Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

jairzinho

Exactly. We used to be humiliated in CL, now it's EL.. what is left? Confederation league or whatever it's called. :D

We are dropping levels. We need to raise our standards. Currently we can't even compete in EL .

Haha. Precisely. The bar keeps dropping lower and lower. We used to be serial CL bottlers now we've fully transitioned to serial EL bottlers. If the current trend continues, there's a good chance we finish dead last in the group next season. With Xavi's record in Europe, anything can happen.

What did people honestly expect today? We started our 5th and 6th choice midfielders. If full strength Bob certainly does not play and Kessie might not have either.

Ok, fair, but you could also argue that if we had gotten out the group, we would not have been in this mess in the first place. Huge L for Xavi either way.

Barcilliant

Rapinha and lewa were starters.

Who was on the bench for him to bring?

Yeah, they were starters but you missed the point. They were HIS signings and Lewa has been ok but Raphinia has been crap. He took the call to sign these guys in the first place.

😂 people trying to sweep this under the carpet. A round of 32 loss in the fucking Europa league.
Xavis record in Europe is indefensible.
There are no excuses. Get over it.

Leong157

The leauge, CDR, Madrid priority stuff is just a club PR at work.

You don't pull all those levers just to be eliminated from 32 round of Europa.

Laporta,and Xavi to some extent, wanted a short term success. They fxcked up. Accept it.

How incredibly naive some of you guys to buy into this PR stuff.

jamrock

The leauge, CDR, Madrid priority stuff is just a club PR at work.

You don't pull all those levers just to be eliminated from 32 round of Europa.

Laporta,and Xavi to some extent, wanted a short term success. They fxcked up. Accept it.

How incredibly naive some of you guys to buy into this PR stuff.

So they expected to win the CL in their first season & well as the league? Is that what your saying? 😂.

Guarantee not one soul at the club thought we'd get pass at poss the QF of the CL, that was out final.

So we fell 2 steps short, let's go burn down the camp Nou

Leong157

So they expected to win the CL in their first season & well as the league? Is that what your saying? 😂.

Guarantee not one soul at the club thought we'd get pass at poss the QF of the CL, that was out final.

So we fell 2 steps short, let's go burn down the camp Nou

I don't know how far the club think how far we should go in the CL but I can guarantee you it's definitely not 32 round of EL.

For me, 16 round of CL or 4 round of EL is the least we should achieve with all those levers and the "we are back" talk at the beginning of season.

edit: And I'm not saying win the CL. What word in my post implies that?

jamrock

If at the end of the season we win the league & let's say man utd wins the Europa league, which one do you think will be remember 5 years for now.

Because I'm sure few here can tell us what year man utd won the EL lol.

Much less who was the last 16 teams in the CL last year or even last 8, without googling it.

Only thing that matters at the end of the day is winning & we have zero shot at winning it this year.

Givenchy

He isn't to blame for what happened last night honestly. Barca fold like a house of cards when the going gets tough, happened under Ernie, happened under Setien, happened under Koeman and it's still ongoing. This club is cursed. You can't even blame the amigos now as most of them are gone, we have turned into serial losers. It's like Barca sold it's soul for the GOAT and golden generation and now we are to spend eternity in this endless loop.

Saying that, he must go at the end of the season, even if he does win La Liga. It's blatantly obvious we are going nowhere with Xavi as manager. Winning this weak ass league is not enough anymore, neither is a Copa. I don't expect a CL win but exiting at group stages twice and then going out of Europa league twice is pathetic and both are sackable offences.

Barto is a cunt but y'know what? Laporta could go down as our worst ever president, not kidding; he mortgaged the clubs future on a CL run and with that money he bought in useless cunts who we will struggle to sell on, nice one Joan.

Leong157

Of course few here can tell you what year United wins the EL, this is Barca board afterall. Same goes for no United fan can tell who win La Liga 5 years ago without google it.

Going deep in the CL or EL means more money which is what we also desperately needed at the moment.

No one here is saying we should ditch the Liga for EL. Just that with the squad we have, 32 round of EL is a HUGE disappointment also considering the MONEY SPENT.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Of course few here can tell you what year United wins the EL, this is Barca board afterall. Same goes for no United fan can tell who win La Liga 5 years ago without google it.

Going deep in the CL or EL means more money which is what we also desperately needed at the moment.

No one here is saying we should ditch the Liga for EL. Just that with the squad we have, 32 round of EL is a HUGE disappointment considering the MONEY SPENT.

CL = money
La Liga = money
EL= no money

Just correcting last part of your post lil bro, keep cooking

iniestaGOAT

Yeah, they were starters but you missed the point. They were HIS signings and Lewa has been ok but Raphinia has been crap. He took the call to sign these guys in the first place.

�� people trying to sweep this under the carpet. A round of 32 loss in the fucking Europa league.
Xavis record in Europe is indefensible.
There are no excuses. Get over it.

I was depressed for a little bit but after analyzing the games I have come to the coclusion they essentially they beat our B team once and drew once.

Full strength we smash them.

LESSSGOOOOOOO

MTL_Barca

I don't get why we see not advancing against United as a failure.
They have a hugely larger squad of averagely better players and a more experienced coach.
What was the expectation here? We are broke and they have spent billions the last 10 years.
On top of that we were missing 3 of our best players.
Get a grip. This fanbase is delusional.

We shouldn't even be in EL in the first place. Horrible CL record, then go down to EL and instantly get knocked out there too. Not a good look for Xavi, so far the only international game he won was vs Pilzen.

United is strong no question, but overall that's just a bad performance by us. We didn't spend so much money to end up with these results. If United squad is so much better that's also down to us paying 120M for Raphinha and Ferran who don't perform well enough, even Lewandowski looks questionable tbh. Biggest impact for United is their coach, something Xavi couldn't show in Europe so far.

We can't afford another shit season next year, we have to go far in CL for once again. Our recent record is horrendous for the standards of an elite club.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Winning the league is not enough, we have to be competitive in Europe, specifically the CL.
We cannot be considered an elite club until we start competing in CL.
We are wasting time with Xavi.
We invested heavily in him and were expecting to at least get out of the group stage. Now we are stuck with our own version of OGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans