World Cup 2018

BarcaGirl

I'm still sad that Argentina is gone but the EVIL is defeated and I can finally watch the rest of this tournament in peace.

AJMO HRVATSKA!!! :wub:

Donatello

Five goals for PSG players today. Playing against farmers clearly holding them back.

Well, I don't want to take anything from their goals, every goal contributed massively.

But about playing against farmers, it was pretty much that aswell,

Cavani scored against Pepe and Fonte, who are 33+ and play in China.

Mbappe scored against a pathetic Argentina defense, with their 31yo GK plays for River Plate.

Di Maria scored a stunner. Its actually quite a hard goal, but to score from volleys needs more luck than talent.

Jair Ventura

Well, I don't want to take anything from their goals, every goal contributed massively.

But about playing against farmers, it was pretty much that aswell,

Cavani scored against Pepe and Fonte, who are 33+ and play in China.

Mbappe scored against a pathetic Argentina defense, with their 31yo GK plays for River Plate.

Di Maria scored a stunner. Its actually quite a hard goal, but to score from volleys needs more luck than talent.

You’re trying to downplay WC performances. Stop.

Ritchie

This was the last World Cup game for Ronaldo. I was thinking if they have called up Gomes they might at least have a shot.

He'll play in Qatar.

Like Argentina though I don't think Portugal have a great deal of talent coming through and have plenty of older players so aren't likely contenders.

Ritchie

With that fitness level, I can imagine CR7 playing in Qatar.

He's got 2020 Euros and will want to stay on till 2022 in Qatar. Possibly beyond that as long as he's fit enough.

Personal accolades for him:
all time International goal record which he should beat.
Only player to score in 5 World Cups.

Realistically he's just lost his last chance to win it. Realistically Messi's last chance was always 2014.

bodi16

Lol, Portugal have just been knocked out and people are starting to talk about Ronaldo's next major international tournament participations. I thought it will end at this point, but i am wrong it seems.

vlad

Lol, Portugal have just been knocked out and people are starting to talk about Ronaldo's next major international tournament participations. I thought it will end at this point, but i am wrong it seems.

messi and ronaldo fans debates are hilarious to read

you could read here how messi fans can relax now and enjoy in WC because cr7 is out :D

basically for them is all about those 2 players

Last edited:

Ritchie

I did say here that their unending luck may have finally ran out after the Iran equaliser as that gave them a much tougher path to the final. Without that it could have been Russia, Croatia and England instead of Uruguay, France and Brazil.

Had they won the group it could have been Euros all over again. They weren't likely to beat those three though.

Home of Barca Fans