Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

I'm not that worried about Mbappe if we make great moves as well to compete. Mbappe still lost the league to fecking Lille. OK, Madrid is anything but Lille, but a player can only impact so much if the team ain't doing well.

KingLeo10

I'm not that worried about Mbappe if we make great moves as well to compete. Mbappe still lost the league to fecking Lille. OK, Madrid is anything but Lille, but a player can only impact so much if the team ain't doing well.

In general, Mbappe and Haaland will almost certainly not reach the dominance of Messi and CR7 at their best (partly due to being lower quality themselves and partly because Messi and CR7 had a roster of all time great teammates and managers).

Andresito

Staff member
Trophy wise will be hard for Haaland and Mbappe, but goal wise they'll be at the very top.

Not sure how many goals they have compared to Messi and CR at same age, but would guess very close or maybe even more. They'll keep pumping in goals in CL and league consistently until they retire.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Trophy wise will be hard for Haaland and Mbappe, but goal wise they'll be at the very top.

Not sure how many goals they have compared to Messi and CR at same age, but would guess very close or maybe even more. They'll keep pumping in goals in CL and league consistently until they retire.

hitting those numbers for 10 years is the real task but i also doubt they will get teams which are as strong as barca and Real were

Joan

Most new generations these days manage to outdo their idols. I expect Mbappe (and Haaland if he stays fit) to score as much as Leo and Ronnie did. If not more.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Most new generations these days manage to outdo their idols. I expect Mbappe (and Haaland if he stays fit) to score as much as Leo and Ronnie did. If not more.

What made Messi and CR7 special is their consistency. Mbappe and Haaland might reach their heights goalscoring wise but can they do it for 10+ years? I have my doubts.

Other players have also had a season or multiple ridiculous goalscoring seasons but no one have matched their consistency. It's unprecedented in football really.

Last edited:

serghei

Xavi is a solid 8/10 so far.

I'd say he's on par with Lucho. Next 18 months will be decisive for Xavi and us as well. We can stall, or we can build the next step, which will be pretty awesome in such a short time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Won't be too happy about the guys punting the ball forward at the end instead of trying to keep the ball and control the game till it ends.

Rory

Won't be too happy about the guys punting the ball forward at the end instead of trying to keep the ball and control the game till it ends.

Got to wonder if they thought the whistle would finally be blown if they just hoofed it up. Ref played over a minute extra

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Good subs and game management today after a bad starting 11.

I think most agree that playing two ancient fullbacks at once makes us too fragile defensively. When Alba starts, Dest should play at RB. When Alves starts, Dest should play at LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans