Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

Who should be Barça's next coach after Lucho?

• Lucho should stay

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Unzue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eusebio

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Koeman

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Sampaoli

Votes: 112 72.3%
  • Other(who?)

Votes: 17 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FlaFCB

[tw]838164843609882626[/tw]

"Barça's next coach needs to have something special. We won't discard anyone for not having a history with the club".

He backtracked on his previous statement. A glimmer of hope...

Devils

Everything Robert says should be taken with a grain of salt.

Lucho told him in the summer that he likely wont continue after this season but through this season Robert always stated that Lucho and his renewal is the only option for Barca and there was no plan B.

Robert is pretty good at working behind the scenes like he did when he made the signings last summer and everyone was surprised.

khaled_a_d

I love all of our former (and thus, future) Dutch coaches :p

Koeman and Eusebio were coached by Cruijff and played as starters under him. They surely understand and know everything about our DNA and total football.
But I don't see too much of a connection between Barca and Valverde. That way, they could have picked Sampaoli also.

Why not Gio then? I didn't watch Feyenoord but he has been doing even more impressive job at Feyenoord IMHO. He has 4 point lead over Ajax this year 9 weeks to go,might very well lead them for 1st league title for almost 2 decades after leading them to 1st trophy in 8 years last summer. The way he speaks about football is really interesting and scream Barca football more than the other two (even more than Xavi) though I am yet to watch Feyenoord tbh so I don't know what type of football he is playing/
Cocu & Koeman is kind of new Dutch philosophy,they are more defensive IMHO ,playing under Van Gaal is good,but Mourinho was Van Gaal assistant for 3 years here and he is Anti Barca,Van Gaal influenced like half of the coaches on the world of football right now and they have their different identities and philosophies

Don't forget Arda Turan.

I think he was pointing to Roberto own mistake,Arda wasn't signed by him

"Barça's next coach needs to have something special. We won't discard anyone from not having a history with the club".

He backtracked on his previous statement. A glimmer of hope...

As Devils said,you guys need to let go following the media in that matter,we won't really get an insider in the next two months about our next coach.

BBZ8800

Arsenal is interested in hiring Koeman as Wenger's heir, plus Giovanni VanBronckhorst thinks that Koeman is an ideal coach for Barcelona:
http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/ronald-koeman-emerges-candidate-replace-wenger-arsenal-5877264

"Giovanni van Bronckhorst, meanwhile, is convinced that Koeman is ideal for Barcelona: "When you see the list of managers that have worked at Barcelona, you realise the club prefer managers who've made history as players at Barçå and Ronald is on that list."

Why not Gio then? I didn't watch Feyenoord but he has been doing even more impressive job at Feyenoord IMHO. He has 4 point lead over Ajax this year 9 weeks to go,might very well lead them for 1st league title for almost 2 decades after leading them to 1st trophy in 8 years last summer. The way he speaks about football is really interesting and scream Barca football more than the other two (even more than Xavi) though I am yet to watch Feyenoord tbh so I don't know what type of football he is playing/

I would consider him in the future.
I would like to see at least 2-3-4 years of successful coaching before coaches coming to Barca (I know that Pep had less).

Raketa10

I am really really curious who will be our next coach. Who is that person who has something special? :D

It seems to me Sampaoli and Koeman are favorites in this moment. Don't think Valverde would add anything special to our current system.

He was also too short in our team so he is not part of "barca history" and he is definitely nothing special as a manager so I really don't get why is he even a candidate.

That being said, my opinion is that being part of "barca history" should not be the decisive factor.

Last edited:

PhilS

Quite a few candidates will not want to disturb their current teams before the end of the season, so it would be fine if the announcement did not come out until then. I would like to have the new guy named in time to be able to revamp the squad to his liking. We need to avoid the type of situation there was when Tata was named so late.

The new coach may want to move out some of the aging players now on the team. This has to happen sooner or later, the start of a new coach is the best time.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What about Setien? I heard he's not renewing with Las Palmas... I'm not suggesting we go for him, but I'm interested about what you guys make of him...

F

FlaFCB

What about Setien? I heard he's not renewing with Las Palmas... I'm not suggesting we go for him, but I'm interested about what you guys make of him...

I think he's a more interesting option than koeman, or even valverde.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans