Xavi Hernández

Porque

Here is my theory (could be wrong in some points but think there is some truth there at least).

1. Xavi wanted to offload Lewy (amongst other players) in summer and admited his plans to Laporta when they were still on good terms.

2. Laporta surely knew this was almost impossible given the contract he has given to Lewy (why would he go to SA when he can earn almost same money here?) but probably still asked Pini Zahavi about a possibility of Lewy leaving. And I assume his response was something like "Lewy will play out his contract and there is nothing you can do about that. Xavi doesn't know how to use him but hey, my friend, I have a coach who can get 40 goals out of him again". Just food for thought for Laporta at that moment but...

3. Then that loss against Girona and famous Xavi's presser few days later (which I believe to be a trigger but not the most important reason why he was sacked) happened and hot-headed Laporta started to think about Pini's proposal. He admitedly liked German coaches but I think he would prefer both Nagelsmann and Tuchel over Flick. He was too late for Nagelsmann who decided to renew with Germany (could probably get him if Laporta wouldn't wait on Xavi though) and he knew Tuchel wouldn't be a yes man for him. And after Xavi was given too much power I think that's what Laporta wants now.

4. Laporta (via his brother in-law) leaked list of the players Xavi supposedly wanted to offload including Lewy which ruined relationship between those players and Xavi and made it impossible for him to continue. Obviously at that time Laporta already decided Xavi is gone.

So our beloved president is not only someone who makes important longterm decisions based on his emotional state which can change every day but what's even more worrying is I think he's highly influenced by agents like Zahavi and Mendes who are smart enough to get close to him. Maybe they pay him a good dinner and he'll do what they want, lol.

Interesting post. Laporta at the end of the day is a massive fan close to a heart attack, and it can't be healthy having to have the worst view to watch the worst Barcelona matches since Jordi Roura. Atleast Valverde had Messi to perform a few magic tricks out of his ass here and there.

So in that sense I'm sure he can think for himself and hated what Xavi was churning out for the majority of the games.

The contracts to Lewy and Roque are not on Xavi hands. But imagine the coach wanted to offload both the striker and the potential backup. And sign who exactly? :lol: Morata?

We have to be realistic and like it or not, make the most of the squad primarily.

Messi983

Xavi would probably bring someone like Morata (reportedly has a 12m clause) and also use Ferran as a striker. Possibly Guiu as well.

El Gato

Villarato!
Imagine being a manager, OKing a purchase of 34 yr old striker wishing for a Catalan holiday home and getting mad at your president because he cant sell him a year ahead of getting rid of him for free provided you don't play him

This dude is such a clown 🤡 😂

serghei

The problem is not the list. The problem is Xavi blinkered stubborn enforcement of his signings strategies.

Sell Lewy? absolutely. But not gonna fuckin happen when he doesn't want to leave and is set for a wage increase.

We couldn't force Frenkie, Dembele or anyone out so no chance Lewy goes.

The time to sell Lewy is next season by making sure he doesn't play 60% of the games thus activating his renewal. But for that the long game is giving MORE minutes starting from past season to a replacement. Be it Guiu, Roque or Oriol Romeu up front.

But going into the season demanding the sales of guys who can't be sold. Bad and frankly fuckin boneheaded stupidity making a bad relationship worse.

What are you talking about? It's the manager prerogative to propose a list of players that do not enter in his plans anymore in the preparation of next season. That's very much part of his job. The fact the list was leaked is a fuck-up by the board, probably intentional.

If it doesn't happen and Lewy wants to stay at Barcelona, no problem. Just as above, it's this time the player's prerogative to make use of his contract and stay, despite having an indication that the manager doesn't rate him anymore.

This happens all the time and it is normal. What stupidity? It was a discussion between Xavi and the board about the shaping of the squad for next season.

serghei

We have to be realistic and like it or not, make the most of the squad primarily.

That's true. For this a new manager was needed, even though the challenge for Flick is gonna be big. A large part of the friction between Xavi and Laporta was the fact that Laporta can't deliver on the player signings department. His big talk about competing with Madrid is simply a politician's speech, there's almost nothing to back it up on real terms. In reality he doesn't compete at all on the signings department.

Xavi realized this and couldn't cope with it.

jamrock

If Xavi really wanted to sell lewa, which I'm skeptical about, then that's a L for him more so than the broad.

Because if reports are to be believed, he was the one that asked for lewa and he was fully aware of his age, so a bit of long term thinking should have come into play and we/he should have tried to find a younger striker instead of buying lewa.

Because him leaving after 2 seasons was always going to be his choice, the club can't do anything about it really.

It's that or you try to trust the young striker the club brought in to be in eventually replacement.

serghei

He did work with Lewa and won a league title with him as no1 league goalscorer. Nothing wrong with changing things if you don't like how they progress. That's football.

Home of Barca Fans