Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I am probably on my own on this one, but I like Xavi's idea of football.

We will see if he can grow the team, but I am optimistic. And if we win the League some here need to be nicer towards him ;D

I hope you are right. I used to be optimistic myself but it is a bit tough now :lol:

Gari

I am probably on my own on this one, but I like Xavi's idea of football.

We will see if he can grow the team, but I am optimistic. And if we win the League some here need to be nicer towards him ;D

If we win the League, it's a successful season. If only the Cup, then a simple season and it can be justified. If nothing, then it's a failure. We can still take the treble.)))

Barcilliant

So he's just being his usual delusional self. What's new?
This man lives in his own warped reality. Teams ARE controlling the play by sitting back and waiting for a mistake. The reason we can't sit back and defend is because we are shit at it.

JohnN

A lot of people forget that Spain, with a goat tiki-taka midfield of xavi, Iniesta, Busquets would do absolutely shit if not for the amazing David Villa.
Exactly like Barca.at the time without eto, Pedro, Messi, Villa, etc. you can control the game all you want but at the end you need players who make a play and make the difference.
Xavi seems to only focus on control and nothing else.
Argentina played a much more modern football than Barca and would probably demolish us with their aggression in a knockout match.

MTL_Barca

A lot of people forget that Spain, with a goat tiki-taka midfield of xavi, Iniesta, Busquets would do absolutely shit if not for the amazing David Villa.
Exactly like Barca.at the time without eto, Pedro, Messi, Villa, etc. you can control the game all you want but at the end you need players who make a play and make the difference.
Xavi seems to only focus on control and nothing else.
Argentina played a much more modern football than Barca and would probably demolish us with their aggression in a knockout match.

If our passing/control of the game was at least amazing then...but it really isn't. You'd think Xavi of all people should know how it's done but there is hardly any progress. Good example how player skills don't translate to coaching.

It's not just the style of play, it's execution as well.

delancey

I already see us getting knocked out of the Europa League. In February. 😂

I mean, that would be inexcusable, and any other Manager would get the sack for this offense, especially after reinvesting heavily in the squad.

Iniesta Ultra

Xavi won't admit watching Argentina, with players well below Xavi/Iniesta/Imho talent, play threatening possession with short tight passes around oppo box against semi-parked buses. When Argentina needed a goal did they resort to Xavicross desperation, not once I can remember.

Argentina's starters play almost entirely for EL clubs. But Xavi's so afraid of losing he never wants to lose possession so we pass and hold the ball like gimps till Demb punts it in the box for Gavi to try a header can't make this shit up.

Was refreshing to watch Scaloni's post-final presser. A coach who doesn't lie to himself or the public.

Birdy

?I loathe all that passing for the sake of it, all that tiki-taka. It?s so much rubbish and has no purpose. You have to pass the ball with a clear intention, with the aim of making it into the opposition?s goal. It?s not about passing for the sake of it,? (Guardiola, 2014)

That's Xavi's and Enrique's philosophy as well.

Problem is not in what they want to do, but in how to execute it

JamDav1982

Enrique Spain team were a falure at the WC after the Costa Rica game.

Anyone thinking they were one of better teams is utterly clueless.

Could barely pass ball through midfield.

jamrock

Spain was shit after the Costa Rica game, but everyone thought they were on to something, some even ran to edge their bets with busquets, after saying he was crap for Spain at the euros, just incase Spain went on a run...

Costa Rica game got everyone excited, such is life though.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Spain was shit after the Costa Rica game, but everyone thought they were on to something, some where even run to edge their bets with busquets, after saying he was even crap for Spain at the euros, just ncase Spain went on a run...

Costa Rica game got everyone excited, such is life though.

Eh?

Givenchy

I already see us getting knocked out of the Europa League. In February. ��

I mean, that would be inexcusable, and any other Manager would get the sack for this offense, especially after reinvesting heavily in the squad.

Yeah can see this happening but I don't really care for Europa personally - the first time was interesting but the novelty wore off fast, just win the league and focus on next season.

I'm gonna give it 1 game back before I go in on him again, perhaps he might, slimmest chance, just move on from Busquets.

Barcilliant

Xavi has literally said that he will live and die by his vision of football. In these times we need a more pragmatic coach. One who is willing to adapt to the reality of the situation. Xavi is the exact opposite. An idealist who will gladly fall on his sword to preserve his idea of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans