Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

You love conclusions after 3 months. I get it, fans are fickle and impatient.

We will see at the end of the season, unless Xavi implodes and starts to have bad results in the league on a consistent basis.

fans are right to call for heads when team can't even get out of a CL group. squad rebuild is not an excuse in this case, with the money we spent. this is no ajax or benfica, teams used to CL that might have a season or two when they don't qualify for the competition and getting out of a group isn't the end of the world.

we already on a downward trajectory. month could end up badly for him. season is over in october and only realistic objective is to finish second. actually he fucked up on half of the objective - getting to the CL KOs.

Birdy

You love conclusions after 3 months. I get it, fans are fickle and impatient.

We will see at the end of the season, unless Xavi implodes and starts to have bad results in the league on a consistent basis.

And before you put in your 'oh, Koeman this or that', he was sacked because his results were consistently shit in the 2nd season and because he was moaning non stop.

Nah.
If Xavi does the same I bet he won't be sacked.

Koeman was sacked because Laporta didn't like him and put his own ego above the good of the club (waiting till the summer to hire a top coach)

SmilerBam

Biggest problems with Messi were his obscene salary and his greed. And his laziness in CL.

In La Liga he stil played at a high level when he left, just not vs Madrid.

2nd seson without Leo and many other problems. Good teams do fine without Messi. That is why Messi won 1 in the last 10 CLs.

Messi didn't had a world class coach since Pep. Why this is not said enough? Or you think Martino, Enrique(still love him, but he is not wc),Valverde or Koeman are world class? Put Leo Messi 2013-2020 in any big team with a great coach, and they will win trophies at a canter. Anyway, the talk is about Xavi. Honestly, everytime i watch us play under him, it seems we have no plan, just rely on individuality. The guy is not good enough until now.

Andresito

Staff member
Xavi: “With the effort made by the club & the squad we have, we have to compete for trophies. And if we don't win, as the president said, there will be consequences, starting with me. If we don't win, another coach will come in. But I am going to give everything so that this works.”

Nazario1985

Lunatics and attention seekers still doubting how great Messi was for FCB.

for 15 years he was keeping bar?a at the top no matter what.

Him not winning the CL as often as he deserves means the rest of the team and the managers were Shit.

Many players were seen as legends and WC just because he was in the team and made look like that.

Without him Pep will still be looking for his first CL.

serghei

Xavi: “With the effort made by the club & the squad we have, we have to compete for trophies. And if we don't win, as the president said, there will be consequences, starting with me. If we don't win, another coach will come in. But I am going to give everything so that this works.”

What's fair is fair.

ryuken

I guess he meant Copa Del Rey then, cuz we sure as hell have no chance at other trophies.

Barcilliant

I would just want him to try different stuff. Change the formation,give some players a chance, He needs to be bold. 8f he goes down he should go down swinging as opposed to being cowardly and sticking with a formula that clearly doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans