Xavi Hernández

Messigician

What are you talking about?

- winning league championship in Portugal is something big now?
- that monaco was a great team overall, and Silva was just a cog in the machine, not the main man or the one leading them
- Same for the rest, no one was what they are today

Either you can't see the past untainted by the present (that means you see things that were not there yet),
or you have to clear your head from always trying to defend Xavi and start seeing things as they are
Gundogan was one of the best players at dortmund

jamrock

What are you talking about?

- winning league championship in Portugal is something big now?
- that monaco was a great team overall, and Silva was just a cog in the machine, not the main man or the one leading them
- Same for the rest, no one was what they are today

Either you can't see the past untainted by the present (that means you see things that were not there yet),
or you have to clear your head from always trying to defend Xavi and start seeing things as they are

This has nothing to do with Xavi.
This is simply you being the only man on a island, In yet another debate.

Every player I listed were class before pep and if they went to any other coach or club. Would been world class much the way they are now, would they have won less league titles? sure, but that's irrelevant to how they would develop under another coach, VVD is miles better than dias as an example.

The most you can give pep credit for, is taking a punt on gundogan after his injury.

But 90% of players at city and in peps career in general fall in 1 of two categories.

1) were already WC, Kun, Silva, eto,lahm,haaland etc
2) was clear as day top class players who would become WC no matter the club that bought them.

KDB
B.silva
Dias
Mahrez
Gundogan

Just more none sense talk from you tbh. That's too easily defeat.

Last edited:

Birdy

This has nothing to do with Xavi.
This is simply you being the only man on a island, In yet another debate.

Every player I listed were class before pep and if they went to any other coach or club. Would been world class much the way they are now, would they have won less league titles? sure, but that's irrelevant to how they would develop under another coach, VVD is miles better than dias as an example.

The most you can give pep credit for, is taking a punt on gundogan after his injury.

But 90% of players at city and in peps career in general fall in 1 of two categories.

1) were already WC, Kun, Silva, eto,lahm,haaland etc
2) was clear as day top class players who would become WC no matter the club that bought them.

KDB
B.silva
Dias
Mahrez
Gundogan

Just more none sense talk from you tbh. That's too easily defeat.

LOL :lol:
Yes, they were class, but not 'world class' nor world beaters, and saying 'was clear as day' they would become so is pure delusion.

Yes, there were some he found ready-made, but these were mainly in Barca with Eto, with Xavi, with Puyol, ALves etc. (even though he developed those as well, look at how Xavi for instance exploded under him)
and a few in Bayern (lahm, muller, etc)
At City in particular, he showed everyone that he CREATES superstars

You guys don't understand things don't happen automatically in football.
Even with Messi, who is one you can argue he would have become world class no matter what,
Pep played a big role in his development, and Messi could have arrived at his completed version under different coaches but some years later to be sure.

All this has either to do with an agenda of whitewashing Xavi,
or with an agenda of downplaying Pep's status
either of the two, you pick

PS: I don't mind being 'the only man on an island'. But if you look some pages back some people agree with me on this

jamrock

LOL :lol:
Yes, they were class, but not 'world class' nor world beaters, and saying 'was clear as day' they would become so is pure delusion.

Yes, there were some he found ready-made, but these were mainly in Barca with Eto, with Xavi, with Puyol, ALves etc. (even though he developed those as well, look at how Xavi for instance exploded under him)
and a few in Bayern (lahm, muller, etc)
At City in particular, he showed everyone that he CREATES superstars

You guys don't understand things don't happen automatically in football.
Even with Messi, who is one you can argue he would have become world class no matter what,
Pep played a big role in his development, and Messi could have arrived at his completed version under different coaches but some years later to be sure.

All this has either to do with an agenda of whitewashing Xavi,
or with an agenda of downplaying Pep's status
either of the two, you pick

PS: I don't mind being 'the only man on an island'. But if you look some pages back some people agree with me on this
Twice now you've brought up Xavi twice, when at no point did I say a word about Xavi lol.

Talk about obsessed 😂 😂.

No one ever said pep doesn't make players better, that's literally what he's know for lol.

What he does not do however is turn joe average players to WC.

Every single player he developed into WC was already universally consider top player before he coached them, the vast majority had already won league titles and performed well in the CL.

The closest players to what you're trying to give pep credit for is busquets that's it.

OMG all these clearly talented players, who were winning before pep, could only have developed into WC players without Pep.

World class players are being developed all over Europe that pep hasn't touched.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

'We were on a good way'

This dude is still on fire to coach Barca. Feel sad for him as his passion is immense, i think he would even coach barca without salary lol.

Anyways, it's good for him and for Barca to make a reset.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't see it posted in last 3 pages but just read that Xavi has forgone his salary from next season under condition that his staff will be payed full sum until summer 2025.

mc_lovin

He's right. We still managed 85 points with him under atrocious circumstances. With better refereeing the title would have been much closer as well (Real still would have won though I guess). CL campaign was very good as well, just a shame Araujo made things happen for PSG.

Flick will have a lot to live up to.

Loki

Don't see it posted in last 3 pages but just read that Xavi has forgone his salary from next season under condition that his staff will be payed full sum until summer 2025.
It's usually until they find a new job. At least it's with the coaches. No one gets payed double. But they can relax in this time and just collect Barca's paycheck of course.

Loki

'We were on a good way'

This dude is still on fire to coach Barca. Feel sad for him as his passion is immense, i think he would even coach barca without salary lol.

Anyways, it's good for him and for Barca to make a reset.
Passion is a double edged sword. It also lead him to behave unprofessionally during the matches and it also lead him to start the "resign, rethink" cycle that created just more noise. I'm sure Laporta would have allowed him to stay next season, if he had been calmer overall.

Messi983

It's what I was expecting and I'm fine with that.

Passion is a double edged sword. It also lead him to behave unprofessionally during the matches and it also lead him to start the "resign, rethink" cycle that created just more noise. I'm sure Laporta would have allowed him to stay next season, if he had been calmer overall.

Problem is Laporta reacts even more based on his current emotions than think with a cold head.

But yeah, I think Xavi's sideline behaviour will improve in another club where he'll be just an employee and not a lifelong fan of that club.

Messi983

Once he had signed his departure from the club, there was the possibility of holding a farewell press conference, but this possibility has not even been seriously considered. By neither party. Something has broken between the president, Joan Laporta, and Xavi, who were united by a relationship that even went beyond the professional. The coach believes that the two appearances, before and after facing Sevilla, already served to assess the situation.

Another legend leaving the club through back doors. Great job, Joao.

Probably better this way than seeing some fake smiles from Jan anyway.

KingLeo10

Xavi is right in demanding his stuff to be paid in full

They never gonna be able to find any other job in football for the rest of their lives :lol:
No wonder you’ve been seething about Xavi.

He didn’t hire you as part of his crew of “football data scientists”.

:lol: You’ll have to keep that unpaid gig with Edwards boyo

Home of Barca Fans