Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
A super league is needed for Barcelona's long term future.

The EPL has been increasing its financial gap over the other leagues this past decade. Enormous media rights deals and sponsorships.

Many fans coped with this by saying Premier League teams are just going to waste all that money by overpaying for players. That's still true but PL teams are starting to get better value for their spending.

Every year without the Super League increases the likelihood of top PL teams saying they don't need to join the Super League.

How will the ESL help us exactly? For the ESL to work and generate as much money as it promised, it would have to include the English clubs. And if they are in, they will receive as much money as us, Madrid and Juventus, and their EPL money won't dwindle, so in the end that disparity still exists.

fergus90

Germany? Are they really superior than Spain?
England and France sure, but I don't see many German super talents atm. Musiala is the only obvious one there, Wirtzis injured badly

I wasn't referring to the national teams, i don't follow international football to be fair so couldn't give an honest opinion on their state. I meant the actual deemed young talents and 20-25 year olds playing in those leagues.

You think La Liga used to have the likes of Mata, Silva, Villa playing for a team that wasn't even winning the league, it rivalled and could say bettered the PL for quality. It has dropped massively and is currently going through a barren phase.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I wasn't referring to the national teams, i don't follow international football to be fair so couldn't give an honest opinion on their state. I meant the actual deemed young talents and 20-25 year olds playing in those leagues.

You think La Liga used to have the likes of Mata, Silva, Villa playing for a team that wasn't even winning the league, it rivalled and could say bettered the PL for quality. It has dropped massively and is currently going through a barren phase.

Bundesliga hasn't really generated that many young talents, as far as I can think of. Bellingham and Musiala certainly won't count, neither would Haaland or any of those non-German, non-Bundesliga talents they acquired. The only one I can think of is Moukoko and to a lesser degree Adeyemi (I watched him a few times this season and so far haven't been that impressed). Anybody else?

fergus90

Bundesliga hasn't really generated that many young talents, as far as I can think of. Bellingham and Musiala certainly won't count, neither would Haaland or any of those non-German, non-Bundesliga talents they acquired. The only one I can think of is Moukoko and to a lesser degree Adeyemi (I watched him a few times this season and so far haven't been that impressed). Anybody else?

I didn't say anything about generating talents, I was talking about the lack of quality in La Liga because some of Europe's most promising youngsters like those who you've just named were playing in another country or clubs in Europe are signing their players because they can't compete financially. The quality of Valencia, Sevilla etc was great even outside of the top 2 for many years and now it's miserable.

We took Sevilla's starting CB and we are 13th in the PL. My point wasn't about Bundesliga being some academy goldmine, it was the fact that, not only are La liga clubs brassic but the talent pool has a lot of the worlds best players under 25 playing elsewhere.

Ultimately, football goes in cycle I guess. Just like Serie A had it's heyday. Guess I just wasn't quite expecting La Liga to fall off this hard so soon.

delancey

Ten Hag will outsmart Xavi. Our squad is way superior but that means nothing when coming up against superior managers who earned their current spot.

FinBarcelonafan

Ten Hag will outsmart Xavi. Our squad is way superior but that means nothing when coming up against superior managers who earned their current spot.

Exactly. That's the biggest worry for me. Not afraid of their players per say. Their coach is superior to Xavi at this point.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I didn't say anything about generating talents, I was talking about the lack of quality in La Liga because some of Europe's most promising youngsters like those who you've just named were playing in another country or clubs in Europe are signing their players because they can't compete financially. The quality of Valencia, Sevilla etc was great even outside of the top 2 for many years and now it's miserable.

We took Sevilla's starting CB and we are 13th in the PL. My point wasn't about Bundesliga being some academy goldmine, it was the fact that, not only are La liga clubs brassic but the talent pool has a lot of the worlds best players under 25 playing elsewhere.

Ultimately, football goes in cycle I guess. Just like Serie A had it's heyday. Guess I just wasn't quite expecting La Liga to fall off this hard so soon.

Got it. I think Dortmund is a special case and a class of its own, as it is very good at scouting young players around Europe and perhaps many young players are attracted by Dortmund particularly, because of (1) the ample opportunities they give to young players (due to Dortmund constantly replenishing players as a result of sales) and (2) Dortmund's reputation for being a springboard for final destination in a top club.

Bundesliga clubs do seem to attract a lot more foreign players and talents from around the world (for example Japanese players) than La Liga clubs, which might give them a plus compared to La Liga. If Germany's domestic talents are dried up, they can rely on foreign players. Whereas in Spain, it seems most La Liga clubs still fill up their coffers with Spanish and South American players.

FC B

Exactly. That's the biggest worry for me. Not afraid of their players per say. Their coach is superior to Xavi at this point.

Not only that he is superior as a manager but also with a good tactical approach unlike Xavi who tries to play a dead and buried type of football that worked ages ago but only with the right players or it may still work today with many adjustments and only with a manager like Pep and an unlimited budget at hand.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi's approach is nothing like Pep's. Tough to make it work even with an unlimited budget since Xavi's "system" demands the type of perfection to work that won't exist for him.

Iniesta Ultra

More physical with less skill ?

Arteta may disagree

The commentator on Arsenal's match lauded them for their "great tiki taka out of the back" to what could've been a goal Jesus didn't convert at the end. Can't remember last time I've seen any tiki taka from Barca.

Does Barca even do what used to be the most common warm up practice drill where one player stands in the middle trying to intercept and like six players are around him doing quick one touch short passes in succession? Because I never see it applied in matches anymore.

Last edited:

Messigician

The commentator on Arsenal's match lauded them for their "great tiki taka out of the back" to what could've been a goal Jesus didn't convert at the end. Can't remember last time I've seen any tiki taka from Barca.

Does Barca even do what used to be the most common warm up practice drill where one player stands in the middle trying to intercept and like six players are around him doing quick one touch short passes in succession? Because I never see it applied in matches anymore.

A Rondo

And yes we do them

Alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans