Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi will get the entire season anyway regardless of what happens.

But he's not a good manager. I don't think Pedri and Gavi for example have progressed under him. Tactically he doesn't utilize his players well either. He wanted us to sign Ferran Torres, Lewandowski and Raphinha but uses them in ways they weren't used prior to joining Barca. Now Lewandowski is elite so he will find ways to do well and score anyway, but the other players are not. You might even question his judgement on insisting on signing Ferran Torres for close to 60m in the first place, but that's another discussion. I almost forgot Jules Kounde too who he signed to play CB and promised him to play CB since Kounde have said on several occasions that he knows he's not a good RB and doesn't like playing there. Why are we playing Kounde at RB? Because Xavi has an obsession with certain player or player types. He wanted Azpi so we didn't even pursue someone like Mazraoui seriously who would have been a clear cut starter for us at RB.

Barca right now is a tough job to take for any new manager and it will take some convincing. Because why would Tuchel agree to take over a club that's not only got financial troubles, but also manage to squander the little money they have available to spend?

Never mind the club's mindset stuck back in 2010 not realizing that it's impossible to replicate what Cruyff and Pep did because Cruyff and Pep were special managers and most managers are not.

serghei

Kounde plays RB for the same reason why he played RB for France. Because both France and Barcelona are particularly exposed there.

KingLeo10

Coming from the guy simping for Dembele despite showing zero signs of progress?

Dembele stans on here make my blood boil.

He's a good player v decent teams and below average to disastrous player v tough teams. And the stans act like we would sink without him.

DonAK

Kounde plays RB for France because Deschamps decided to not include Clauss in their squad. Kounde plays RB for Barca because Xavi insisted on Azpi and Azpi only and when Azpi said no in the end and Bayern had already signed Mazraoui we were left scrambling for someone and ended up with Bellerin instead.

Poor planning and no vision.

DonAK

But like I said, Xavi will and should get the entire season. Even if we go out versus Inter City in the Copa del Rey and Man Utd in the Europa League.

But I'm having a hard time seeing signs of clear progress. It feels like Xavi is a manager who want to fit a square peg into a round hole. If you're optimistic about what he has shown so far then I envy your optimism because I cannot share it currently.

serghei

But like I said, Xavi will and should get the entire season. Even if we go out versus Inter City in the Copa del Rey and Man Utd in the Europa League.

But I'm having a hard time seeing signs of clear progress. It feels like Xavi is a manager who want to fit a square peg into a round hole. If you're optimistic about what he has shown so far then I envy your optimism because I cannot share it currently.

No, some of the criticism is fair. Much of it is absurd. So far, he's been good for me, but not impressive. His fate will be decided in the next few months or the next 1-2 years.

For him winning this league should be of absolute importance. It can make or break his career.

It is very important as Madrid's team is gonna get even stronger in the next years, so this season we have one of the best chances to win serious silverware and build winners out of these kids.

jamrock

Signing Kounde, including playing him at RB is the single best transfer we made in the summer and were it not for the signings of Pedri & Araujo he would be the single best signing the club has made over the past 3-4 years.

Those who complain about him playing at RB have to under the question, what would be the alternative?.

In the squad no, none, bar Roberto.

Do we not buy Kounde & instead buy a RB? Go into the season with Garcia, Ajaujo, Christensen & pique?, Same people complaining about Kounde at RB would be crying murder with those 4 CB as our options.

Do we not buy raphinha? Go into the season with Dembele & Torres as out only fit Wingers, same set of seeing raphinha play else where, would be saying, "he was begging to come here & we ignored him".

Sign a RB on a free? We tried that, twice didn't work out, bayern beat us to one & apzi as imperfect a signing as he would be, stayed at Chelsea.

Much better to sign one of the best going CB in the world, tie him down for the future, even if it means we play him out of position for 1 season.

We have much bigger fish to fry than worry about Kounde at RB

Barcilliant

When the fuck 8s Laporta going to sack this clown? Fucking when?
The squad has holes in it,yes. However teams with alot less talent look much better than us and that's all on Xavi. If he wasn't an ex legend he would be getting roasted by the Catalan press.
This is the problem with the Catalan mindset. It is destroying the club. Sack Xavi asap and get Tuchel in right now. Is Xavi playing champagne football? I don't think so. I didn't watch the match live but watched the replay. I couldn't go through the entire match. Espanyol were utter shit and we still couldn't scrape a win.
I've said it before. We are wasting time with this fool. Not only have we wasted precious time with this fool but precious money too.
What a fucking idiot Laporta is to hire this guy. Ive always said we needed a proper, experienced manager to steer us through this difficult period .

Temptation

When the fuck 8s Laporta going to sack this clown? Fucking when?
The squad has holes in it,yes. However teams with alot less talent look much better than us and that's all on Xavi. If he wasn't an ex legend he would be getting roasted by the Catalan press.
This is the problem with the Catalan mindset. It is destroying the club. Sack Xavi asap and get Tuchel in right now. Is Xavi playing champagne football? I don't think so. I didn't watch the match live but watched the replay. I couldn't go through the entire match. Espanyol were utter shit and we still couldn't scrape a win.
I've said it before. We are wasting time with this fool. Not only have we wasted precious time with this fool but precious money too.
What a fucking idiot Laporta is to hire this guy. Ive always said we needed a proper, experienced manager to steer us through this difficult period .

Tuchel doesn't fit the Barca way.

jamrock

No one said whatever you are making up there.

"but also manage to squander the little money they have available to spend?"

Yea you did say that....

Only money we wasted was Torres.

Fans can complain like spoiled babies about how the likes of Kounde, Raphinha is being used & n
how crap of a coach Xavi is, but that statement is false

Constantly making out as if Kounde, raphinha is some sort of bad buys, without putting forward any alternatives & looking at the reality of the situation

Especially since someone like tuchel wanted said players at Chelsea himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans