Spain and Barca. And we know we wouldn't have to worry about him ignoring youth players, either. The only issue is he might be a but less experienced."

It reminds me of when I reffed my old high school team, and all the players, coaches, fans, and kits were different, but the school remained in full force. Ten years is such a long time, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans