Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

delancey

What about Scaloni? Back to back Copa America and WC titles within a period of one year. At the age of 44.

Thoughts?

malvolio

What about Scaloni? Back to back Copa America and WC titles within a period of one year. At the age of 44.

Thoughts?

Was thinking the same. Either he is rather good or his staff(Ayala, Aimar & Samuel) are behind the succes. Anyway, until he does it without Messi we will never know.

But they did promote some young players and are not afraid to change things up, like dropping Lautaro for a more in-form Alvarez.

Splendid CV to have as a manager.

jamrock

If he goes to European club level, he'll probably get found out, his subs don't really affect the game positively or they're too late, but can't take away from what he's done, incredible stuff.

Andresito

Staff member
There's a difference between NT and club level.

Who's the best/most successful coach who's been at both NT and club? del Bosque?

delancey

Was thinking the same. Either he is rather good or his staff(Ayala, Aimar & Samuel) are behind the succes. Anyway, until he does it without Messi we will never know.

But they did promote some young players and are not afraid to change things up, like dropping Lautaro for a more in-form Alvarez.

Splendid CV to have as a manager.

It is true that no one knows how he would perform at a European club. I will say this: he is clearly respected by his players, for at 44, to do what he has done, is nothing but impressive.

Let us also not forget that many managers failed with Messi. And he is 35.

Maybe some might disagree, but on paper, this Argentinian team is not all that. But collectively, they are beasts. And it takes a beast to lead a team full of beasts. Well, that sounded good in my head. :lol:

If Xavi gets our star studded team eliminated from the fracking Europa League, we should at least consider this man. What he has done is something special. And everyone is unproven until he gets a shot, right?

khaled_a_d

There's a difference between NT and club level.

Who's the best/most successful coach who's been at both NT and club? del Bosque?

Del Bosque and Lippi in Europe, Scolari in SA (only one experiment in Europe when he was old af anyway)

There are other coaches who has done really well on both but not exactly elite.
Deschamps reached CL final with Monaco, got Marseille only league titles in past 30 years, and won Serie B with Juve, he was success at each club he was, and obviously magnificent NT coaching career.
Mancini has several league titles and is European champion with Italy, same with Rehhagel.
Eriksson did well with England but notrophy, and was very good club coach, same with Capello, Conte etc

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No Scaloni for me. In games like the ones against the Netherlands and yesterday's final he had shown naivete I felt that was the result of inexperience, perhaps not too dissimilar to that of Xavi. His relatively green coaching career (albeit already achieving in such a short time what so many other Argentine managers had failed) and lack of experience outside of coaching Argentina NT is a big concern for me.

Andresito

Staff member
I have a lot of respect for Scaloni. But I very much doubt he's a coach who can deliver results week in week out.

Porque

Best thing Scaloni can do is to stay on and be an era defining coach for Argentina. With Messi winding down and their first WC since 86, he doesn't really need to win the tournament again. Just setup a tough to beat 11 that the country can get behind every tournament.

No point ruining that mystique to go to a cashless Barcelona.

Now if he wants to resurrect Depor, then that's something different.

Iniesta Ultra

Nah don't want Scaloni here

Awful subs and game reading

Gonzalo Martinez's strike at Lloris was the assist for Messi's goal. Scaloni changed tactics every match to optimize against the opponent. Their midfield link-up play in 7 wc matches is greater than all of Barca in first half of this season.

Argentina would beat Barca 3-0 rn.

Messigician

Gonzalo Martinez's strike at Lloris was the assist for Messi's goal. Scaloni changed tactics every match to optimize against the opponent. Their midfield link-up play in 7 wc matches is greater than all of Barca in first half of this season.

Argentina would beat Barca 3-0 rn.

Dude Martinez sub is a no brainer

The issue was bottling 2 goal leads because of bad subs and having to go to lucky penalty shootouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans