Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joan

We probably take 4 points against Inter with normal refereeing and at least half of our defense fit.

Not saying Xavi is for sure a good option, time will tell, but these 2 games are hardly a good indicator.

We will draw the line at the end of the season.

Tough luck we faced a Mourinho led Inter with Etoo upfront. Or did we?

kattanib

Barca has always played with a 3 midfield + 1 .. Messi drops back

Today we are playing with two wingers, we have never done that and its stupid. Our core is to control the midfield and Xavi is not doing that

Maybe if he was a Barca player and a midfielder back in the days he would have understood that. Maybe if he played under Pep he would have understood that as well. Oh wait, he did.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
surprised no one is talking about laporta. back to back EL relegation is the worst record since the gaspar days.

Well, he did what he could but I guess he also shares the blame of trusting Xavi and getting him the players he wanted like Ferran Torres.

Other than that, not sure how much of a blame you can pin it on Laporta. And this is from me the resident Laporta critic...

ajnotkeith

Well, he did what he could but I guess he also shares the blame of trusting Xavi and getting him the players he wanted like Ferran Torres.

Other than that, not sure how much of a blame you can pin it on Laporta. And this is from me the resident Laporta critic...

Should have hired an interim if a qualified choice was not available.

Going with a manager who has never managed before other than Al Sadd, it was quite predictable what would happen.

serghei

Tough luck we faced a Mourinho led Inter with Etoo upfront. Or did we?

The one we faced is still better than us at this point looking at the two teams on the field.

I take Dumfries over Alonso, Skriniar over Pique and so on. Probably Barella over Gavi ar this point, Lautaro over Dembele.

malvolio

getting rid of messi, not sacking koeman before he fucked up in EL, got xavi(his decision not mine) who relegated us again to EL. all decisions that got us here.

Joan

Laporta had a good instinct when he didn't want Xavi. One of the reasons I fancied him for the job.

Shame he gave in and brought Xavi from Qatar.

JamDav1982

What do you blame the president for if it is not the performance of coach and players?

Every other president lives and dies by that and Barca have just come off a summer when the whole argument for 25 years of Barca being at a financial disadvantage is that need to be competitive now.

If the right coach and players are not in place to achieve that then it is on the president and the board.

matbezlima

Missing players set us back for sure but the way we played, the way Xavi coached, even with the full squad I suspect the outcome will be that different.

It is not even about the result any more, of course we will be happy if we manage to win something, La Liga or the EL. The way we play is terrible most of the time, in general. Xavi isn't making any improvement and he is just prolonging our stagnation.

This is just not true. The football under Xavi has been great in most games, including the current season.

Everyone wanted Arteta fired last season, specially after Arsenal's embarassing start, but they are now being rewarded for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans