Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailor Mars

The problems start from the top.

The front 3 is 100 yards apart. In a 433 it is impossible to play like this, the CF is isolated against the entire backline and with no AM the wingers can do nothing but pass back, an endless cycle as the wingers will never be able to combine with Auba. Teams are not at all bothered if we want to spam crosses to Auba who is 1v2 or 1v3. Rayo's defense today had numerical superiority at ALL times.

That is on the tactics by Xavi. He has the players positioning themselves in specific areas of the pitch. Leads to team looking disjointed and out of ideas.

ajnotkeith

That is on the tactics by Xavi. He has the players positioning themselves in specific areas of the pitch. Leads to team looking disjointed and out of ideas.
Yes, it is the most rigid structure I have ever seen in any top club. Wingers holding width at all times and pretty much never leaving the touchline. His idea is probably that it ensures we have options everywhere on the field but it does precisely the opposite - the opponents adjust and ensure THEY have more numbers in every 'zone', because we are so predictable.

Rassvet

Yes, it is the most rigid structure I have ever seen in any top club. Wingers holding width at all times and pretty much never leaving the touchline. His idea is probably that it ensures we have options everywhere on the field but it does precisely the opposite - the opponents adjust and ensure THEY have more numbers in every 'zone', because we are so predictable.

That sounds like how Henry described playing in Pep’s philosophy back in 2009. I think Pep has evolved and adapted more since then though.

delancey

Funny how teams park their buses on our wings now knowing that in our build up play there?s a 99.9 % chance that the ball will make its way out there. 😂

Would be nice to see our wingers move inwards more often when we attack from the center of the pitch, which we should be doing, but sadly seldom do.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Need to sign a LB and RB who can get forward and be good and stop this wide wingers BS.

It might work if you got the right players, but we've not even gotten close to what's required.

soul24rage

Yeah, we just do not have the right personnel to play the wide winger 433 (with the exception of Dembele).

It's good that Xavi knows how he wants to play but, for this season only, he needs to adapt to the players rather than the other way around.

Iniesta Ultra

The way we play in possession now can only be described as some odd zonal attacking system where each player is isolated on their own islands. Eventually the ball is funnelled to the flanks and predictable crosses are put into the box where the CF is tasked to beat 3 defenders in the air.

Spot on description. This system is so regressive there's no room for even pretense of belief. Appears Xavi's treating the players their skill level's below Cadiz and Rayo, I don't see how it can't be considered insulting. Obviously Xavi has to change something now but if the next system's also based on no-faith how can there be any success. It's a terrible self reinforcing feedback loop because the players don't look confident and how can they when one of our GOAT players is managing them this way.

One of the commentators said Barca's never lost three home matches in a row before, and to do it with these opponents.

Xavi needs to step down
I dont expect us to win champions league with the swuad we have, but there is no excuse to not beat these farmer teams.
Its obvious Xavi will fail like I predicted from the beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans