World Cup 2022

Kul_z

Exactly! Furthermore, I can't comprehend Dalic idea to play 4-3-3 system without a RW and proper No.9. It's clear from the Moon that Vlasic can not play as a winger and Kramaric has no position in 4-3-3. Apart from Perisic, this is literally the slowest attack we ever had. We need to change something for the next game. IMHO the selection was done poorly. We have 3 attackers (Livaja, Petkovic and Kramaric) that are not suitable for the formation we are utilizing right now. None of those 3 are suitable to play as a no.9 or as a wingers and all of them are slow as fuck. I don't particularly like Colak or Brekalo but those two would definitely be a better choice for this formation.

I'd go with orsic petkovic/livaja perisic attack
Modric brozovic kovacic are undisputable starters and rightefully so, but there has to be some pace on the wings and other spots infront should be more versatile and direct.

eaman

I haven't seen much of musiala since he hit the scene but been very impressed. Looks a good technical footballer and not too athletic snd mechanical looking like alot of players these days

BBZ8800

I'd go with orsic petkovic/livaja perisic attack
Modric brozovic kovacic are undisputable starters and rightefully so, but there has to be some pace on the wings and other spots infront should be more versatile and direct.

As a lot of people are joking on Croatian forums: we are still waiting for Kovacic's first good NT match in his career.

For a club he is hot and cold player.
For NT, he is usually a scared ghost.

In 2018, Croatia had a double pivot Rakitic-Brozovic with Modric as a creator.
But since Rakitic retired, Croatia more or less plays with a triple pivot with Modric-Kovacic-Brozovic.
I would kick Kovacic or Brozovic out and play Majer.

In attack, somebody needs to buy a popcorn and a lolipop for Kramaric and send him to stands for good.
He is the most useful when he doesn't play.

In attack, any combo with Perisic, Petkovic, Orsic, Livaja will be better than this.

eaman

Tall strikers + pacey technical wingers

Most tall strikers lack the great footwork though. Rather a small quick striker than a tall sluggish slower footed striker. David villa type is the perfect height really. He could jump and head as well

JamDav1982

Musiala another one produced largely in England.

Some of the most technical young players appearing from there lately.

Even Scotland are producing more technical players in recent years.

Lots of changes been made to coaching in last decade or so.

JamDav1982

Most tall strikers lack the great footwork though. Rather a small quick striker than a tall sluggish slower footed striker. David villa type is the perfect height really. He could jump and head as well

Tall strikers always be better.

Todays game defences are better drilled than ever at cutting off space and balls into box with quality and a target is huge.

There are plenty of tall strikers that are not sluggish these days as well as been drilled into them from young age the techincal side.

BBZ8800

Regarding Japan, as some commented here, they always play okish.
Not awesome, but good enough.

Also, since 1998 and Nakata, they always played the most European/logical from all Asian teams.

Their play always makes sense.
They only lack top level skills and finishing.

On the other hand, majority of other Asian teams often play some wtf kung fu run and gun, dribble to death, shoot from everywhere, kick everyone, tactical level 2/10 football.

BBZ8800

Dude, you are stuck in Barca DNA and 2010.
I won't jump into that discussion loop.

BBZ8800

France and England seem to have more attacking power and versatility than Germany, based on the matches in the 1st round.

eaman

Tall strikers always be better.

Todays game defences are better drilled than ever at cutting off space and balls into box with quality and a target is huge.

There are plenty of tall strikers that are not sluggish these days as well as been drilled into them from young age the techincal side.

We it would give that extra option of hold up play and from crosses but most don't have the quick feet or the quick turn ability to play the neat football I'd rather watch anyway. The very tall ones like haaland are very few and far between.

Home of Barca Fans