Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinBarcelonafan

I think Xavi is wise enough to play certain way with certain players and a team. I assume we are not playing anything close to what he wishes yet. Probably have wrong players for his plan too. Summer will give us more signs how he wants to build this team imo. Now we signed whoever we could or were available. Summer way more possibilities.

And hopefully he won't just copy tikitaka but make some sort of modern version, from his own mind.

xXKonan

One of the biggest issues with the defense is we are having issues dealing with rebound shots/lose balls in the box.

Alba/Dest/Alves aren't good at prevent crosses going into the box, which leaves Araujo and Pique/Garcia to try and head it away. Stegen cannot handle crossing very well and we have seen it to many times where we have a loose ball in the box and the CB's and Busi/FDJ or anyone in the area just stand there and not react leaving the other team to get a shot off.

A lot of work needs to be done in that area.

Nucky

I think Xavi is wise enough to play certain way with certain players and a team. I assume we are not playing anything close to what he wishes yet. Probably have wrong players for his plan too. Summer will give us more signs how he wants to build this team imo. Now we signed whoever we could or were available. Summer way more possibilities.

And hopefully he won't just copy tikitaka but make some sort of modern version, from his own mind.

I agree here.. Probably far from what Xavi wants but can't with the team he has.. Thats why Pep changed almost entire team in Man City, to get the players he needed for his style of play and is doing a great job at City.. I feel Xavi is the same but Xavi doesn't had billion budget like Pep does.. Xavi needs time, progress is seen in these 3 months but there is still a lot of room for progress..

utility73

Frenkie de Jong: "Sometimes I meet with Xavi in his office and he shows me video clips of my games, where he explains how he sees it and what I can do to improve. We watch clips of how you position yourself and what you can do best in certain situations" :dance:

Bet Koeman didn't do things like that with players.

Koeman probably just handed out vouchers for McDonalds.

Gari

Xavi has established a new initiative in recent weeks, which encourages players to go to the training facilities to carry out voluntary training. This is not an obligation, but some footballers who are a little behind in their physical preparation are advised to attend. [as]
He got down to business seriously.

Andresito

Staff member
"Hopefully Nico, Pedri and Gavi can give us more joys and go beyond what Busquets, Iniesta and I have done.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans