Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard.H

Fuck Laporta. This Catalan romanticism 8s destroying the club.

I have to agree. It's like the club has been living in the past since Pep left. Pep's system worked mainly because we had once in a lifetime talents all playing together and gelling well (when would you ever see that midfield trio with prime Messi-like player ever again?). It feels like the club has been buying players in the hopes of replicating that style but fail to understand that it takes a ONCE IN A LIFETIME talents to do it.

The romanticism of that era has destroyed this club and led to some horrible transfers.

Even currently with Pedri and Gavi, they are hyped so much to be next Iniesta and Pep Guardiola/or Luis Enrique. They will be great players in their own right but the hype they get is ridiculous.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We probably take 4 points against Inter with normal refereeing and at least half of our defense fit.

Not saying Xavi is for sure a good option, time will tell, but these 2 games are hardly a good indicator.

We will draw the line at the end of the season.

A good coach job is to work under such conditions.
Pep beat an all time great Manu team with freakin Yaya & ancient Sylvinho starting.
Sure we had different quality, but stage and opponent were vastly superior too

Inzaghi isn't even a good coach and many Inter fans were hoping he will be sacked after Barca games.
Inter missed their best midfielder and their best player, and they won by outcoaching us.
Inferior squad who was equally derailed by injuries and still out played us.
Poor tactics, poor subs.

serghei

We need the players back in defense as fast as possible and focus on La Liga and try to win EL.

Moaning about past glory ain't gonna improve our team.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Should have hired an interim if a qualified choice was not available.

Going with a manager who has never managed before other than Al Sadd, it was quite predictable what would happen.

Yeah, I guess ultimately Laporta and everyone else at the club should be held responsible for their outdated, out of touch and blind trust of that Barca-DNA ueber alles garbage and be more practical and pragmatic.

It is easier for us to say though, I myself wish we could hire someone who has had zero history at the club and hasn't been polluted by the Barca-DNA shit, but I don't know if there were anybody available out there back then and currently... Who can we hire?

kattanib

This is just not true. The football under Xavi has been great in most games, including the current season.

Everyone wanted Arteta fired last season, specially after Arsenal's embarassing start, but they are now being rewarded for it.

What football? Both balls out of the pants and not expecting the defensive cats to jump and play with them?

Kamakazi style

JamDav1982

This is just not true. The football under Xavi has been great in most games, including the current season.

Everyone wanted Arteta fired last season, specially after Arsenal's embarassing start, but they are now being rewarded for it.

Has it fuck.

The football was good for about two months last season and been not great since.

He is making same mistakes game after game.

That is one win in five european games now and Busi fucking atrocious in all of them and making mistakes.

He doesnt make players accountable.

matbezlima

Bullshit. Those are just excuses. The fact that average sides like Inter and Eintracht scored three goals against usshiws how bad we really are.
Laporta 8s gutless. Who gives a fuck about EL? We might as well be out. Fuck Xavi
Right from the very start I said Xavi would flip and we would waste two seasons. Again I was fucking right.
An average Inter looked faster, stronger and more decisive. We looked poor again.

One wouldn't think Barcelona is leading La Liga.

Spanish supporters are the worst. I remember the cries for Ancelotti to be fired many times in the last season, for example. Specially after the loss against Sheriff, and also the loss against PSG in the UCL's first leg, with the team being very defensive and dull.

Horatio

You're welcome
Not all on Xavi. Players need to step up. Dembele could have done way better. Pique was fielded cause no other options.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
getting rid of messi, not sacking koeman before he fucked up in EL, got xavi(his decision not mine) who relegated us again to EL. all decisions that got us here.

Getting rid of Messi was the right decision. Without having done so, we would still be stuck in the past and we would be equally mediocre and still get eliminated today, I bet.

Not sacking Koeman earlier and getting Xavi, yeah, easier to blame him but I honestly don't know who else he would have gone with at the time.

matbezlima

Has it fuck.

The football was good for about two months last season and been not great since.

He is making same mistakes game after game.

That is one win in five european games now and Busi fucking atrocious in all of them and making mistakes.

He doesnt make players accountable.

You have terrible memory. Barcelona's football was great in all games in the current season before the international break. Have you already forgotten the football shown against Bayern?

And Barcelona declined last season after the international break and injuries.

And you still haven't adressed Arteta at Arsenal. Or how Klopp finished third and last place in two UCL group stages in the same seasons he won two Bundesligas in a row for Dortmund.

Even Cruyff got a lot of backlash for some time at Barcelona, he wasn't an instant sucess as a coach. He had plenty of people asking him to be fired at some moments.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

You have terrible memory. Barcelona's football was great in all games in the current season before the international break. Have you already forgotten the football shown against Bayern?

And Barcelona declined last season after the international break and injuries.

Great against who? The bottom table teams of La Liga?

Joan

Football been bad since he was found out last season.

Going into extremes here but it's close.

Hasn't adapted one bit since.

malvolio

Getting rid of Messi was the right decision. Without having done so, we would still be stuck in the past and we would be equally mediocre and still get eliminated today, I bet.

Not sacking Koeman earlier and getting Xavi, yeah, easier to blame him but I honestly don't know who else he would have gone with at the time.

what past mate? EL back to back is the future now? bet all you like, but it didn't happen with messi around.

all these excuses when he clearly fucked up not sacking koeman earlier and then getting xavi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans