Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
I said it before, Xavi can be an excellent coach for us after a few years not now, not while the amigos are still ruling the club.

Gallardo or Ten Hag would have been better hiring if they do have the backing of Laporta to exercise political power over any player.

Calma. As soon as Xavi got a few mediocre results you repeatedly stated Xavi should never have gotten job until after a few years, claiming how Gallardo and Ten Hag were your picks. Should have defended him during rocky-January. Had things not turned around we prolly never would have seen you on forums again. Too much flipflopping. You lost your right to a W.

Ah I see Jamdav already pulled up that comment just before me.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Still rating Puig as anything other than a circus clown disqualifies one from having any credible football takes :lol:

Georgie in denial.

He was still thinking Xavi was holding back Puig in January to play against Real Madrid in Super Cup I shit you not.

Then claimed Xavi was not right man for job and Dembele should be in stands etc.

Vanishes for two months then comes back claiming he was Xavis biggest fan and after game likes of Dembele starred in.

Guy is a numpty.

xXKonan

While it's true Xavi did get Alves, Ferran,Auba, and Adama, Xavi however has done a great job getting the rest of the team back up to scratch and performing much better than they have been under Koeman. Sure we still have work to do in the Market, but it seems like maybe the team wasn't as fucking awful as Koeman tried to make it out.

I have a lot of respect for Koeman still, dude is a Barca legend and I'm happy he gave the likes of Nico, Gavi, Pedri etc a chance even if Barca was too big of a team for him to manage.

Iniesta Ultra

I knew Xavi was the answer too as he had comprehensive vision as a player although I had no idea he'd play favorites. Some of his recent success also comes from opponents not playing well either.

Horatio

You're welcome
While it's true Xavi did get Alves, Ferran,Auba, and Adama, Xavi however has done a great job getting the rest of the team back up to scratch and performing much better than they have been under Koeman. Sure we still have work to do in the Market, but it seems like maybe the team wasn't as fucking awful as Koeman tried to make it out.

I think the idea that almost everyone improved under Xavi is a bit exaggerated.

-Gavi and Nico were newbies to the team under Koeman, so understandable that with more time and guidance they are likely to improve
-Pedri was injured for a long spell
-Busquets seems better but mostly because other MF players are doing a better job and taking defensive pressure off of him.
-Ter Stegen is same to me still. Defense is doing a better job so is getting tested less. Have to wait and see if he is going to do a better job
-Araujo has steadily improving.
-Pique has changed things around drastically and Dest in defense department has improved(but sacrificed a bit of offensiveness).
-And yes Frenkie also looking better.
-Mingueza and Puig sidelined from the get-go by Xavi, maybe what Koeman should have done was do same to Mingueza from start of season.

But Xavi is keeping things simple, found better roles for some players and is a great motivation. Stellar job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans