Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcilliant

No way I would want Scaloni here. Football at a huge European club is another level. The pressure is incessant and you have to deal with different nationalities and huge egos to boot.
Scaloni would be found out here. Would like to see him at Valencia or Sevilla first. If he succeeded at either club I'd happily take him.
I'm so down on Xavi I'd actually give Unai Emery a shot but I doubt he'd come here. Fucking Aston Villa have more cash than we do. Let that sink in.

fergus90

No way I would want Scaloni here. Football at a huge European club is another level. The pressure is incessant and you have to deal with different nationalities and huge egos to boot.
Scaloni would be found out here. Would like to see him at Valencia or Sevilla first. If he succeeded at either club I'd happily take him.
I'm so down on Xavi I'd actually give Unai Emery a shot but I doubt he'd come here. Fucking Aston Villa have more cash than we do. Let that sink in.

We also won the European Cup before Barcelona, allow yourself a further moment to let that sink in.

Barcilliant

We also won the European Cup before Barcelona, allow yourself a further moment to let that sink in.

Yeah and I actually watched that final live.

But even than Villa were not a bigger club than Barca. Ditto teams like Celtic, Benfica and Forest. They all won it before Barca too.

fergus90

But even than Villa were not a bigger club than Barca. Ditto teams like Celtic, Benfica and Forest. They all won it before Barca too.

Nah I know, just messing with you. Incredible it took as long as it did for Barca to get their hands on the trophy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
All the alternatives are shit if he sucks the second half of the season. Was hoping Flick would resign in case we needed a new manager but he is continuing.

Barcilliant

All the alternatives are shit if he sucks the second half of the season. Was hoping Flick would resign in case we needed a new manager but he is continuing.

I was disappointed with Flick and Germany. Didn't expect them to win it but I was thinking quarters at least.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I was disappointed with Flick and Germany. Didn't expect them to win it but I was thinking quarters at least.

I think he is a better club manager anyway and while Germany should have done better as you said they have mediocre defenders and no striker who can score goals. Not easy to win with that.

KingLeo10

Nah I know, just messing with you. Incredible it took as long as it did for Barca to get their hands on the trophy.

What kept Barca at bay was...losing in CL finals...and more importantly, not getting the chance to participate in many CLs because it was champions only and that was often RM before Cruyff's 90s revolution as manager.

KingLeo10

Benfica were a "bigger club" (European pedigree) than Barca until 1990.

They played like 5 European cup finals in 1960s and won 2 of them.

Porque

If Xavi bombed or stepped down this season we would prefer probably go for top of LaLiga2 Garcia Pimienta.

Need that DNA peeps.

Gari

Xavi: "I have watched almost all the matches of the World Cup. With teams focused on the result, few teams with an attacking approach. More defensive. With the exception of Spain and Brazil, the rest waited for mistakes."True. Football fell and became pragmatic. It was not the strongest who won. What to do? A difficult choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans