World Cup 2022

JamDav1982

Interesting how the refs opinions and rules are different from country to country.

Head of Croatian refs who was in a tv studio said it is not a pen.
Also, before a pen, Perisic took a shot, it was deflected to a corner.
Croatian players asked for a corner and talked to the ref, while Martinez played a fast counter which resulted in a questionable pen.

As I have said a few days, has it ever happened in a modern World Cup or CL history in high stakes matches like semis or finals that the bigger/richer/more influental team got robbed or not given 50:50 decisions in their favor?
Absolutely never a similar shit could happen against favored teams.

Argies Gk literally said to Van Gaal: I fucked you twice and dancing infront of him.
If someone from Plzen did that to let's say Real Madrid, a player would get a red and a 3 match ban right away.
Why did Dumfries get a red and Argies players haven't?
I know why. Do the maths. Messi, Psg, Qatar, Fifa + fans from India and Bangladesh will buy million Messi and Cr7 shirts.

Argies have got 3 pens on this Wc at 0:0.
Interesting.

If France reaches a final, that will be the first match where Argies won't be pushed by refs if needed since France is as equally as important to Fifa&Qatar so there won't be soft pens at 0:0.

Dear old rigged Wc and CL, it was nice.
Why bother watching and playing at all, to some extent?

Well not surprising if Croatian ref doesnt think it was pen but majority of others seem to think was clear cut.

Stop with your inane fix theories.

This doesnt fit and vast majority say it was clear pen.

All pens Argies have got were pens.. interesting indeed.

Your desperate theories are not based on fact.

You point to SA pen.. not to goal that seemingly was onside?

Not to ref adding on ten mins v NL etc.

ajnotkeith

I base the 'didn't deserve' on the Brazil QF game

They were utterly battered and got unrealy lucky to qualify
It's as if the universe conspired so that Argentina can win a WC w/o playing a serous opponent

They will probably end up having to play France anyway so wouldn't say it is a particularly easy path or one that discredits their win.

JamDav1982

I base the 'didn't deserve' on the Brazil QF game

They were utterly battered and got unrealy lucky to qualify
It's as if the universe conspired so that Argentina can win a WC w/o playing a serous opponent

Haha those 'serious teams' like Spain and Germany who could only beat Costa Rica and were dickd by Japan?

Serious stuff.

malvolio

They will probably end up having to play France anyway so wouldn't say it is a particularly easy path or one that discredits their win.

Plus, bar France and maybe Germany on their day(but they are shit also it seems) , who is this big team that Argentina didn't beat over the past 2 years? Even if they met likes of Spain, England or Portugal, those are either shit or meh at most right now.

JamDav1982

Wait, they might play Marocco :dembele:

Haha that would be Morocco you bum up when 'top teams' like Spain get put out by.. then call them trash when Argentina could meet.

Sums it up.

Keep trying to argue poor Spain and Germany were 'top teams' who had to play 'solid sides' like Japan but Argies when face Netherlands/Croatia these are just poor sides.

Numpty as usual.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lloris at conference “It is already a success for Morocco to be where they’re at”. Bodes well for tomorrow

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't see if it was a corner but not given to us but penalty is questionable and yes, no var check either and yes, again to Argies at 0-0. Was the match even or Croatia better up until then? Think so.

BBZ isn't far off.

Having said that Croatia didn't do much in the match so can't be that pissed.

I will surely root for Argentina no matter how dirty I find their team. It's Messi and I want him to win this

Horatio

You're welcome

Still think people are undercrediting Croatia. More than enough of a good side and be close to 50/50 against most sides. If Netherlands had avanced against semi would be knocked out me thinks.

Argentina will rarely play a side considered stronger than them cause they have been since beginning of one favourites. Brazil, Portugal, France are strong sides they could have faced. They face France possibly, got passed Croatia and Netherlands. Good enough route.

edit: forgot England.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Didn't see if it was a corner but not given to us but penalty is questionable and yes, no var check either and yes, again to Argies at 0-0. Was the match even or Croatia better up until then? Think so.

BBZ isn't far off.

Having said that Croatia didn't do much in the match so can't be that pissed.

They were checked by VAR...

Ref doesnt have to go over to check.

JohnN

Surely a deserved win for Argentina. As I said before, even the round of 16 was played, if they meet the result will be different than 2018. Argentina is a better team than 2018 (couldn't be worse) and Croatia is worse.
Penalty was clear but even without it Argentina took the game where they wanted it and constantly found spaces behind due to the defenders pushing to high to press Messi.

Birdy

Plus, bar France and maybe Germany on their day(but they are shit also it seems) , who is this big team that Argentina didn't beat over the past 2 years? Even if they met likes of Spain, England or Portugal, those are either shit or meh at most right now.

They haven't met Spain England Portugal Germany France yet

That's many teams buddy

They have beaten Italy and Brazil in finals, but weren't WC games
I am not sure the Brazil ARgentina Copa final would have been repeated in a semi final today had Brazil eliminated Croatia for example

serghei

Pen is clear, don't know how you can say that is not a pen. Keeper goes out of his goal to block a shot with arms and legs out and takes down the player instead. Clear as day.

If Alvarez is more experienced there, he tries to round the keeper and then it's a pen and red and game over right then and there.

Home of Barca Fans