Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowy

about that...

other stats like chances created, duels won etc are f'd up on squawka

so many times, I see ney, messi, zaha pull off more way more dribbles than they're being credited for

Also there's games where ziyech, eze, pedri or olise create tons of chances and it never shows on stats

That's f'd up!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Performance metrics/analytics is a great tool, but the match is still played on the pitch.

xG would tell you Spain is a top two or three national team in the World, but they're wank on the pitch versus good opponents.

iniestaGOAT

I have to agree with my man birdy, Barca fans are shook of Madrid and put them on a pedestal

3 cls in a row, 5 ucls and nobody remembers them like barcas winning teams

Because they lucked their way to CL wins and kept getting their ass handed to them domestically by the real best teams in the world at that time,Barca and atletico

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Xavi: "Busquets and the new system? The idea is to create a numerical superiority and find the free man. If they're too much empty spaces, it harms everyone, but most of all... Busquets."

I'm actually surprised to see him acknowledge this :lol: baby steps.

Andresito

Staff member
Never seen as much Madrid twerking from a Barca fan as from KL.

Maybe it's an effect of Barca being bad the past few years and that hyping Madrid up gets some sort of 'us vs them' feeling, us being Madrid & Barca and them being PL and the other big European sides.
There is some sort of psychological side to it with some copium involved I'm sure. But we all cope in different ways.

JohnN

There is an easy way to see xg and stats in general are NOT a representation, but an approximation of reality.

The calculated probability of something happening based on previous iterations has absolutely no impact on what will happen and cannot predict a single thing. You can calculate expected outcomes of lottery numbers and go test it, while throwing away all your money on the process to no avail.

Simple example. The Messi goal vs mexico, has a calculated probability of 1%. Put Messi in that scenario 100 times and see the result. Put Ferran Torres in that scenario and see the result. Guess what. The outcome will be massively different.

Xg does not account for player quality. Xg does not account for phycology.

Massive things in football are being omitted, so a simplistic, yet useful in the RIGHT hands, summary of an overall performance can be assessed.

Technology and science can be extremely useful if the people who use them have an understanding of what they are doing. If they don't, you end up with people using words as "refraction" to prove the Earth is flat.

KingLeo10

Never seen as much Madrid twerking from a Barca fan as from KL.

Maybe it's an effect of Barca being bad the past few years and that hyping Madrid up gets some sort of 'us vs them' feeling, us being Madrid & Barca and them being PL and the other big European sides.
There is some sort of psychological side to it with some copium involved I'm sure. But we all cope in different ways.

Pipe down, and read the argument being put forth, before frothing at the mouth and taking shots at me like you have the habit of doing.

If it's a comparison between the greatest CL sides of the modern era: Barca 08-09, 10-11, and 14-15 are superior to any of RM's 5 CL winning sides. Find me a single post where I've said otherwise.

If the argument is about whether RM were a top 3 side in Europe during the majority of their 5 CLs, then absolutely yes, considering the other top European sides they beat repeatedly. Thinking otherwise is living in a Barca bubble.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Last two games Busi came off bench to play DM the team were winning and playing better before he came on.

Both Espanyol and Betis they equalised and game finished all square.

Xavi delusion on Busi never ends.

No matter how bad he is in CL, no matter how bad he is for Spain. The likes of Xavi and Lucho just think others let him down.

Windhook

Of Madrids 5 recent CL wins -

13/14 - 87 points same as Barca in 2nd. 3rd on head to head.
15/16 - 2nd with 90 points and 1 behind Barca
16/17 - Champions on 93 pionts
17/18 - Third in table. 3 pts off Atleti in 2nd having started to rest players in CL from March.
21/22 - Champions

They havent been winning CL while being shit in league and that was at time when Barca/Atleti and Real were for large parts the best 3 in Europe.

Could argue that happend once in 17/18 and that is when they more or less gave up on trying to win title and focused on the CL.

I think Serghei is talking about ancient times. 1999/00 season when Real Madrid started with John Toshack, wandered in midtable all season until the Welshman was sacked and Del Bosque took charge to lead the club to CL final against Valencia, won comfortably.

JamDav1982

I think Serghei is talking about ancient times. 1999/00 season when Real Madrid started with John Toshack, wandered in midtable all season until the Welshman was sacked and Del Bosque took charge to lead the club to CL final against Valencia, won comfortably.

Liverpool won it being 5th in league.

Chelsea won it when 6th in league.

If want to go back 20+ years and further can find plenty of one off examples that can make out have influence today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans