Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

I only wanted Koeman out after his 2nd season looked like a disaster in the making. Xavi improved the team after Koeman was sacked, should be fairly clear. Xavi still hasn't lost a single away game in the league since he was named.

He got better results that season compared to Koeman (who wasn't doing much other than moaning non-stop) even before the signings were made in January. In fact, we constantly went up in the league table after Koeman was gone.

Dude com'ooon
Koeman was playing with Demir and Luuk as starters and without Pedri, Dembele
Yes, Xavi improved the team but only after the January international break when team clicked with PEdri in there, with Dembele in there, with Auba and Ferran.

You can't deny the probability (not even possibility) that Koeman would have likewise improved the team with these players

Birdy

Romero saying we want to demote him to assistant and bring Flick.
Not gonna happen, but at least we know the board isn't blind to his performance

Source please, this is important

I think Xavi will never accept that.
On the contrary, a clever solution - which Xavi might accept if gets pressured by bad results - is to force an assistant as 2nd in Xavi's staff with astute tactical knowledge. Like Schreuder was for Koeman, he was designing the tactics.
Xavi would still exercise authority, power, man-management and all that, but he will accept input by more experienced tactician.

iniestaGOAT

Reports from multiple MD journos that the players are unhappy with Xavi's lineup and substitutions and didn't understand the subs that were made against Inter.

Busquets talking about 'chaos' was apparently an indirect reference to Xavi's tactics.

Wtf does Busquets even have to complain about

this fools plays all improtant games,never subbed out like that turd dembele is never subbed out

Joan

People are coming up with all sorts of solutions to save a coach who hasn't given us anything. Should be lucky to be an assistant, has no business being the coach anyway.

Kick him out and bring Tuchel in. I don't believe Flick is realistic.

xXKonan

I'm not sure in what universe his Brother Oscar is qualified to remotely even be an assistant coach for a team/club this caliber.

Glorified cheerleader for Xavi and not a guy who can help fix what's wrong with the setups and shit.

Richard.H

It's sad to see club legends just taking this job on a whim and then getting absolutely destroyed by fans/media. Both boards (Bartomeu and Laporta's) are responsible for such incompetency. We haven't had a competent coach since Ernesto Valverde. Xavi was always too green, managing in Qatar is probably lower level than managing Barca B. I've noticed that nepotism and favoritism are always key themes in the club.

All fans know (even other team fans) that Barca managerial job is perhaps the hardest out of all the big clubs. You would think the board would have common sense to hire someone competent. I guess they are trying their hardest to keep Barca tiki-taka style alive and refusing to adapt to modern game (which all big coaches would). Hey, what do I know? Even Tuchel might play Busi in every game. We are just fans behind our keyboards and monitors at the end of the day.

fergus90

If the club is patient they could wait until the summer and analyse the following:

1- Will Pep renew at City as contract is out and Laporta could move mountains to bring him back
2 - How will Hansi Flick's Germany perform at the World Cup. They've got a shit team with likes of Gnabry and Werner up top but Germans are demanding.
3 - Ten Hag's situation at United, again very expectant fan base.

I rate Tuchel very highly and he was fired too quickly but if he served up the football here that he was at Chelsea for the last 6 months, this forum would be calling for his sacking too.

It gives the new manager to judge the existing players and identity and work with the recruits he wants for his system.

Horatio

You're welcome
Pep will renew bro.

I don't think Tuchel will win over dressing room. He looks like a madman. I think players get tired of him after a few months.

serghei

By all means, bring in a top 4 name, but if that fails as well short term, it simply means expectations are unrealistic and fans have to man up. Bad spells are part of the club's identity.

For Xavi, it is La Liga or bust now.

Last edited:

serghei

About Ten Hag, lol, our fanbase is more demanding than United's. If the guy doesn't bring United back with all those money he has at hand, spending hundreds of millions, we should never touch him.

Last edited:

malvolio

It's sad to see club legends just taking this job on a whim and then getting absolutely destroyed by fans/media. Both boards (Bartomeu and Laporta's) are responsible for such incompetency. We haven't had a competent coach since Ernesto Valverde. Xavi was always too green, managing in Qatar is probably lower level than managing Barca B. I've noticed that nepotism and favoritism are always key themes in the club.

All fans know (even other team fans) that Barca managerial job is perhaps the hardest out of all the big clubs. You would think the board would have common sense to hire someone competent. I guess they are trying their hardest to keep Barca tiki-taka style alive and refusing to adapt to modern game (which all big coaches would). Hey, what do I know? Even Tuchel might play Busi in every game. We are just fans behind our keyboards and monitors at the end of the day.

That's because everyone thinks they'll hit the jackpot and find the new Pep. Problem is even Pep himself got lucky. First because he was an understudy to Cruyff and second because he got Messi and La Masia golden generation. He then had a CV that opened any door in club management.

fergus90

Pep will renew bro.

I don't think Tuchel will win over dressing room. He looks like a madman. I think players get tired of him after a few months.

He will renew mate you’re right. Ultimately just got to back Xavi for the season at least.

Birdy

That's because everyone thinks they'll hit the jackpot and find the new Pep. Problem is even Pep himself got lucky. First because he was an understudy to Cruyff and second because he got Messi and La Masia golden generation. He then had a CV that opened any door in club management.

History defied this shitty take that has been perpetuated for soo long

Pep proved that his no1 coach in the world the last 15 years, no matter the lack of CLs.
He made the most competitive league in the world look like Bundesliga, just because he is the best

And the golden generation and Messi failed utterly when they didn't have a top coach to guide them.
Only under Pep and Lucho they succeeded.

Football is a team sport, not an individual sport.
Once you get this, you will start understanding it more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans