Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinBarcelonafan

Winning the CdR will only get you around 2m apparently. I'd rather we lose the 2m and sack this piece of clueless scheisse called Xavi. He will cost us more than 2m.

He already cost us way more than 2million in failed CL and EL. Not looking good. The team seems to get worse and worse.

jamrock

This is getting Ridiculous, need a turn around ASAP, if he's not up to the job resign.

I feared it was too soon for him, seems it could be that way.

That team we put out, even though Torres started, should be crushing inter Miami fc.

JamDav1982

Same mistakes.

Players are getting worse under him.

Needs to turn it around quickly and would be very luck to survive a defeat to Man Utd in Europa. Next to no other Barca coach would survive that many European defeats just because in top two in league.

Needs to get back to simplification... get wide players closer to the CF, get workrate and legs in the midfield and get them closer togethetr to try and dominate game and get more width from full backs.

Wouldnt be sacking him yet but if repeats same mistakes v United then he just isnt learning or progressing team/players in way needed and costing club far too much money when desperately need evey Euro.

Last edited:

Windhook

Wait, so Xavi has a brother that has nothing to do with football but he hired him as his assistant coach at Barcelona of all teams?

If we don't count his stint at local Catalan clubs, yes he didn't have a big football career as player, nor managerial one. Basically in his little brother's shadow since Qatar days.

jairzinho

Same mistakes.

Players are getting worse under him.

Needs to turn it around quickly and would be very luck to survive a defeat to Man Utd in Europa. Next to no other Barca coach would survive that many European defeats just because in top two in league.

Man Utd are currently on a 6 game win streak. Ten Haag has them playing really well, they seem to have turn a page. Will be a tough game.

JamDav1982

I don't know how professional it is. For example Carlo Ancelotti is taking his son everywhere as assistant, early as Bayern days.

Ancelottis son has worked his way up from fitness coach at top clubs and has proven his worth he got that fitness coach job after obtaining a degree in sports science in his early 20s and has UEFA license etc. He also speaks 5 languages which is extremely useful in todays football.

As a player some time in AC Milan as a youth but probably due to his connectons also but at least had that time in a club.

No doubt he was given a route in due to his father but just because relatives doesnt make situations the same.

What is Xavis brothers background before made assistant at Barca?

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

If we don't count his stint at local Catalan clubs, yes he didn't have a big football career as player, nor managerial one. Basically in his little brother's shadow since Qatar days.

I thought he is Xavi older brother, no?

Edit: he is over 3 years older than Xavi.
Had a football career till 2007 in lower division before retirement, then joined Xavi in Qatar in 2015.
TM has no documentation of what he did in those 8 years.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
I don't know how professional it is. For example Carlo Ancelotti is taking his son everywhere as assistant, early as Bayern days.

i agree with jamdav. ancelotti is a proven elite coach. if he wants to take his mom with him to every club, he should be allowed to.

xavi hasnt done anything. having his brother 'help' is unprofessional and outrageous.

khaled_a_d

Ancelotti is experinced coach, like really experienced.
It is more normal that he will have younger "yes man" as assistants.
Usually younger coaches prefers guys with experience to assist them.
Only time I saw a totally young combination was Pep and Tito, but the later had far better resume than Oscar Hernandez.
Nepotism always plays parts in careers and will always be, I have no problem Xavi wants his brother beside him but would have preferred a more senior assistant and for his brother to take a back seat for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans