Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Xavi chose to sign Torres when he had tens of millions available.

To make out that is some kind of restricted choice is nonsense. He pushed hard for him as a players he very much wanted.

They were lucky enough City would structure deal to make it happen after that... probably City hoping Barca have a debt they cant pay and can try for a FDJ/Pedri due to it though.

I already said that was the only choice he made that wasn't dictated by the club's finances being shit. Don't know what more you want. That's one. One player doesn't make a team. You need 5-6 Ferrans on several positions.

From DM down, that is DM + almost whole back 4 + Stegen, the only player that is for sure starter material near the level of the top 3-4 teams is Araujo. And even he still has a lot to learn on the ball and in terms of positioning. I still hold some hope for Dest but it's not looking all that great so far between injuries and inconsistency in form.

Last edited:

serghei

The current team the way it is guarantees a top 3 finish in Spain with a good manager. Maybe top 2 and a title push if Madrid isn't great next season. Beyond that, you need more. For CL challenge A LOT more.

Windhook

I'm sure with this squad Barca are to finish in top 3 in La Liga despite the inferior bench. Can't remember when was the last time the likes of Puig or Braithwaite were given playing minutes...

The team struggles defensively when Araujo or Pique are out of action, it's a fact.

serghei

I'm sure with this squad Barca are to finish in top 3 in La Liga despite the inferior bench. Can't remember when was the last time the likes of Puig or Braithwaite were given playing minutes...

True. Sevilla, Betis, Sociedad are no match even for this inferior Barca. Top 3 in Spain is pretty much a given bar some disaster class from players and the manager. I think we'll challenge for La Liga next season until the end if we replace Dembele and Fati stays fit.

JamDav1982

A calm summer where Xavi can get his ideas in place fully and improve on tactics seen the last few games and Barca should be up there.

The standard of La Liga is poor. A Good side should win a lot of games and be up there not far from Real even if dont challenge all that closely.

freetocan

I already said that was the only choice he made that wasn't dictated by the club's finances being shit. Don't know what more you want. That's one. One player doesn't make a team. You need 5-6 Ferrans on several positions.

From DM down, that is DM + almost whole back 4 + Stegen, the only player that is for sure starter material near the level of the top 3-4 teams is Araujo. And even he still has a lot to learn on the ball and in terms of positioning. I still hold some hope for Dest but it's not looking all that great so far between injuries and inconsistency in form.

Thanks God that there is one Ferran Torres only and he does not have a brother footballer. If we would have 2-3 like him in the team, we would fight to avoid relegation.
It would be interesting to see a brief list with the qualities of this exceptional player. What is he good at?
- not very speedy;
- not a strong shot;
- does NOT know to dribble, always pass back, instead trying to create any danger on his side ( like Dembele for ex, not comparing him with Vinicius Jr or Rodrigo Goes);
- mediocre in head play,
- etc.
Maybe I am seeing a different player instead of him even so my eye glasses are clean enough....
Sorry if I hurt somebody but that is my opinion. A footballer in the range of $15 mil not $55 mil.

jamrock

Torres definitely wouldn't be doing better than Diaz for Liverpool than Diaz has been, nor is he better for us than diaz would be if we had gotten Diaz instead, because Diaz is simply a significantly better football player.

To say Torres would be playing better for Liverpool than he is for us, is not the measuring stick & just away to use words to make a point.

Diaz would be better than torres in any team, any setup, no level of function.

Torres was a half decent market opportunity that we overpaid for, but we are broke & city helped with how the structured the deal.

freetocan

Torres definitely wouldn't be doing better than Diaz for Liverpool than Diaz has been, nor is he better for us than diaz would be if we had gotten Diaz instead, because Diaz is simply a significantly better football player.

To say Torres would be playing better for Liverpool than he is for us, is not the measuring stick & just away to use words to make a point.

Diaz would be better than torres in any team, any setup, no level of function.

Torres was a half decent market opportunity that we overpaid for, but we are broke & city helped with how the structured the deal.

Completely true. No doubt about that.

freetocan

Torres has the same level as Depay. Both these so called footballers do not bring any value to the team. Look at both when they get a ball. Their first task is to pass it back asap to the closest team player as they are afraid to loose it. They Do not try to create anything useful for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans