World Cup 2018

aaron101

Belgium need to reach the final in order to possibly meet one of Spain/Croatia actually.

Oh yeah, I just realized that they are now no.1 on their group and will be on the left side bracket. Damn, so many solid teams on Argentina's side.

Jenks

Wait, I'm a little confused. The winner of this tie plays Japan right? Why would the teams want to face Colombia over Japan though?

Because that side of the draw has fewer top teams. You beat Japan and you likely play Brazil.

Morten

Dont like all the talk about not winning so you get the "easier path", thats loser mentality, play to win, always.
Not like there are really any easy knockout matches in any case.

Jenks

Dont like all the talk about not winning so you get the "easier path", thats loser mentality, play to win, always.

It's the approach both coaches took whether they admit it or not. You don't make 8 and 9 changes if you're serious about winning the group.

bodi16

Belgium - Brazil in the QF is going to be interesting if both teams will qualify, which is expected to happen.

West Saxon

Ah well. Pretty nothing game really, two teams playing with no intensity, decided by a moment of magic. Can't get too animated over it. Rashford is talented but infuriating, makes a lot of poor decisions and is not a great finisher.

So, Colombia it is! They are better than Japan, and will be a difficult opponent, but I'm not scared of them. Can't wait! :)

Morten

It's the approach both coaches took whether they admit it or not. You don't make 8 and 9 changes if you're serious about winning the group.

Thats not what i mean, when you are already through its fine to rest players, but you still expect the substitutes to do their best, you dont tell the team to just take it easy in a world cup match.

Givenchy

Thats not what i mean, when you are already through its fine to rest players, but you still expect the substitutes to do their best, you dont tell the team to just take it easy in a world cup match.

England didn't 'just take it easy' its just that our 2nd team aren't really very good. Rashford was poor, Welbeck.. yeah

West Saxon

England didn't 'just take it easy' its just that our 2nd team aren't really very good. Rashford was poor, Welbeck.. yeah
Yep. Imagine the players we could have taken if they weren't injured or unfit. I'd much rather Lallana, Wilshere, and Oxlade-Chamberlain over Delph, Loftus-Cheek, and Welbeck.

Yannik

Hope Colombia sends England home and the whole "let's loose to get the easy draw" thing backfires. Also hope Belgium looses, because they went in with the same approach.

Jenks

Thats not what i mean, when you are already through its fine to rest players, but you still expect the substitutes to do their best, [...]

Well I think that's probably what happened. They wouldn't have wanted to upset the mentality or the momentum by telling them to lose, even if they secretly probably wanted them to. Belgium vs Brazil should be a great game at least.

Home of Barca Fans