Xavi Hernández

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Just make sure herr Hansi brings a La Liga soon and you can moan all you like. Better not be asking for 5 years like you do for some EPL creme de la creme. :lol:

bro to win ll next season is way more difficiult than last season

Xavi had 88 points last season so let's say Flick should get at least 85 points in his first season (el clasicos will be tough to win)

serghei

bro to win ll next season is way more difficiult than last season

Xavi had 88 points last season so let's say Flick should get at least 85 points in his first season (el clasicos will be tough to win)

He had 88 points beacause he got the title something like 4 rounds before the end of the season. His points / game average before the objective got achieved was equal to a 95 points season if you play to the last game.

Xavi got 85 points even in this bad league season.

jamrock

Let's hope for the best, hopefully he's really a tactical genius and wins up the league or maybe even a double.

Not gonna be like the Xavi haters who were wilfully rooting against him and wanted the club to lose

Last edited:

Windhook

He paid 2.5m to al sadd to break his contract,the club will pay him back.
That's still foregoing 80% of his salary owed. Which is around 10m. That's huge. Don't want to gossip about contract conditions in the previous scenario in which he was to resign at the end of season 2023/24. Xavi loves the club and leaves with dignity, but people will still argue he'd gotten 2.5m or forgave 10m as complete idiot depending on the angle you view him as a human being.

Messigician

@Birdy he betrayed Font so ended up being betrayed in the end

Live by the sword die by the sword

❗️Alejandro Echevarría, who was close to Xavi for many years, was the one who leaked Xavi's departure list to the Barcelona squad and his comments to Laporta. He betrayed the manager's trust.

— @mundodeportivo

serghei

I knew that the reason for his sacking being that press conferrence was absurd. Seems like it was plain old disagreements about the shaping of the squad for next season. That leaked info was shameful with the list that got to the players, but Barca are no strangers to dirty tactics like that.

mc_lovin

One thing is for sure, if we go with Lewy into next season as our starting 9 we are done. No way we can compete with a handicap like that.

Porque

The problem is not the list. The problem is Xavi blinkered stubborn enforcement of his signings strategies.

Sell Lewy? absolutely. But not gonna fuckin happen when he doesn't want to leave and is set for a wage increase.

We couldn't force Frenkie, Dembele or anyone out so no chance Lewy goes.

The time to sell Lewy is next season by making sure he doesn't play 60% of the games thus activating his renewal. But for that the long game is giving MORE minutes starting from past season to a replacement. Be it Guiu, Roque or Oriol Romeu up front.

But going into the season demanding the sales of guys who can't be sold. Bad and frankly fuckin boneheaded stupidity making a bad relationship worse.

Porque

Also add that I don't like the links trying to paint the perception against Xavi. But you can see the hints of the power struggle.

There's the Faye issue where the SD have suggested to give some minutes towards end of season. Xavi called him up to a few fixtures, had some matches where the result was solved and yet, still refused to give Faye an appearance. These are the type of decisions which is going to rightly infuriate the directive.

Messi983

Here is my theory (could be wrong in some points but think there is some truth there at least).

1. Xavi wanted to offload Lewy (amongst other players) in summer and admited his plans to Laporta when they were still on good terms.

2. Laporta surely knew this was almost impossible given the contract he has given to Lewy (why would he go to SA when he can earn almost same money here?) but probably still asked Pini Zahavi about a possibility of Lewy leaving. And I assume his response was something like "Lewy will play out his contract and there is nothing you can do about that. Xavi doesn't know how to use him but hey, my friend, I have a coach who can get 40 goals out of him again". Just food for thought for Laporta at that moment but...

3. Then that loss against Girona and famous Xavi's presser few days later (which I believe to be a trigger but not the most important reason why he was sacked) happened and hot-headed Laporta started to think about Pini's proposal. He admitedly liked German coaches but I think he would prefer both Nagelsmann and Tuchel over Flick. He was too late for Nagelsmann who decided to renew with Germany (could probably get him if Laporta wouldn't wait on Xavi though) and he knew Tuchel wouldn't be a yes man for him. And after Xavi was given too much power I think that's what Laporta wants now.

4. Laporta (via his brother in-law) leaked list of the players Xavi supposedly wanted to offload including Lewy which ruined relationship between those players and Xavi and made it impossible for him to continue. Obviously at that time Laporta already decided Xavi is gone.

So our beloved president is not only someone who makes important longterm decisions based on his emotional state which can change every day but what's even more worrying is I think he's highly influenced by agents like Zahavi and Mendes who are smart enough to get close to him. Maybe they pay him a good dinner and he'll do what they want, lol.

Home of Barca Fans