World Cup 2022

serghei

Sweden sitting off Spain and letting Busi get the ball in acres of space and Spain have no real idea how to break them down.

Other than couple individual moments from Gavi to open up the game they dont look like breaking Sweden down.

Gavi only one on park showing quality.

Yea, and the worrying thing for Spain is that Sweden created more chances than them with a lot less of the ball. So not exactly a controlled 0-0 so far from Spain either. Those two shots by Forsberg could've both gone in easily.

This is what we could get with Xavi too. The bad side of possession football when you lack too much quality in some areas.

Bobo32

Greece is the weakest it's been maybe in its history.

If Spain lose to Sweden and need a penalty to scrape past Greece how are they crushing England? I have no dog in the fight since I don't support either of these teams, just being neutral.

Perhaps Greece is, but they still beat Sweden and marginally lost to Spain.

I don't believe in these mathematics though, just saying that these two teams are underrated because they play solid, defensive, physical football and are able to counter decently. England has played a bit similarly recently under Southgate, and it has been pretty succesful, but I still think that Spain, who are so used to this kind of opponent, would crush England who aren't really playing their natural way at the moment.
Spain have shown to be very good both in the euros and the NL.

serghei

Spain have big issues on the wings. Olmo is not really a winger, but more a midfielder, and the other guy is just not that good either. You simply need faster more skilled players able to beat a man for pace or trickery wide.

Missing Ferran and Oyarzabal too, not to mention Fati.

JamDav1982

From this eleven Spain are missing players in virtually every position to be a top team.

That front three is terrible.

They played some decent football in Euros and Nations League.. but they won one game in 90 mins v 11 men across those two 'tournaments'. Against Slovakia.

Bobo32

Spain have big issues on the wings. Olmo is not really a winger, but more a midfielder, and the other guy is just not that good either. You simply need faster more skilled players able to beat a man for pace or trickery wide.

Missing Ferran and Oyarzabal too, not to mention Fati.

They can put Adama on, then.
I think the setup is good, I like the way Olmo plays from there, but Sweden are very well set up. I don't think there is much space to run onto, it will be about combining or about a 'fluke' goal.

serghei

They can put Adama on, then.
I think the setup is good, I like the way Olmo plays from there, but Sweden are very well set up. I don't think there is much space to run onto, it will be about combining or about a 'fluke' goal.

There isn't much space to run into, but there are openings for a player to beat a man wide and create superiority. Just that nobody has the skill to do it from this front 3.

Besides that, Spain are showing weaknesses in defense, and major culprits for that are Busi and Alba. Far too slow on transitions.

This would be no problem for Spain if they would be solid in defense. Just grind Sweden out and get the 1-0 somehow. But the way they are off the ball in defensive transition leaves chances for Sweden to score goals with very little time on the ball.

Home of Barca Fans