World Cup 2022

FinBarcelonafan

France look very strong on paper compared to Argentina. However matches are won on the pitch not on paper.

Yet based on odds Argentina is a small favourite now(2.78 Vs 2.86), maybe because the camel flu a few players got from the French team.. Pogbas voodoo finally working?

https://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/world/world-cup-2022/argentina-france-rBfk6fO7/

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Having rewatched the tackle on boufal a t?te repos? I can't believe a penalty was not given to morocco
Incredible. Boufal was just standing there the defender fumbled, lost the ball control, lost balance , panicked and then just tackled boufal recklessly. Boufal got the yellow and no var lmao OK!

#rigged

Some interesting additional news:
1. Italian ref Orsato was injured and couldn't officiate during the last few weeks on a WC.
But he was called for the semis, inspite of being injured.
Either he is better than everyone else or he knows something what other don't know.
** He is from the same country as FIFA's Italian president Orsato, who lives in Qatar.
Who also gave lectures to the Western world before the start of the WC, lol.
Even injured, he has "spotted" a pen from being 20-30 meters away and he didn't need a VAR check. Legit.

2. the ref who was a head of VAR room refs in a match Argentina-Croatia was the same ref who was ALSO a head VAR ref during the WC 2018 final between France and Croatia.
He is also from Italy, the same as president Infantino and injured ref Orsato, who had to officiate on Tuesday.
A head VAR ref:
1) gave a soft pen on 1:1 between France-Croatia and he called a main ref of the match to check the VAR screen
2) during Argentina-Croatia, for Argentina's penalty, there was no calls to check the VAR screen :lol:
What a coincidence, that main VAR room ref is always giving decisions to the big teams who "have" to win. What a shock.

Either he is the best VAR room ref in the world.
Or he is the one who "knows" what has to be done in 50:50 calls...

3. regarding today, my prediction about refereeing is that will be in Morocco's favor.
Why?
1) they could be the first African team to win the bronze, which would be a huge boost to African teams, fans and players in the future
If Croatia wins, there won't be any boost. They are from Europe and nothing will change.
2) Africa's population is 1,2 Billion. Morocco's population is 37m. Croatia's population is less than 4m.
3) religion. It would also be a nice boost to Muslim fans if one of their countries would make a huge result. Qatar is of the same religion.
4) Qatar and Morocco are somewhat a neighbors: North Africa-Persian countries. So, for Qatar, as hosts, it would be better if a country from their region wins a bronze.
5) the ref is from Qatar :lol:

Anyway, this is not a dig at Morocco.
This is a dig at tiers: in semis, Morocco and Croatia had to lose vs France and Argentina.
Now in the 3rd place match: Morocco is a bigger "fish" when you sum all the political, religious and monetary benefits.
And as said, we even have a Qatari ref on this match.

Let's see whether this will be a fair match or a match with new "wtf/predictable rigged" decisions.

Good luck, anyway

Last edited:

bismp

I haven't followed all these conspiracy theories that much, but if the WC is rigged, how on Earth did Croatia beat Brazil and rob the world of a semifinal between Brazil and Argentina? That would be a monumental event, billions of people would tune in. Even Morocco vs Portugal doesn't make that much sense, even if you view the supposed Muslim angle, CR7 on the semis vs Mbappe, a semifinal between inarguably two of the most historic European teams (rematch of the 2016 Euro final and the 2006 WC semi). You would have arguably the 4 most popular footballers on the semis, probably never done before.

Rory

if he was injured he'd have been incapable of running around to referee a match bbz. You ever tried running with a pulled hamstring?

Rory

I haven't followed all these conspiracy theories that much, but if the WC is rigged, how on Earth did Croatia beat Brazil and rob the world of a semifinal between Brazil and Argentina? That would be a monumental event, billions of people would tune in. Even Morocco vs Portugal doesn't make that much sense, even if you view the supposed Muslim angle, CR7 on the semis vs Mbappe, a semifinal between inarguably two of the most historic European teams (rematch of the 2016 Euro final and the 2006 WC semi). You would have arguably the 4 most popular footballers on the semis, probably never done before.

Anyone could make up a conspiracy for literally any country in the world, it's all bullshit. South Korea for example. Asia never won a world cup, increase popularity throughout asia where more than 50% of the worlds population live. If even 5% of the population are turned into football fans because of this historic win then this could mean billions more in revenue. See I just made that up in 30 seconds.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some interesting additional news:
1. Italian ref Orsato was injured and couldn't officiate during the last few weeks on a WC.
But he was called for the semis, inspite of being injured.
Either he is better than everyone else or he knows something what other don't know.
** He is from the same country as FIFA's Italian president Orsato, who lives in Qatar.
Who also gave lectures to the Western world before the start of the WC, lol.
Even injured, he has "spotted" a pen from being 20-30 meters away and he didn't need a VAR check. Legit.

2. the ref who was a head of VAR room refs in a match Argentina-Croatia was the same ref who was ALSO a head VAR ref during the WC 2018 final between France and Croatia.
He is also from Italy, the same as president Infantino and injured ref Orsato, who had to officiate on Tuesday.
A head VAR ref:
1) gave a soft pen on 1:1 between France-Croatia and he called a main ref of the match to check the VAR screen
2) during Argentina-Croatia, for Argentina's penalty, there was no calls to check the VAR screen :lol:
What a coincidence, that main VAR room ref is always giving decisions to the big teams who "have" to win. What a shock.

Either he is the best VAR room ref in the world.
Or he is the one who "knows" what has to be done in 50:50 calls...

3. regarding today, my prediction about refereeing is that will be in Morocco's favor.
Why?
1) they could be the first African team to win the bronze, which would be a huge boost to African teams, fans and players in the future
If Croatia wins, there won't be any boost. They are from Europe and nothing will change.
2) Africa's population is 1,2 Billion. Morocco's population is 37m. Croatia's population is less than 4m.
3) religion. It would also be a nice boost to Muslim fans if one of their countries would make a huge result. Qatar is of the same religion.
4) Qatar and Morocco are somewhat a neighbors: North Africa-Persian countries. So, for Qatar, as hosts, it would be better if a country from their region wins a bronze.
5) the ref is from Qatar :lol:

Anyway, this is not a dig at Morocco.
This is a dig at tiers: in semis, Morocco and Croatia had to lose vs France and Argentina.
Now in the 3rd place match: Morocco is a bigger "fish" when you sum all the political, religious and monetary benefits.
And as said, we even have a Qatari ref on this match.

Let's see whether this will be a fair match or a match with new "wtf/predictable rigged" decisions.

Good luck, anyway

I didn't want to be bothered as I only get worked up but you made some fair points re. Orsato and same var ref who also screwed us in WC final 4 years ago.
Match fixing and corruption is high in football and FIFA in particular. Look how Qatar got the World Cup in the first place.
Also, Qatari ref is fishy here. Qataris have been openly rooting for Morocco so go figure. Now we have a Qatari ref in their opportunity to win the first medal.

Having said all that, I am a big advocate of motivation in football (life too) so despite quality that is on our side, Morocco will have both motivation and fans behind them. Sure, political reasons are on their side too as having sympathetic ref but it's what it is. We need to be a better team and show more attacking football to win.

raskolnikov

I disagree with those conspiracies. If that were true they would have let Brazil win. Or dont give England a second penalty.

Why didnt they send of mexicans when Argentina were on risk of bring eliminated?

Big teans tend to get into more positions to get calls usually.

The world cup would also be legendary if Croatia won. Or if Marocco won?
It can be blatant, like korea in 2002. But why would they care about France? Its basically boring if they win again.
Hakimi and Neymar are also Qatar players and Argentina could have easily lost the penalty shootout.
Its notbas fixed as some ce7 fanboys like to imply. Clutching at straws scared that Messi might pull it off.

Porque

Saw the penalty appeal and recall it from real time too. Konate (or whoever it is that made the challenge) got to the ball first.

I don't see how him going through Boufal on the 50/50 after constitutes a penalty. And in going through Boufal, Boufal stepped on his ankle so I get why the foul went to France.

And I wanted Morocco to win coz fuck France and fuck budget Macarons.

Horatio

You're welcome
Saw the penalty appeal and recall it from real time too. Konate (or whoever it is that made the challenge) got to the ball first.

I don't see how him going through Boufal on the 50/50 after constitutes a penalty. And in going through Boufal, Boufal stepped on his ankle so I get why the foul went to France.

And I wanted Morocco to win coz fuck France and fuck budget Macarons.

It was Hernandez. Don't see Boufal stepping on his ankle. I do now see that Theo got to ball first before taking out Boufal. Dunno anymore. But the yellow is weird. Did he step on him after?

Home of Barca Fans