Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

How Ten Haag outfoxed Xavi

For anyone interested in understanding basic moves where ETH outsmarted Xavi.

The difference when you have an elite coach is that even moves that look crazy (playing Worghost as a CAM) have a logic behind them and yield results...

Barcilliant

For anyone interested in understanding basic moves where ETH outsmarted Xavi.

The difference when you have an elite coach is that even moves that look crazy (playing Worghost as a CAM) have a logic behind them and yield results...

Good video.

A few of us were screaming for Ten Hag to be appointed manager. I clearly remember saying that Laporta should have hired an interim coach and than hired Ten Hag for the new season.
Instead he took the populist route even though he himself questioned Xavis experience in the first of place.

khaled_a_d

If he had his way without doubt he plays the exact same 11 as vs Madrid. But it is not that simple if you look at the big picture. The schedule is insane and the squad is short.

I can understand that, although I don't agree, but it doesn't explain switching Araujo with Kounde which was an equal fuck up. Araujo complement Alonso as CB far better than Kounde.
It wasn't warranted tbh, exposed us in the middle and United targeted us from inside

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Played Araujo on RB to protect from Rushford only to ten Hag deploying Rushford on the other side.

Needs a lot to learn.

freetocan

I think we should be giving Fati and Ferran more opportunities, and against Cadiz would therefore be a perfect chance to rotate.

Fact is, Busquets, Gavi and Pedri have all played too much. Hence the injuries.

How many minutes has Christensen played this season vs Busquets or Pedri?

Yet Christensen was the one who was sacrificed.
Ferran is totally useless. I am so surprised that Xavi did not realize it yet. Tbh, I should not be surprised.
Any other player, even from team B, would be better than this zero quality player. When he comes in,Barca switch from 11 to 10 100%. Look more close to him and notice if he really does anything with the ball, and do not forget. He is a winger or at least I got it but no skill to dribble at all. Why you should bring on Earth this kind of player in a team like Barca? I will continue ask myself and not only this question?.

freetocan

Not only that, he subbed off our only threat in Raphinha :lol: or was he resting him for Cadiz? :rofl1:

Literally braindead
Even Raphinia was so hungry when he saw that is subbed. For sure, everybody noticed his angry including the brothers Hernandez. You take out Raphinia and bring in NOBODY ( fuck Torres). Xavi is out of mind?

Givenchy

Even Raphinia was so hungry when he saw that is subbed. For sure, everybody noticed his angry including the brothers Hernandez. You take out Raphinia and bring in NOBODY ( fuck Torres). Xavi is out of mind?

Raphinha was pissed and I don't blame him. Bizarre decisions all around.

Mood after this match: :nasser:

iniestaGOAT

May have missed on Ten Hag?. He definitely out coached Xavi today? even though Xavi shot himself in the foot.

Out coached him and came away with a draw?
2 always goals when away goals have no value?
All of united and PL fanboys are celebrating this draw like they won the UCL. No fucking Shame.

vegitot

Dembele has 8 goals and 7 assists (15 G + A) in 1,862 minutes this season

https://www.transfermarkt.us/ousmane-dembele/leistungsdaten/spieler/288230

Raphinha has 7 goals and 9 assists (16 G + A) in 1,672 minutes this season

https://www.transfermarkt.us/raphinha/leistungsdaten/spieler/411295

Dembele is DEFINITELY a better player than Raphinha (before you all lose your minds) but the Dembele stans are making him seem like he had the production of prime Messi. Calma

Not only about goals and assists. When Dembele attacks you feel he can bring some danger. Raphinha you don't feel it.

Still Dembele usually ghosts in big/important games, moments so we never know. But clearly the team miss him.

vegitot

Working for one of the top pharmas/biotechs in the world these days, incidentally under the umbrella (broadly) of data science. My academic background is known around these parts in the COVID threads from several years ago. So, I would say I know a thing or two. My main issue with you, if we're being serious, is you are essentially the antithesis of what a person who applies statistics should do. You don't state/ question assumptions made in the methodology and you're entirely far too confident in your conclusions. To the point of being arrogant. Ask any serious statistician, and unilaterally you'll hear: Interpret with caution/context.

Your assertion is there is no difference in value between off an on target shots. What you then proceed to do is provide an edge case scenario. Would you agree, that in expectation (on average), on target shots are more valuable than off target shots. Because the vast majority of off-target shots aren't "ones skyrocketed from in front of an empty net".

Notice how this relates to my above point. Too arrogant, not critical thinking enough.

Lol imagine saying a shot on target and off target is no different :lol:

Well, don't want to jump into this discussion but Sofascore just has new xGOT stat (xG on target). While xG is about the quality of the chance but doesn't tell the quality of the shot. With xGOT, you can have better view. Let's say:

- If xGOT >= xG, the shot is very quality.
- If xGOT < xG, the shot is poor.

xGOT also displays the quality of GK's save.

Saying shot on and off target is no different is a joke. No clue about football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans