Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Firing Xavi will change nothing if they keep making the same mistakes. This club need a massive cultural shift.

If you asked me five years ago if I wanted the club to be sold(49%) I'd yell blasphemy, but I see no other way because I have no trust in these people in charge.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Winning the CdR will only get you around 2m apparently. I'd rather we lose the 2m and sack this piece of clueless scheisse called Xavi. He will cost us more than 2m.

ajnotkeith

We managed to concede a hat-trick to a player who is riding the bench in Primera RFEF and has 1 goal in 19 appearances there.

That is unbelievable.

Barcilliant

Firing Xavi will change nothing if they keep making the same mistakes. This club need a massive cultural shift.

If you asked me five years ago if I wanted the club to be sold(49%) I'd yell blasphemy, but I see no other way because I have no trust in these people in charge.

I agree but Xavi HAS to go first up. And yes, sacking Xavi and hiring Lucho will do nothing for the club. We need a change in mindset and culture. We need to be open to different formations, different styles of football, greater physicality etc.
I'm also open to selling 49%. It's the only way for the club to remain relevant.

fergus90

Xavi, one of my favourite players. But really not up to it as a coach. Barca need to see the bigger picture and get rid.

ajnotkeith

Get rid, yes. But then we need a foreign manager with freedom and support to do what he needs.

This is the main problem. It's like a plant. Cut the top off (Xavi) and it will just grow back in a different shape.

We need to cut it at the stem meaning ending this entire obsession with 'Barca DNA' and 'obligations' and prepare to totally modernise the club.

Givenchy

GOAT player, WOAT coach. He's going to go down as worse than Setien if United humiliate us in Europa, totally expect ETH will clown Xavi with inferior players.

Fuck the Barca dna, the politics and this outdated philosophy. Hire a manager who can ADAPT his tactics and join the year 2023, this isn't 2011 anymore. I want a realistic manager who sticks his middle finger up to the media bullshit and cries about lack of possession, not playing the Barca way wah waah waah and actually tries something different.

Can't even be bothered to watch games anymore. Valverde was something surely but Setien, Koeman and now giving Xavi money we don't have for transfers, wtf is wrong with this club. This is proper head in the sand shit from Laporta.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Selling 49% might not be that feasible, in my opinion. I mean, for potential investors, putting a lot of money in the club yet not having full control gets them very few incentives to do it, I think. They surely want to take over 100% of the club to make it a money-making machine. In Bayern's case, the 3A's did get brand exposure (especially for Allianz) and perhaps they get discounted rates for commercial sponsorships as a result, but the 3A's still are paying Bayern for their sponsorships, at least in the case of Adidas. Sure they got some dividends in the past but that was chunk change. To me it was almost like charity by the German companies doing a huge favor to the posterchild of German club football, which is hard to replicate in our case. We have Juame Roures (a Cule himself I believe) and his Mediapro, that's pretty much it.

JamDav1982

Also the levers make investment less enticing.

They would be investing in a club giving up 40m in the transfer maket every season.

Could invest better elsehere with less costs in better leagues and less of a handicap most likely.

Unless the investment helps pay back those levers in some way. Fuck knows.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Selling 49% might not be that feasible, in my opinion. I mean, for potential investors, putting a lot of money in the club yet not having full control gets them very few incentives to do it, I think. They surely want to take over 100% of the club to make it a money-making machine. In Bayern's case, the 3A's did get brand exposure (especially for Allianz) and perhaps they get discounted rates for commercial sponsorships as a result, but the 3A's still are paying Bayern for their sponsorships, at least in the case of Adidas. Sure they got some dividends in the past but that was chunk change. To me it was almost like charity by the German companies doing a huge favor to the posterchild of German club football, which is hard to replicate in our case. We have Juame Roures (a Cule himself I believe) and his Mediapro, that's pretty much it.

Might be where we are heading if we don't find some major success on the pitch soon with debt racking up and the stadium investment coming up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans