Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Amazing thing about how we are playing right now is everyone has their own clear job, nobody is carrying more than another. Nobody is hogging the ball or 'carrying' the team, but everyone has their own role to execute and together it makes a collectively simple, but great football.

Very true.
It is that ability to play team football that is enjoyable and making us win again.

:lol::lol: If he's dropping 4 goals each over 4 tough games like AM, Valencia, Napoli, and Bilbao with good but not amazing forwards like Auba, Torres, and Adama...what would this guy do with a Mbappe/Haaland and a strong defense. The midfield is set.

Those players forces teams to amend to their style and that at time can be costly.
Seems like we are building around midfield and fullbacks rather than great attackers, though both could be great fit to current team.

FinBarcelonafan

The most clearly change and what I appreciate the most with what he brought his the physical stamina and the constant pressing we are doing through the match

This last year in our best performance it was power off starting 60 min

True. This team lacked proper conditioning for years. Koeman tried to fix it too, but still wasn't in this level.

KingLeo10

Best of all, a revamped Barcelona that looks competitive and modern is a much bigger sales pitch for elite talent such as Haaland/Mbappe (even though Mbappe's interest is RM) than just finances.

If we had Ansu fit, this is a top 10 team in the world again. Yes, it's towards the bottom 10 but it's above Europa level without question.

freetocan

Word. Now it's not the time to get complacent, since for normal Barca standards the objectives are winning the league and competing for CL. Both of which were gone very fast into the season, for various reasons.

If we start to play like shit, with some boring, slow football again, the signs would be very bad.

The only ones playing like crap atm from the main players are Stegen and Garcia. Everybody else has upped their level. We need to monitor these players constantly, because if you consistently play like crap, it is a clear sign you're not up to the task and need to be moved on.

If Xavi is to become a great manager, he can talk what he wants in the media. But if some players aren't improving, they need to go and be replaced. Without any discussions.

I would add beside ter Steven and Garcia, this new costly addition Ferran Torres. Today I clear monitored him the time he played, approx 70 min and he really did nothing. He tried two times to dribble one time in each half and failed in both attempts. The rest of passing he got he just slow down the Rita passing back, not saying that he had a good chance to score from a very favourable position and failed. The only positive thing for this guy in approx. entire game is his assist to Gavi, pass in 16 m box and Gavi shot over cross bar. That's it from a player who cost Barca 60 mil Euro.
Sorry, but I personally do not see anything good from this guy at least for now. Hope he will improve later.

iniestaGOAT

I would add beside ter Steven and Garcia, this new costly addition Ferran Torres. Today I clear monitored him the time he played, approx 70 min and he really did nothing. He tried two times to dribble one time in each half and failed in both attempts. The rest of passing he got he just slow down the Rita passing back, not saying that he had a good chance to score from a very favourable position and failed. The only positive thing for this guy in approx. entire game is his assist to Gavi, pass in 16 m box and Gavi shot over cross bar. That's it from a player who cost Barca 60 mil Euro.
Sorry, but I personally do not see anything good from this guy at least for now. Hope he will improve later.

Sorry bro you have proven you know nothing about football with your post

Vladinho

Please try to remember these moments when things won't go our way (because things won't always go our way) and the positive effect Xavi has had and will continue to have on the team. Don't turn on this man at the first bad result. I know this is a trend here

freetocan

Sorry bro you have proven you know nothing about football with your post

As I respect everybody's opinion on this forum, when somebody replies like that it tells me a lot about his education beside the fact that that person might be knowing even less football that I know. Some people truly believe that know more than others, what is absolutely fine, but the way you express your opinion should be in a nice way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans