Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Givenchy

When the fuck 8s Laporta going to sack this clown? Fucking when?
The squad has holes in it,yes. However teams with alot less talent look much better than us and that's all on Xavi. If he wasn't an ex legend he would be getting roasted by the Catalan press.
This is the problem with the Catalan mindset. It is destroying the club. Sack Xavi asap and get Tuchel in right now. Is Xavi playing champagne football? I don't think so. I didn't watch the match live but watched the replay. I couldn't go through the entire match. Espanyol were utter shit and we still couldn't scrape a win.
I've said it before. We are wasting time with this fool. Not only have we wasted precious time with this fool but precious money too.
What a fucking idiot Laporta is to hire this guy. Ive always said we needed a proper, experienced manager to steer us through this difficult period .

The more I read, watch, listen to the interviews, financial situation etc etc, the more, sadly, I think the only way out of this mess is to sell the club.

Nothing positive is going to change with the way things are run now. You can sack Xavi but they will replace him with another safe, ex-Barca puppet. Those running the club are frozen in time and they are so deluded and arrogant that they believe todays football must change, not the Barca style. Go back to the Bayern game for example - we are playing a superior team yet.. no flexibility in tactics, no surprises, no countering the opponent.. we just go out there, mes que un club we are Barca and we will play our way - the result; another pasting. This happens every season in the CL now and we still aren't learning from our mistakes.

Club is rotten from top to bottom. Hate to be a negative thinking cule and sure we may scrape a la liga/copa here and there but the big picture is bleak.

Barcilliant

Games two months away, but as of today Barca are favourites.

Bwahahaha... favourites??!!!!

We are probably going to lose both legs. You heard it here first. People are seriously delusional. If we were in the EPL we'd be in 8th or 8th position at best. Xavi is destroying this club.

jairzinho

No need to sell the club. We just need the right people in the sporting department and a proper coach. Xavi is not that guy. He's shown little to suggest he knows how to take this club forward. Him persisting with Busquets sums up how short sighted he is. He's obsessed with the Barca way because he doesn't know anything else, he has no other ideas.

Barcilliant

People were roasting Koeman but I really think he's a better manager than Xavi. And that's crazy considering Koeman is below average at best.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
"but also manage to squander the little money they have available to spend?"

Yea you did say that....

Only money we wasted was Torres.

Fans can complain like spoiled babies about how the likes of Kounde, Raphinha is being used & n
how crap of a coach Xavi is, but that statement is false

Constantly making out as if Kounde, raphinha is some sort of bad buys, without putting forward any alternatives & looking at the reality of the situation

Especially since someone like tuchel wanted said players at Chelsea himself.

:lol:

Did you read the rest of the post? Why did you think I was talking about Kounde and Raphinha there? Although in Raphinha's case there's already been rumors about the club wanting to ship him out due to Xavi using him like an idiot.

So I guess yes. If we spend 60m on a player our manager uses differently or in a way that doesn't suit him and his strengths ending up in him getting shipped out of town for half the price then sure, we are squandering whatever money we have available.

As for Kounde being played at RB then only an idiot would read that post and think I meant we wasted money on Kounde. Not what I said at all. It was Xavi's insistence on having Azpi and Azpi only which is well documented that led to Barca half-assing an offer to Mazraoui who would have been our #1 RB by far and led to Kounde starting at CB with Araujo.

My issue was with Xavi the dumbass wanting only certain player or player-types leading us to losing out on other players, then sign a shit one in desperation mode and eventually use Kounde as a RB when we could have had him at CB.

Last edited:

jamrock

:lol:

Did you read the rest of the post? Why did you think I was talking about Kounde and Raphinha there? Although in Raphinha's case there's already been rumors about the club wanting to ship him out due to Xavi using him like an idiot.

So I guess yes. If we spend 60m on a player our manager uses differently or in a way that doesn't suit him and his strengths ending up in him getting shipped out of town for half the price then sure, we are squandering whatever money we have available.

As for Kounde being played at RB then only an idiot would read that post and think I meant we wasted money on Kounde. Not what I said at all. It was Xavi's insistence on having Azpi and Azpi only which is well documented that led to Barca half-assing an offer to Mazraoui who would have been our #1 RB by far and led to Kounde starting at CB with Araujo.

My issue was with Xavi the dumbass wanting only certain player or player-types leading us to losing out on other players, then sign a shit one in desperation mode and eventually use Kounde as a RB when we could have had him at CB.

Yea I did & your complaint was we used the 120m poorly, then you went on about Kounde at RB, I am highlighting that we didn't spend our money incorrectly, no one has this seemingly perfect transfer window that a few year seem to be wishing for.

You then said no top coach would want this team after such a poor transfer window we had, when the coach you highlighted wanted 2 of the players we spent "poorly" on.

With 120m

We should have gotten
1) RB
2) CB
3) DM
4) ST
5) winger.

Anyone can arm chair Sporting director, but that's not possible, we had no chance of getting that fellow that went to Bayern as they offered more money.

The team has holes, like every other team, Xavi has many weaknesses as a coach that he needs to work on, but the players we bought this summer, that we paid actual money for were all B transfers at worst.

Barcilliant

Yea I did & your complaint was we used the 120m poorly, then you went on about Kounde at RB, I am highlighting that we didn't spend our money incorrectly, no one has this seemingly perfect transfer window that a few year seem to be wishing for.

You then said no top coach would want this team after such a poor transfer window we had, when the coach you highlighted wanted 2 of the players we spent "poorly" on.

With 120m

We should have gotten
1) RB
2) CB
3) DM
4) ST
5) winger.

Anyone can arm chair Sporting director, but that's not possible, we had no chance of getting that fellow that went to Bayern as they offered more money.

The team has holes, like every other team, Xavi has many weaknesses as a coach that he needs to work on, but the players we bought this summer, that we paid actual money for were all B transfers at worst.

Xavi will not admit his weaknesses or maybe he doesn't even see them. There clearly are delusions of grandeur at this club with the president, manager and some players.
It's not new for Barca to buy a player and than shoehorn a player into a position he can play but it's not what we originally bought him for. This is because of poor planning.

delancey

Raphinha, Dembele, Ansu, Ferran. They all have one common problem, lack of goals. This is 100 % down to how Xavi uses them. The only player who should be hugging the touchline is Dembele.

And why is Pedri being instructed to pass the ball out to the wings every damn time. Or side/back passes? We cannot attack from the middle as all our wingers are no where to be found. Imagine that, they should be scoring goals, and they are hugging the damn touchline 99 % of the time.

Koeman is a much better manager. Yikes.

Raketa10

Xavi's incapacity to influence games and his persistence to renew Busquets speaks a lot about him as a manager. Unfortunately he just isn't good enough. On the other side Arteta is doing a brilliant job with an average squad. The main difference between those two is that Arteta actually spent 3 seasons learning from Pep while Xavi spent 2 seasons coaching amateurs in Qatar.

Last edited:

delancey

Xavi's incapacity to influence games and his persistence to renew Busquets speaks a lot about him as a manager. Unfortunately he just isn't good enough. On the other side Arteta is doing a brilliant job with an average squad.

True, and that is also our problem. Those in charge are not football savvy. They pounce on players when they cost a fortune instead of buying on the cheap.

Pedri being a noticeable exception.

JohnN

Raphinia played a similar role in Brazil if I remember correctly, and still could not score.
Ferran played on the right for Spain and was the same level of player.
Dembele played the exact same role in France and apart from first games, got irrelevant and unproductive as games got tougher.
Kounde also played RB for France and performed like he does with us.
Fati played probably closer to the CF with Spain and was still the same.. uninspiring.
Pedri and Gavi played exactly the same in Spain like they do in Barca. Gavi was a little better against a really poor opponent.
Busquets.. no need to comment on him.

Point is, the team is not perfect and perhaps the utilization of the players is the best possible. We can't know for sure.

One thing looks 100% certain. Busquets provides absolutely nothing positive and should be benched until his contract expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans