Xavi Hernández

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would you regard someone like Wirtz as a super talent or an elite talent that's already really good? I would.

De Bruyne was a MUCH better player.

Birdy

Would you regard someone like Wirtz as a super talent or an elite talent that's already really good? I would.

De Bruyne was a MUCH better player.

Wirtz yes is a super talent.
De Bruyne was the same when playing for Wolfburg.
Racking up good numbers in Bundesliga of that time don't say all of what you think it says, as it is not equivalent to today's Bundesliga

Sane was also a super talent, Gundogan as well. Sane and Gundo could be argued to have been then as super talents as De Bruyne or slightly below, but not big difference

All of them stopped being merely super talents under Pep, they reached a whole new level

Porque

Xavi Hernández plans to liquidate his contract with Barcelona on Tuesday. A contract that united him with the Blaugrana entity until June 30, 2025. The coach, accompanied by his agent, Fernando Solanas, remains in his thirteen to leave the club without giving any problem, so he is willing to give up collecting the remaining year. But, in exchange for this concession, Xavi will demand that the rest of his staff, who leave with him, collect up to the last euro of the compensation.

---

Think it is worth giving Xavi credit for this if it turns out to be true. Means he is forfeiting his right to 12m euros.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wirtz yes is a super talent.
De Bruyne was the same when playing for Wolfburg.
Racking up good numbers in Bundesliga of that time don't say all of what you think it says, as it is not equivalent to today's Bundesliga

Sane was also a super talent, Gundogan as well. Sane and Gundo could be argued to have been then as super talents as De Bruyne or slightly below, but not big difference

All of them stopped being merely super talents under Pep, they reached a whole new level

I've already said Pep elevates players.

But he's not turning trash into diamonds.

Birdy

I've already said Pep elevates players.

But he's not turning trash into diamonds.

Who turns trash into diamonds?

Does Barca have trash? I don't think so apart from very very few exceptions
All the trash talk in threads is mostly people's frustration for the overall outcome of how the team plays.
Or people who have bought in Xavi's agenda of scape-goating the players

It's the coach developing and elevating players with already a base of talent/potential, which Xavi was clearly INCAPABLE of doing

Birdy

But, in exchange for this concession, Xavi will demand that the rest of his staff, who leave with him, collect up to the last euro of the compensation.

Xavi is right in demanding his stuff to be paid in full

They never gonna be able to find any other job in football for the rest of their lives :lol:

Porque

Xavi is right in demanding his stuff to be paid in full

They never gonna be able to find any other job in football for the rest of their lives :lol:

It's fair for them.

He renewed all of them, then quit for 4 months. Then stayed on, and then got the can 3 weeks later. :lol:

A tragic comedy.

jamrock

Silva
Gundogan
Dias

We're just talents when they came to pep? Yea okay 😂 😂 what is @Birdy talking about.

They were all internationals for their respective nations.

All already won a league championship

All already made runs and put in great performances in the C

All that before pep

companyofcules

I don't think we should care for Xavi that much. He is a legend but had no problems stepping on the fresh blood of Koeman and Messi.
I mean the club is more important after all. I don't think he is some guy needing confort from us too, he is egocentric and in his mind he is still good.
The only problem for him is his tiki-taka bias against top players. I don't think he will ever be successful except national level with that mentality.

jamrock

Xavi Hernández plans to liquidate his contract with Barcelona on Tuesday. A contract that united him with the Blaugrana entity until June 30, 2025. The coach, accompanied by his agent, Fernando Solanas, remains in his thirteen to leave the club without giving any problem, so he is willing to give up collecting the remaining year. But, in exchange for this concession, Xavi will demand that the rest of his staff, who leave with him, collect up to the last euro of the compensation.

---

Think it is worth giving Xavi credit for this if it turns out to be true. Means he is forfeiting his right to 12m euros.
He did say when it's time to leave, he don't make it a issue for Barca.

companyofcules

---

I mean he was already fine as a Barca fan. His departure as player was like this too.Him, Iniesta, Puyol were honest guys in this aspect. I don't think paying the contract is a tragedy either.

M3ls

You can evaluate Javi's work in different ways, but let's express our gratitude to him for not insisting on the monetary compensation that was due to him. This action shows that he truly loves and cares about this club. Compare this act with Mr. “President, lower the salaries of others, but don't touch Luis [Suarez] and me” who bargained 555 million euros over 4 years from the stupid Bartomeu and continues to receive money under this contract. And we will continue to pay him until 2026.

Birdy

Silva
Gundogan
Dias

We're just talents when they came to pep? Yea okay 😂 😂 what is @Birdy talking about.

They were all internationals for their respective nations.

All already won a league championship

All already made runs and put in great performances in the C

All that before pep
What are you talking about?

- winning league championship in Portugal is something big now?
- that monaco was a great team overall, and Silva was just a cog in the machine, not the main man or the one leading them
- Same for the rest, no one was what they are today

Either you can't see the past untainted by the present (that means you see things that were not there yet),
or you have to clear your head from always trying to defend Xavi and start seeing things as they are

Home of Barca Fans