World Cup 2018

BerkeleyBernie

Iniesta providing some attacking threat between the lines, finally, not there before his coming on.

Alba on ground, lol. Need to have a gif of the ball hitting his head in slo-mo.

El Gato

Villarato!
Spain has this. It's 100% one way traffic atm and the Russians seem to be dead tired.

If it goes to penalties I'm down with the idea of Akinfeev heroics. Defensive momentum goes a long way. Has De Gea made one good save in the whole tournament? I don't recall any.

jamrock

Thiago offers so much more than koke on the ball & in the final 3rd, and you don't lose much with him on the defensive side.

Joan

If it goes to penalties I'm down with the idea of Akinfeev heroics. Defensive momentum goes a long way. Has De Gea made one good save in the whole tournament? I don't recall any.

Akinfeev heroics :lol: We'll be able to say we've seen it all :lol:

eaman

Why? Because blocking the ball with his hand which would lead to a penalty which is almost always a sure goal, is better than a head that the player could miss or that the keeper as a much better chance of saving than a penalty.

It was a penalty, but it wasn't intentional.

I know he didn't see the ball coming but he knew it was possibly going to hit his high hand. Players do it all the time hoping the ref will say ball to hand which it is but you just can't keep your hand up there. I would not give a penalty if the ball isn't going goalwards and out of play but if it's on target or going to another opposition player it's a penalty accident or not. Piques was an intentional accident if that's a thing

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Koke is such a pointless player. Not really good at anything.

We are not allowed to say that on here considering the majority wanted us to break the bank for him some seasons ago. Even people following Atletico have started to question him recently.

Home of Barca Fans