Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

• Lucho should stay

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Unzue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eusebio

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Koeman

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sampaoli

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • Other(who?)

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

God Serena

His style and ideas are more interesting to me than Koeman's or Valverde's. Setien is a cruyffista.

What about youth? The last thing we need is another no name manager like Lucho or Martino coming in and realizing they don't ever have to play a youngster again if they don't want to, even when they do.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
After the switch to 3-4-3, Sampaoli should become the favorite for the board and everyone so he can carry it on and perfect it.

Barcilliant

Allegri would be very, very interesting for me.

He's calm and collected. Tactically he has a good blend between attack and defence.

Only issue is the language and culture, Italians have never done well in la liga.

F

FlaFCB

Valverde: "We haven't started talking about that yet. My renewal with Athletic is something that's stopped. I do not interpret it in any way, the confidence of the club towards me and mine towards the club has always been the same and there is no problem."

JamDav1982

Would rather Lucho changed his mind and went with 3-4-3 next season than almost all the names mentioned bar Sampaoli and Pochetino.

Dont think either of them will come and likes of Valverde just doesnt seem to have personality and isnt doing well with one of better squads in the league.

Ascom

I have to big preferences that i choose for two diferente reasons. Sampaoli and Koeman.

Sampaoli because tatically he is brilliant, he did a very good job with Chile(their defense was so unortodox and at the same time so good) and he is doing a great job with Chile now. He doesn't have Barça dna but at the same time the players love him and he has a similar philosophy. Also he unlike Martino, he is proving himself in Europe. His Sevilla is doing a great job in La liga and also at Champions league.

Koeman is completely different. He is not tatical genius like Sampaoli but he is competent, and with his background and experience that may be enough to put us playing great football and winning titles. Looking to his carrer he starts in Vitesse doing 4º, nothing special because Vitesse was doing that kind of results. Next season he goes to Ajax the half of the first part of the season. He got the team in 2º and they didnt won the league in 3 or 4 years and he won it along with the cup. Next season he got 2º if i'm not wrong and the other he won the league again and the other he did a bad season. The next season he went to Benfica, they were the current league champions despite the awful football they practise with Trapattoni, Koeman did bad here, he won the supercup and did 3º the league but on the other hand he put Benfica in the QF something that only happened 3 times in my lifetime(i'm portuguese). After Benfica he went to PSV, he inherited the team of Guus Hiddink and was narrowly champion despite a serious of injuries that affected his team. Next season he went to Valencia, he had a nice team but didnt built it. He got the team in November and did even worse than the previous manager leaving the team 2 point from relegation in 15º. But on the other hand he won the Copa del Rey eliminating in the process Barcelona and Atlético. Then he went to AZ, where he inherited the team that was league champion with Louis Van Gaal and did badly. Next season he was hired by Feyenoord a team that before him did a humiliating 10th place and before that season a 4th place. In his first season in Feyenoord he managed to do second, something very interesting because of the conditions. Next season he did a 3rd place and the other another 2nd. So he put Feyenoord competitive again. Next season he went to Southampton, he had the task of suceeding Pochettino who did a 8th place in the premier league. Also, the most influential players were sold if i remembre well, Lallana, Lambert, Shaw Lovren. No one believed Koeman would do a good job but he rebuild the team and managed to do 7th place and the next he did even better better, a 6th place, highest premier league place for them with the record number of points for the team. This season he signed to Everton and he is doing an interesting job. He is the leader of the rest of the normal clubs in premier league. He is doing a 7th place in Premier. His predecessor did two consecutive 11th places.

So Koeman is an interesting coach and he has a unbelieveble experience. He won the champions with PSV and Barcelona(the first we won, with his goal in the final if i'm right) he won a number of eredvisie and la liga. He was a key elemento of the dream team of Barcelona and also the Netherlands team of 88'. The man, has not only Barcelona DNA in his veins, but also a champion dna. He was trained by champions, he was colleague of champions and he himself was a champion. Also, he was assiatant coach of Guus Hiddink and Van Gaal at Barcelona. He also managed interesting players like Villa, Ibrahimovic and Lukaku.

Would rather Lucho changed his mind and went with 3-4-3 next season than almost all the names mentioned bar Sampaoli and Pochetino.

If Lucho doesn't think he can handle another season then I don't think so either. The guy's clearly exhausted. I don't think anything good can come from him changing his mind, especially if he's pressured into it by the players or the board.

Sampaoli's available so if the board fail to adequately replace Lucho, that's their fault.

A midfield 4 is a must if Messi's going to be moved into midfield. You need enough midfielders behind him to make up for Messi's lack of defensive work rate while not relying solely on him to provide the creative spark. In a 3 man midfield with Messi, you basically need 2 DMs. Which in turn means you rely solely on Messi for creativity. Hope whoever the next coach is continues with the 3-4-3.

Last edited:
Valverde: "We haven't started talking about that yet. My renewal with Athletic is something that's stopped. I do not interpret it in any way, the confidence of the club towards me and mine towards the club has always been the same and there is no problem."

Waiting for barça to make a move. Sevilla can't get out of CL soon enough.

JPM85

Koeman is completely different. He is not tatical genius like Sampaoli but he is competent, and with his background and experience that may be enough to put us playing great football and winning titles. [....] So he put Feyenoord competitive again.

I think the experience from Koeman makes him the right person for the job.
Not only did he have the experience as an (junior) manager of the hard world in South Europa with Benfica and Valencia, it also made him a new kind of coach after he joined Feynoord. He became more tactical aware of the possibilities of the teams he manages, and learned from Cruyff and v. Gaal in this regard.

Something a lot of people don't know, but v. Gaal took tactics on the WC 2014 from Feyenoord which was managed by Koeman. They played a hybrid 5-3-2/3-5-2, as there back line was to weak due to an overrun midfield. In possesion the full backs became outside midfielders, where 3-5-2 was played.

Looking at our current squad, this could be very well be a new alternative, as we have full backs which can do the milage (Alba, Vidal, Roberto & Digne), and our midfield has been overrun for a handfull of games this year. With a new role for Messi as playing more as CAM, Neymar would get a free role around Suarez, making him even harder to defend as opposition would need to go into zone defense. Alba could use the space when Neymar drifts away from the LW position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans