World Cup 2022

Birdy

What's the opinion of the pen?

I am reading that Keane, Right, Neville and English ref in English studio all said: no pen

It's not a pen, but with the directives referees have these days (which I don't know WTF they should call) I can't blame the ref

Still, wouldn't have changed anything.
Croatia had good circulation of the ball but were toothless AF whenever they approached last third.

Should have never been in the semi

Horatio

You're welcome
Seems you forgot to switch channels and kept watching Captain Tsubasa.

Seems you tuned in after the 30th minute. Argentina deserved win but until 30th minute was back and forth. Then Argentina managed to get the first goal and after that things got easier for them.
Argentina had 37% possession in first half.

utility73

Seems you tuned in after the 30th minute. Argentina deserved win but until 30th minute was back and forth. Then Argentina managed to get the first goal and after that things got easier for them.
Argentina had 37% possession in first half.

No I watched the whole match.
Argentina started very cautious and let Croatia do some possession play.
If on purpose to provoke some carelessness or not I can?t say.

But Croatia never created any serious danger also not in those first thirty minutes.
And after the first goal the match was over.
Argentina never lost control and was always able to create real danger on the counter.

The final score of 3:0 is a perfectly fair result for how the match played out.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
No I watched the whole match.
Argentina started very cautious and let Croatia do some possession play.
If on purpose to provoke some carelessness or not I can?t say.

But Croatia never created any serious danger also not in those first thirty minutes.
And after the first goal the match was over.
Argentina never lost control and was always able to create real danger on the counter.

The final score of 3:0 is a perfectly fair result for how the match played out.

I meant that Croatia is closer in strength than what people make out to be. Don't like this in hindsight Croatia did not deserve to be in semi-final/all luck talk. People were shitting pants for this game. Think game coulde gone very differently had Croatia scored before Argentina. Argentina got the lead and played out rest well. Deserved.

BBZ8800

Keane, Nev and Wright getting anihilated for that.

Every other pundit said clear pen as did the referee when asked his opinion.

Interesting how the refs opinions and rules are different from country to country.

Head of Croatian refs who was in a tv studio said it is not a pen.
Also, before a pen, Perisic took a shot, it was deflected to a corner.
Croatian players asked for a corner and talked to the ref, while Martinez played a fast counter which resulted in a questionable pen.

As I have said a few days, has it ever happened in a modern World Cup or CL history in high stakes matches like semis or finals that the bigger/richer/more influental team got robbed or not given 50:50 decisions in their favor?
Absolutely never a similar shit could happen against favored teams.

Argies Gk literally said to Van Gaal: I fucked you twice and dancing infront of him.
If someone from Plzen did that to let's say Real Madrid, a player would get a red and a 3 match ban right away.
Why did Dumfries get a red and Argies players haven't?
I know why. Do the maths. Messi, Psg, Qatar, Fifa + fans from India and Bangladesh will buy million Messi and Cr7 shirts.

Argies have got 3 pens on this Wc at 0:0.
Interesting.

If France reaches a final, that will be the first match where Argies won't be pushed by refs if needed since France is as equally as important to Fifa&Qatar so there won't be soft pens at 0:0.

Dear old rigged Wc and CL, it was nice.
Why bother watching and playing at all, to some extent?

KingLeo10

Interesting how the refs opinions and rules are different from country to country.

Croatian players asked for a corner and talked to the ref, while Martinez played a fast counter which resulted in a questionable pen.

As I have said a few days, has it ever happened in a modern World Cup or CL history in high stakes matches like semis or finals that the bigger/richer/more influental team got robbed or not given 50:50 decisions in their favor?

Argies Gk literally said to Van Gaal: I fucked you twice and dancing infront of him.
If someone from Plzen did that to let's say Real Madrid, a player would get a red and a 3 match ban right away.
I know why. Do the maths. Messi, Psg, Qatar, Fifa.

Interesting.

If France reaches a final, that will be the first match where Argies won't be pushed by refs if needed since France is as equally as important to Fifa&Qatar so there won't be soft pens at 0:0.

Argentina was the better team on the day, and Messi put in a great performance like I said he would. Give him his props, man.

Birdy

I meant that Croatia is closer in strength than what people make out to be. Don't like this in hindsight Croatia did not deserve to be in semi-final/all luck talk. People were shitting pants for this game. Think game coulde gone very differently had Croatia scored before Argentina. Argentina got the lead and played out rest well. Deserved.

I base the 'didn't deserve' on the Brazil QF game

They were utterly battered and got unrealy lucky to qualify
It's as if the universe conspired so that Argentina can win a WC w/o playing a serous opponent

Horatio

You're welcome

I know why. Do the maths. Messi, Psg, Qatar, Fifa + fans from India and Bangladesh will buy million Messi and Cr7 shirts.

Interesting.

Argentina got 4 penalties. Messi missed against Poland. But not of opinion it is rigged.

Home of Barca Fans