Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Feels like a funeral in here.

Barca fans are among the most delusional I have ever seen... so no surprise.

Imagine being a fan of a near bankrupt club and making a tragedy out of leading the table with 12 wins in 14 games, with only 1 loss, and that being away to current CL holders.

:lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Imagine being a fan of a near bankrupt club and making a tragedy out of leading the table with 12 wins in 14 games, with only 1 loss, and that being away to current CL holders.

How confident are you that Xavi will lead us to the La Liga title this season?

serghei

How confident are you that Xavi will lead us to the La Liga title this season?

Gonna push till the end, which is the most anyone should expect.

If Madrid are gonna slip up often, I think Barca are gonna make them pay and get the title.

DonAK

Gonna push till the end, which is the most anyone should expect.

If Madrid are gonna slip up often, I think Barca are gonna make them pay and get the title.

See, that is the issue. What we should expect after selling off assets and bending over for Xavi's wishes is at the very least for him to bring home a major trophy this season. So unless he wins La Liga or Europa League this season he would have been a massive failure and set us back even further than we were at the beginning of the season.

serghei

See, that is the issue. What we should expect after selling off assets and bending over for Xavi's wishes is at the very least for him to bring home a major trophy this season. So unless he wins La Liga or Europa League this season he would have been a massive failure and set us back even further than we were at the beginning of the season.

Don't think so. Nobody can guarantee a big league win. We invested money to battle with Madrid for the title, that is it. Madrid still has a better team and are gonna improve it at a faster rate than us, evident looking at their signings.

DonAK

Don't think so. Nobody can guarantee a big league win. We invested money to battle with Madrid for the title, that is it. Madrid still has a better team and are gonna improve it at a faster rate than us, evident looking at their signings.

I expect Xavi to win a major title or get sacked at the end of the season. There's no point handcuffing ourselves after spending all these resources on a manager who plays a boring style of football and often looks clueless, AND is unable to bring home any titles and goes out of the CL in an embarrassing fashion to an inferior opponent.

serghei

I expect Xavi to win a major title or get sacked at the end of the season. There's no point handcuffing ourselves after spending all these resources on a manager who plays a boring style of football and often looks clueless, AND is unable to bring home any titles and goes out of the CL in an embarrassing fashion to an inferior opponent.

Even if you sack Xavi, you're not gonna achieve much. I doubt he's gonna be sacked if we lose the title by 1-3 points against a better side. Such a dumb thing to do.

Inter is not inferior opponent, and if you really think they are inferior to a Pique - Garcia defense you are kidding yourself beyond belief. That defense is barely midtable quality in La Liga, let alone against a side that gave CL finalists a tough tie in CL last year while we were playing in EL.

It's time Barca fans give up the arrogance of last decade. It is not the same team these days.

Last edited:

DonAK

Even if you sack Xavi, you're not gonna achieve much. I doubt he's gonna be sacked if we lose the title by 1-3 points against a better side. Such a dumb thing to do.

Inter is not inferior opponent, and if you really think they are inferior to a Pique - Garcia defense you are kidding yourself beyond belief.

If we lose the title by 1-3 points or at the last day of the season then we should consider keeping him, anything else and he should be gone.

Right now Xavi looks like an inferior version of Valverde.

serghei

If we lose the title by 1-3 points or at the last day of the season then we should consider keeping him, anything else and he should be gone.

Right now Xavi looks like an inferior version of Valverde.

Nah, situation at the team is so drastically different that any comparison is basically a joke.

But I think we can win the league, the team is efficient enough and motivated enough in all games to get it done, unless Madrid manage to sense the danger and play more focused.

If we do win the league though, everyone should chill and drop the absurd expectations, giving credit for a solid performance in bad times, under shittiest conditions since I've followed the club.

Last edited:

Windhook

Many fans are acting like it's the 2015/16 season, expecting years of domination. Everyone fighting for the great W on this forum, which player and manager will flop basically.

Myself trying to stay grounded, not overly negative, not on cloud nine, either. Might say still positive, because Xavi is fully invested and works with heart for Barcelona. He improved certain aspects, but this team needs trophies to gain confidence. Winning La Liga would certainly be a great boost for morale.

I don't remember such state of Barca being a fan of the club for almost 30 years. With Koeman initially I had a feeling similar to Joan Gaspart dark ages, but the football dynamics are different, so is our financial situation. Signing a Ronaldinho phenomenal player will not make big impact anymore. It takes more than that.

We aren't witnessing an Arsenal/Man Utd type of decline with Barca, because simply La Liga is not that competitive and itself is in decline in recent years.

serghei

Many fans are acting like it's the 2015/16 season, expecting years of domination. Everyone fighting for the great W on this forum, which player and manager will flop basically.

Myself trying to stay grounded, not overly negative, not on cloud nine, either. Might say still positive, because Xavi is fully invested and works with heart for Barcelona. He improved certain aspects, but this team needs trophies to gain confidence. Winning La Liga would certainly be a great boost for morale.

I don't remember such state of Barca being a fan of the club for almost 30 years. With Koeman initially I had a feeling similar to Joan Gaspart dark ages, but the football dynamics are different, so is our financial situation. Signing a Ronaldinho phenomenal player will not make big impact anymore. It takes more than that.

We aren't witnessing an Arsenal/Man Utd type of decline with Barca, because simply La Liga is not that competitive and itself is in decline in recent years.

It's all relative. Probably hardest time as Barca fan for me was in Pep days vs Inter and Chelsea. Nothing compares to that level of anger and sadness in football. These days compared to that are very light on pressure and stress, because I know we are not good enough so it's easy not to expect too much.

It's just football. You have to appreciate that the team is trying to get back, despite the hurdles. Can't fault anyone in the team for not giving their all right now, so it is much easier to accept our situation personally.

Everything that can be done is being put into service. Plenty good enough for me all things considered.

Last edited:

Windhook

It's all relative. Probably hardest time as Barca fan for me was in Pep days vs Inter and Chelsea.

It's just football.

For me as well. We are wandering the desert as fans. Feels miserable, but people have to understand Xavi is not Pep who had the luck to manage three players at their prime, introduced by Rijkaard and Van Gaal.

Barca have a great academy, but those youngsters need experienced players around them to guide. Pedri and Gavi are so young and there's no one above them in stature or experience currently. That's worrying.

jamrock

At least we still have a few level headed fans, who's main interest isn't scoring points.

CL was a disappointment but we were in the toughest group, and with a few different calls & lewa scoring we would be through.

La Liga we are very competitive.

Few wholes in the squad, but which squad doesn't? Liverpool looking to spend 300m euros this summer alone, after dropping 100m on one player.

We got ourselves a hella competitive squad while spending 120m in the summer, net spend 30m.

Let's focus on the league, go all in.

Yes xavi has his weaknesses but he's a young coach, if he fails greatly this season he will for sure be fired, if he doesn't we get a starting RB & DM and we are right up their again, still behind the money bags but competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans