Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailor Mars

Raphinha was pretty frustrated about Xavi's decision to sub him off. The team also would've noticed Xavi making dumb rotations in a big European game that the team really wanted to win.

This is the type of managerial performance that makes a manager lose the dressing room.

Xavi better be careful going forward.

Last edited:
I stopped blaming him for being a terrible manager, thats on laporta for choosing him.
On the other hand, i cant blame laporta b.c i know we are btoke and hiring a top manager is not an option. We just dont have an option

Messigician

Xavi's record at Camp Nou in the European competitions.

🤝 0-0 vs Benfica
🤝 1-1 vs Napoli
🤝 0-0 vs Galatasaray
❌ 2-3 vs Eintracht Frankfurt
✅ 5-1 vs Viktoria Plzen
🤝 3-3 vs Inter Milan
❌ 0-3 vs Bayern Munich

Andresito

Staff member
It frustrates me so much that our backline is our biggest strength this season, and in a crucial game he decides to go with 0 of that back 4 that made us so solid. Kounde/Araujo played out of position, Alba and Alonso in. If you want to shuffle around then do so with 3 of the regulars in the lineup intact, and that includes playing them at positions they've been good at. There was absolutely no point having Araujo defend against Sancho while Kounde and Alonso were in charge of Rashford.

So fucking amateurish to highlight Rashford as the biggest threat but move our best CB out of the way for him to RB and bench the second best CB.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Genuinely don't understand what he was trying to do? the rotation excuse is absurd.

I stopped blaming him for being a terrible manager, thats on laporta for choosing him.
On the other hand, i cant blame laporta b.c i know we are btoke and hiring a top manager is not an option. We just dont have an option

You don't think think ten Hag would of come to manage us if we went for him rather than a manager who is learning their trade? Don't think Money is an issue rather more so its La Ligas stupidly implement and strict FFP that was obviously geared towards forcing clubs to sign a stupid CVC deal.

Last edited:

fergus90

His record in Europe is poor, considering we've now played 4 home Europa League games and not picked up a win is depressing.

With Pedri now joining Dembele on the treatment table, we are heading to Old Trafford with a major lack of creativity.

BBZ8800

His record in Europe is poor, considering we've now played 4 home Europa League games and not picked up a win is depressing.

With Pedri now joining Dembele on the treatment table, we are heading to Old Trafford with a major lack of creativity.

Top level opponents: 6 matches, 0 wins
Bayern 0:3
Bayern 0:2
Inter 0:1
Inter 3:3
Bayern 0:3
Man Utd 2:2

Mid level opponents: 7 matches, 2 wins
Benfica 0:0
Napoli 1:1
Napoli 4:2
Galatasaray 0:0
Galatasaray 2:1
Eintracht 1:1
Eintrach 2:3

Weak opponents: 2 matches, 2 wins
Plzen 5:1
Plzen 4:2

Total:
Against top level: 6 matches, 0 wins
Against top and mid level: 13 matches, 2 wins
Total: 15 matches, 4 wins

Against strong opponents:
-- we have kept a clean sheet: 0 times
-- we have conceded only 1 goal: 1 time out of 6
-- we have conceded 2 or 3 goals: 5 times out of 6 matches
-- we have scored a goal on a match: 2 times out of 6 matches

I am not sure how people think that we can win even Europa league with these level of stats.

Andresito

Staff member
Would like to see our Liga XI in Europe. The backline we've had in Europe is bad.

Our best game was arguably against Bayern away (at least first half was very good). Then we played Alonso, AC, Araujo, Kounde.

Other backlines have been:
Inter: Alonso, Christensen, Eric, Roberto
Inter: Alonso, Pique, Eric, Roberto
Bayern: Balde, Alonso, Kounde, Bellerin

Alonso for some reason is clear cut starter in Europe.

No wonder we concede like crazy.

fergus90

I swear Alonso has barely played in the league but gets all his minutes in Europe. It's like Xavi freezes on these big European occasions and rather than risk getting beat with his ideal lineup and tactics he makes these ridiculous decisions where age and experience trumps everything else. Ten Hag probably couldn't believe his luck when he saw the line up. On top of all that, one of your most creative players gets injured so not only do you not win your home leg, you go to the away leg with a depleted squad anyway.

And yes La Liga is the priority but if you cannot beat 15th place Cadiz at Camp Nou with the odd defensive rotation to ensure everyone is fit for the EL then there is a problem. It's not like we had Real or Atletico away on the weekend.

Quite evidently it means a lot to the fans too with the 90k + attendance last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans