Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

TacticsTim

The team plays just as bad in la Liga except Spanish players don't know how to shoot and score goals. The opportunities that teams get every game vs Barca would be converted into several goals by any top team.

Rory

Winning 7 games 1-0 ain't luck, when it happens consistently it has to be by design, defensive has been great, mats just as great, a bit of luck is always involved when's striking at goal, but don't diminish what they'd done by chucking it all up to look.

Not diminishing them, unless you just mean Xavi. Of course he's been fortunate that the goalkeeper has been in the best form of his life and that we have a very solid set of defenders. We haven't had that in years.

JamDav1982

Not diminishing them, unless you just mean Xavi. Of course he's been fortunate that the goalkeeper has been in the best form of his life and that we have a very solid set of defenders. We haven't had that in years.

It is part of the coaches job to get the best from his players as well though.

Cant have a go at Xavi for losing when players play poorly then claim it is luck they play well.

MATS, Araujo, FDJ, Dembele etc all played some of their best football at Barca under him.

For Xavi I think he is learning on job and caught out in Europe as it is a big jump from the pace/power that face in La Liga.

Yesterdays tactics were really poor and needs to do a lot better next week.

Last edited:

Rory

He's been lucky Mats has been in the best form of his life, and possibly best player in la liga this year. in 5/7 of the 1-0 victories the opposition has had a higher xG. xG isn't everything but generally a pretty good indicator of chances created in a match.

If Xavi is responsible for mats improvement then all credit to him and take back saying he's fortunate mats has been as good as he has been.

xXKonan

All I'm thinking about is Xavi's dumbass obsession with Alonso is because he's left-footed and tall enough to play as a CB for build-up purposes and that seems more important to him in these games than actual fucking defending.

Like shit my guy we won CLs and Leagues with two right-footed CBs and beaten teams like Real Madrid silly in Classicos with two Right footed CBs.

FinBarcelonafan

ETH after the game - 'We dominated, disappointed we didn't win the game. Finish it off back home'.

Xavi after the game - 'We should be proud of ourselves. We competed against a top European team. United is back'.

After having a better team at the Camp Nou at that. Cuck mentality :lol:

True. Unbelievable mentality on the European game.

FinBarcelonafan

All I'm thinking about is Xavi's dumbass obsession with Alonso is because he's left-footed and tall enough to play as a CB for build-up purposes and that seems more important to him in these games than actual fucking defending.

Like shit my guy we won CLs and Leagues with two right-footed CBs and beaten teams like Real Madrid silly in Classicos with two Right footed CBs.

Exactly. Defending is way more important in Europe because we can't outscore our opponents. We are not more skilled in offense, especially CL. Leaking goals is the first huge mistake in CL. As long as your defense is great and solid, you can beat anyone..

JohnN

We have progressed massively from last season. And ofcourse over the koeman season. But you have to wonder how much of this improvement is due to Xavi and how much is dependent on the player's progression and purchases.
I think, if we do see, and we clearly do, his mistakes, we should also see his good attributes.
But again, these experiment shouldn't be done in such ties.

iniestaGOAT

We have progressed massively from last season. And ofcourse over the koeman season. But you have to wonder how much of this improvement is due to Xavi and how much is dependent on the player's progression and purchases.
I think, if we do see, and we clearly do, his mistakes, we should also see his good attributes.
But again, these experiment shouldn't be done in such ties.

It's Manchester United. Small team.

Winning there will be easier than Villarreal away we won't recently.

Calma, you all don't know ball at all. Bunch of casuals here.

Let xavi cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans