Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

How come he finished 4th last year behind United? What about his first two Liverpool seasons? I just know guys like yourself would have hounded him out if he had similar first years at Barcelona.

People just expect way, way too much from Xavi right now. Get your expectations in order and let him work. He deserves time, we had a brilliant run to secure 2nd, something that seemed impossible a few months ago.

Recruitment is our biggest challenge now and it's ridiculous to whine about it already. Alemany did wonders in Winter as a friendly reminder.

yeah judging Xavi now is too early, every coach needs time to adapt his tactics to his players (except Pep maybe :p). Im excited to see what Xavi will show us next season and then we can say if he was successful or not.

Porque

Klopp made the Europa League final in his first season. Qualified for the CL in the next and made the final the year after. Turning point selling Coutinho and investing in defensive world class talent- while we would sell FdJ (rumour) and re-invest in an aging striker.

Xavi's Barca blew the EL vs Frankfurt while LaLiga is easier. But hey, I'm all for a CL final in 2 seasons. We don't usually lose those when we get there.

FinBarcelonafan

Klopp made the Europa League final in his first season. Qualified for the CL in the next and made the final the year after. Turning point selling Coutinho and investing in defensive world class talent- while we would sell FdJ (rumour) and re-invest in an aging striker.

Xavi's Barca blew the EL vs Frankfurt while LaLiga is easier. But hey, I'm all for a CL final in 2 seasons. We don't usually lose those when we get there.

LaLiga ain't any easier. Barca is probably built better to match LaLiga teams than EL or CL but it ain't easier.

Barcas style fit better LaLiga. Now we need to change players to do better in Europe.

We just need quicker/stronger players.

Porque

LaLiga ain't any easier. Barca is probably built better to match LaLiga teams than EL or CL but it ain't easier.

Barcas style fit better LaLiga. Now we need to change players to do better in Europe.

We just need quicker/stronger players.

To be fair I can't remember much of the EPL quality in 2015/2016 nor Liverpools bar the Europa League Semi's and Final. I would assume that relative to the squad that Klopp inherited compared to Xavi post winter market, that we are better in comparison to the rest of the league sides.

iniestaGOAT

To be fair I can't remember much of the EPL quality in 2015/2016 nor Liverpools bar the Europa League Semi's and Final. I would assume that relative to the squad that Klopp inherited compared to Xavi post winter market, that we are better in comparison to the rest of the league sides.

No chance. Xavi inherited ez abde and who ever were playing during that time. That's worst of the worst in la Liga.

Klopp had prime Coutinho

FinBarcelonafan

Barca's biggest weaknesses are the strengths of teams from leagues like EPL, Bundesleague, and partly maybe French league.

Any team with quick/fast/strong players with a bit of skill is a nightmare for Barca.

Especially quick attackers give us a lot of pain, because slow backline.

Last edited:

Gari

More because the back line is high. Due to the style of play and constant possession of the ball, the entire defensive line is played poorly in the team. That is, 4-4-2 has never been a full-fledged 4-4-2, with two lines of defense. 2 defenders who will have time to come running and Stegen. With such protection, it is difficult to win matches.

FinBarcelonafan

More because the back line is high. Due to the style of play and constant possession of the ball, the entire defensive line is played poorly in the team. That is, 4-4-2 has never been a full-fledged 4-4-2, with two lines of defense. 2 defenders who will have time to come running and Stegen. With such protection, it is difficult to win matches.

Backline in general way too weak and slow

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How come he finished 4th last year behind United? What about his first two Liverpool seasons? I just know guys like yourself would have hounded him out if he had similar first years at Barcelona.

People just expect way, way too much from Xavi right now. Get your expectations in order and let him work. He deserves time, we had a brilliant run to secure 2nd, something that seemed impossible a few months ago.

Recruitment is our biggest challenge now and it's ridiculous to whine about it already. Alemany did wonders in Winter as a friendly reminder.

One thing Klopp did was to start moving on from players from his first year. Let's see if Xavi does the same.

Because it won't matter if Xavi gets two or three years if he/we don't start the rebuilding process for real. There's no excuse anymore. Messi is not here.

And I hope we don't add multiple 30+ players as a replacement for 30+ players....

fergus90

Klopp made both the League cup final and the EL final in his first year to be fair. Plus already had the reputation of winning Bundesliga x2 and CL final with Dortmund, so I guess there is always more patience and faith when someone who has proved themselves steps into another job.

When it's the unknown, sometimes fans are quick to judge someone not good enough. I think Xavi's choices over the next two windows will give strong indication of how long he lasts. Because trusting the same losers will not yield any different results in their mid 30's that's for certain.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Alot of good posts here. Yes, we need to move on from amigos. These guys have not w anything in Europe since 2015!
Yes, we need stronger and quicker players ESPECIALLY since we want to play a high line. Playing a high line in Europe with the old turtles we have us footballing suicide. We've always had problems against European teams that have a solid defense and quick forwards. ALWAYS. I don't even know we play a high block against them especially with such old legs. It's time to change the script in Europe. What's the use of winning ten league titles in a row if you continuously flop in Europe?
I'd like to see us tweak our style in Europe and get stronger,quicker players. Doesn't mean we abandon our style, just modify it.
Every Barca fan I meet has a gripe about our lack of CL success.

iniestaGOAT

Alot of good posts here. Yes, we need to move on from amigos. These guys have not w anything in Europe since 2015!
Yes, we need stronger and quicker players ESPECIALLY since we want to play a high line. Playing a high line in Europe with the old turtles we have us footballing suicide. We've always had problems against European teams that have a solid defense and quick forwards. ALWAYS. I don't even know we play a high block against them especially with such old legs. It's time to change the script in Europe. What's the use of winning ten league titles in a row if you continuously flop in Europe?
I'd like to see us tweak our style in Europe and get stronger,quicker players. Doesn't mean we abandon our style, just modify it.
Every Barca fan I meet has a gripe about our lack of CL success.

Nah man we need to get back to challenging for the league title first. Europe is a long way away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans