Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

It's a shame we couldn't remain in CL during winter. I believe we could win it all with Xaviball.

Have to disagree. We still have weaknesses that would haunt us at the CL SF and final level...MATS, Busquets, Pique, Alba.

We're a CL QF to maybe a CL SF team right now. Pool, Bayern, and City clearly superior. RM 50/50.

FCBfan22

IMO our only aeakness atm is MATS. How Xavi as covered Busquets' shortcomings with FDJ is remarkable. Same with Piqueand Araujo.

KingLeo10

IMO our only aeakness atm is MATS. How Xavi as covered Busquets' shortcomings with FDJ is remarkable. Same with Piqueand Araujo.

Well, I see your point. But we also haven't had those "covered shortcomings" truly tested aside from v RM, AM, and Sevilla. Good teams but not the best of the best.

I still think a high octane team like Pool or City would really trouble the old legs of Pique and Busquets.

malvolio

I wouldn't be confident in winning a CL with Ferran - Auba - Dembele as front three. Also we have problems at RB. Not to mention some players lacking experience at that level.

Xaviball wouldn't have won a game vs PSG with Mbappe in red hot form. City, Bayern, Pool even Real(in CL) are different gravy.

mc_lovin

Not sure Pique and Busquets were ever the weaknesses we made them out to be. Since we added verticality with Auba and Torres we don't get pressed to death anymore and literally all our players look much, much better.

Would love to see us vs Bayern/Pool now to see where we stand. It's impossible to say right now. City would be a low-scoring game most likely, which I woudln't expect us to win, but it wouldn't be a massacre. They aren't unforgiving like Bayern/Pool.

All teams have major weaknesses as well. Not just us.

serghei

I wouldn't be confident in winning a CL with Ferran - Auba - Dembele as front three. Also we have problems at RB. Not to mention some players lacking experience at that level.

Xaviball wouldn't have won a game vs PSG with Mbappe in red hot form. City, Bayern, Pool even Real(in CL) are different gravy.

The Chelsea trio from last year ain't that much better IMO. But yeah, would have needed major luck to win it with this squad or some majestic performances from midfield and Xavi. Not happening so quickly.

We're getting ahead of ourselves. We haven't proven much to be rated as top 4-5. It's all potential atm.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Barca sides of last 3/4 years would get demolished by those top CL teams in way current side wouldnt.

Dembele/Auba/Ferran would cause problems to any of them.

Defensively would be the bigger issue.

Can see with game against Madrid how much pace/workrate and movement to team there is and how they play as a unit.

freetocan

Watching Barca at Eintracht Uefa game. Not sure what Ferran Torres is plying. He is outside of game. Hope Xavi already saw it and replace him at break time.
Torres just delay the passes and always play pass back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans