Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

How well a team finishes and takes their chances also contributes to how strong a team is. xG is only a measure of the chances created but it doesn't factor how good a team is at finishing.

Madrid of course are excellent at finishing so will probably require less xG to win a game than another team.. Their great mentality plays into that and usually converting chances in high pressure situations that others might miss.

If all that mattered was xG Ferran Torres would be a top player. Unfortunately the skill of taking chances also matters and Madrid are great at that.

Of course finishing and goalkeeping plays a part here, I never denied that

The thing is:
1) It creates small deviation only if you take a significantly big interval of time to look at
Even the best players of all time, let's say Messi, you think they would always overperform their xG consistently, but there are times they do it, or they do it at crazy rate, there are other times they don't
Same with goalkeepers

2) I specifically used as an example the clear empty net chances Pulisic and Ziyec wasted at Bernabeu,
so that no idiot would talk about Courtois. In that game, RM should not take any credit for Chelsea players missing sitters. Isn't that so?Unless one is actually resorting to irrationalism

3) The most important point is:
When a team CONSISTENTLY is outdone on xG, and always manages somehow to scrap a result, you can't say that this team should get any credit for that.
Football-wise they were poor, and they bet on their GK to save their ass all the time, and their attackers to bail them out with crazy finishes
Then this is a BAD team
No elite coach/team sets up this way, and there is a reason for it: the teams that maximize their danger and minimize the opponent's danger, are the ones who in the long run win titles

That's what KL and other Madrid twerkers can't get
I can think of many teams that have great GKs and great finishers upfront, but they never end up winning titles, even cup titles, by letting their GK/attackers to bail them, when they are poor in dominating the game, creating chances, conceding no chances etc, that is the pure tactical aspect of the game

So KL's theory is dump because there is no theory that applies only to 1 team in the world and only 1 competition
End of story

Last edited:

KingLeo10

As usual, Birdy disappears and ducks the point about his selective use of xG and other such metrics :lol:

When xG and probabilities favor Argentina and Messi, this guy will instead twerk for a Spain who crashed out in GS while saying Argentina won DESPITE the "burden" of Messi (the most retarded take of all time) and were undeserved winners.

Pathetic

Last edited:

Birdy

As usual, Birdy disappears and ducks the point about his selective use of xG and other such metrics :lol:

When xG and probabilities favor Argentina and Messi, this guy will instead twerk for a Spain who crashed out in GS while saying Argentina won DESPITE the "burden" of Messi (the most retarded take of all time) and were undeserved winners.

Pathetic

Dude I never do selective use.
The xG maps from the Barca - Liverpool I was the first to post them here after the games.
Have said tons of times that Liverpool had big chances when they lost 3-0 and Barca had big chances when they lost 4-0
You just don't follow what I say consistently

Anything that is on topic?
Any answer to everything I have written down?

No, just good old fluffy cliches twerking for Madrid

Birdy

Copa America maybe

Still funny how he doubles down all the time too lol
Massively compensating for having a willy too small to admit defeat

Says someone who has never conceded a point on this platform
yeah that description suits you well

Birdy

Not tru
On both matters
If you wanna criticize, I have no problem with it But you have to be fair, and not cheat
you don't go by what KL says, you have to follow all my posts

to the point, It's true that I didn't think Argentina is anything special, and that any team with Messi has a burden to take care of
But I never said they were undeserved champions, that's totally made up
I said that they deserved it more than all the other strong NTs who appeared worse than what I expected. Look up and you will find it, I wrote it many times
Does that sound to you like I don't admit defeat?

KingLeo10

If you wanna criticize, I have no problem with it But you have to be fair, and not cheat
you don't go by what KL says, you have to follow all my posts

to the point, It's true that I didn't think Argentina is anything special, and that any team with Messi has a burden to take care of
But I never said they were undeserved champions, that's totally made up
I said that they deserved it more than all the other strong NTs who appeared worse than what I expected. Look up and you will find it, I wrote it many times
Does that sound to you like I don't admit defeat?

The real cretins are braindead fanboys like you who think a team can still be top with him being the center.

Barca looks great this season with Dembele being the difference maker in chance creation

PSG last year pretty top huh? With Messi as a corpse

Argentina? LOL, as if you can draw safe conclusions from NT competitions.

You still live in the past

I can see him saying he will stay until '26 if Argentina fails now.
Not unlike him

True, no team in this WC has reached the heights of Spain and Germany of the past

But, IMO there are several that have played better than Argentina.
France, Brazil, Spain (I know many would disagree), Portugal, even Germany

According to my standards,
winning with defensive football is only proper to small sides, like Marrocco this time around
I can't accept it for the big nations that have the best squads, like Brazil Argentina, France etc
Same at club level

25% of Argentina's xG created comes from penalties.
The graph you posted doesn't account for that

If someone carried the other in the current version of Argentina (Scaloni), it's his teammates that carried him for the first time the last 10 years or so,
and it was Messi that was carrying them before

Messi was carried by his teammates in Qatar 22 according to Birdy :lol:

Deal with it people: Messi was part of the problem, not of the solution.

There's like 50 other posts of you crying about Messi and Argentina and not taking the gigantic L you received. In beginning of 2022 when I posted about Argentina being 2nd favorites after France, you called me delusional and/or a troll.

:lol: :lol: Wolfe is spot on about your absolute inability to accept an L. Don't know whether it's the disgruntled old academic syndrome or massive overcompensation.

Birdy

Messi was carried by his teammates in Qatar 22 according to Birdy :lol:

There's like 50 other posts of you crying about Messi and Argentina and not taking the gigantic L you received. In beginning of 2022 when I posted about Argentina being 2nd favorites after France, you called me delusional and/or a troll.

:lol: :lol: Wolfe is spot on about your absolute inability to accept an L. Don't know whether it's the disgruntled old academic syndrome or massive overcompensation.

If you had evee taken an academic course, you would know what plagiarism is. Because that's what you do there
Taking a quote from Barca-related discussion and pasting it with Argentina-related quotes to make it sound like I wrote one after the other. Or quoting parts that suit your agenda, and leaving the rest out
But even then, there is no coherence between what you wanna prove

- Messi was part of the problem at Barca the last 5 years along with the other Amigos TRUE
- Messi was carried by his teammates in Qatar, true as well IMO. Dont' care if you disagree
- 25% of ARgenina's XG that someone posted was from pens, because people that do serious xG analysis always post non-pen xG. What does this has to do with anything?
- NT competitions are a bad yardstick for club football, and low level TRUE

Now enlighten us as to what these points have to do with taking an L

apart from my prediction that Argentina won't win it and other NTs that I mention have better chances, which I was the first one to admit I was wrong. (But you forgot to paste that, as it doesn't fit your agenda, so it's better to plagiarize, right?)
That normally should count as taking an L. But probably not enough for you: one should admit every stupidity is coming from a Messi fanboy mouth to really take an L LOL

PS: All that very rich coming from you who disappeared when I debunked with stats your stupid narrative on Dembele
You put the G+A metric forward as a yardstick. You expected him to be top50 at best. It was showed he is already top5 winger in G+A per 90 minutes,
you duck the point and disappeared
That sounds to me like not willing to take an L

Last edited:

KingLeo10

- Messi was carried by his teammates in Qatar, true as well IMO. Dont' care if you disagree

:lol: :lol:

Exhibit 1000 on inability to take a L

Of the 15 goals that Argentina scored, 10 (G+A) were Messi's contribution :lol:

One player with 67% of the WC winning team's goal output, and the objective, academic Birdy would have us believe he was carried by his teammates (such as Otamendi, Lautaro and the like) :lol:

Birdy

One player with 67% of the WC winning team's goal output, and the objective, academic Birdy would have us believe he was carried by his teammates (such as Otamendi, Lautaro and the like) :lol:

First If you wanna talk seriously and not like a clown, you exclude the pens from the G stat

Then, G+A really nothing to do with the point of 'carrying the team' but maybe your ability to grasp concepts can't get beyond that

Messi's teammates were running twice so that he can have the luxury not to defend and sit over the half way lines
Every movement they made in attack was so that he could have multiple passing lanes to get the ball to them in space
It was a system tailored to cover his flaws by Scaloni

Yeah, I know too hard for you
Go back to fanboying

snowy

anyone knows how squawka counts the chances created?

is it A.I. or a bunch of folks assigned to count the chances created by each player which could potentially lead to goals

getting the feeling squawka is pulling their numbers outta thin air :thinking:

Birdy

PLus, Like I said above
I am not willing to accept every stupidity is coming from a Messi fanboy mouth so that your almighty would grant me the status of 'taking an L'
Sorry

snowy

Birdy, everybody knows Flo made a pact with belzebutt for his CL voodoo streak but

you still have to give them some coin for pulling the wins

think of it as a brawler who's outboxed and outfoxed for 11 rounds

his face is all bruised up n bloody but then in the 12th, he starts swinging blindly and ko's the other dude with a lucky punch

it's an ugly win but he still had to throw the punch and survive the mauling he got :bash:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans