Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Pretty sure it started with Koeman. No way you fix condition like that in such a short period of time.

Improvement of pressing also started under Koeman but team still not in condition to hold out 90 min.

Koeman did good things in this area for sure. One of his stronger traits. His problem was that he was conservative and limited tactically, whereas Xavi is modern, bold, and has a lot of knowledge about positional football since he is probably Mr. Pass & Move. If he can't teach midfielders the art of passing, placement, and off-the-ball movement no one can.

Horatio

You're welcome
Koeman did good things in this area for sure. One of his stronger traits. His problem was that he was conservative and limited tactically, whereas Xavi is modern, bold, and has a lot of knowledge about positional football since he is probably Mr. Pass & Move. If he can't teach midfielders the art of passing, placement, and off-the-ball movement patterns no one can.

Xavi became bold since the new transfers. Xavi also played 3-5-1 in January and did not always look too great and Xavi plays mostly same players Koeman did. I do think positional play improved under him and those automatism Xavi mentioned.
Also he is a fresh wind that was needed and of course many players respect him greatly and was able to motivate them.

I fully support him but double standards and revisionism still at play at times. All is good though. I am happy where we are heading.

serghei

Xavi became bold since the new transfers. Xavi also played 3-5-1 in January and did not always look too great and Xavi plays mostly same players Koeman did. I do think positional play improved under him and those automatism Xavi mentioned.
Also he is a fresh wind that was needed and of course many players respect him greatly and was able to motivate them.

I fully support him but double standards and revisionism still at play at times. All is good though. I am happy where we are heading.

You really think the difference between Xavi and Koeman are some new transfers? Come on... That's like saying Leonardo DiCaprio is only a better actor than Ryan Reynolds because he got to work with better directors.

Xavi got far better results than Koeman with the same players this season. Even drew with Sevilla away, dominating them while starting with Jutgla and Abde.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
You really think the difference between Xavi and Koeman are some new transfers? Come on... That's like saying Leonardo DiCaprio is only a better actor than Ryan Reynolds because he got to work with better directors.

I just listed other things that Xavi is doing well and change in coach at times made sense.

Wambo

Xavi needs to find a 24-28 y.o. striker for the next season. Obamayoung will be 33 this year and isn't going to lead the team to any success. He could be used as a super-sub tho.

We need the next great number 9 in the likes of Eto'o, Villa, Suarez.

serghei

I just listed other things that Xavi is doing well and change in coach at times made sense.

So where is revisionism then? We simply got a better manager and this is the main reason why the team has been improving. I'm not saying we would have beaten Madrid 4-0 with Jutgla and Abde starting, but Koeman got the team to 10th place. The players were much better even before the new signings than the 10th place he had them on at the time.

A better manager makes even a crap team play better. Prior to the signings, we were a 4th placed team that Koeman had on 10th due to mainly poor management and a destructive attitude. We were certainly much better than Rayo for instance, but Koeman had us well behind them. Now under Xavi, we are a potentially league-winning team currently, but too far back due to the horrible start under Koeman.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
So where is revisionism then? We simply got a better manager and this is the main reason why the team has been improving. I'm not saying we would have beaten Madrid 4-0 with Jutgla and Abde starting, but Koeman got the team to 10th place. The players were much better even before the new signings than the 10th place he had them on.

Contributing every improvement to Xavi even though was work in progress with Koeman is the revisionism.

Also delusional to think Koeman would not have have gotten way more points with this attack.

serghei

Contributing every improvement to Xavi even though was work in progress with Koeman is the revisionism.

Also delusional to think Koeman would not have have gotten way more points with this attack.

That's not really true. Check out the player sections, everybody is praising their development. Koeman would have gotten more points with this attack. But he should have gotten way more points with the poorer one too.

Horatio

You're welcome
That's not really true. Check out the player sections, everybody is praising their development.

What's not really true?

Yes I know Xavi is doing a great job. I have defended him against your criticism at times. I am talking about things people start to make up in order to contribute every single improvement to Xavi. Too romantic imo.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Pre-transfer-window barca was crap and some guys wanted Xavi to leave barca but he deserves credits for the transformation with his new players, barca playing completely different now.

serghei

What's not really true?

Yes I know Xavi is doing a great job. I have defended him against your criticism at times. I am talking about things people start to make up in order to contribute every single improvement to Xavi. Too romantic imo.

It's not true because it's not only Xavi that is getting praise. Laporta is getting praise, players are getting praise, the technical staff with Alemany is getting praise for getting good deals done in timely fashion and so on.

Pre-transfer-window barca was crap and some guys wanted Xavi to leave barca but he deserves credits for the transformation with his new players, barca playing completely different now.

That's the whole point. Xavi got a very good return of points in those circumstances as well. Think about it, he only lost one game, while having tough away games like Villareal and Sevilla.

Part of why we have recovered so well in the league is because we managed to win 4 points from Villareal and Sevilla away, among others. We suffered but got the wins to get us back in the race, and now we're pulling in front.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
It's not true because it's not only Xavi that is getting praise. Laporta is getting praise, players are getting praise, the technical staff with Alemany is getting praise for getting good deals done in timely fashion and so on.

That's the whole point. Xavi got a very good return of points in those circumstances as well. Think about it, he only lost one game, while having tough away games like Villareal and Sevilla.

Part of why we have recovered so well in the league is because we managed to win 4 points from Villareal and Sevilla away. We suffered, but got the wins to get us back in the race, and now we're pulling in front.

ok bro

Windhook

Xavi getting praise from almost every other football forum. Teams are jelly of Xavi, but they are sad Barca is back. (Jelly too!).

I had the same feedback from Barca-hater friends, they were glad a club legend in Xavi is back while Barca were poor and helpless. Now we are back as threat most of them are silent.

FinBarcelonafan

I had the same feedback from Barca-hater friends, they were glad a club legend in Xavi is back while Barca were poor and helpless. Now we are back as threat most of them are silent.

And people are impressed by the signings and how Barca (Laporta and Alonomey(whatever name) turned it around so quickly without penny in pocket. Maybe Laporta is the savior again? He needs a statue if he does it again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans