Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard.H

Winning the league is enough. Name me a top team in Europe besides RM, Bayern, City, and PSG where only winning league isn’t enough? Two of those four clubs I mentioned are a lock for their respective leagues too.

Can he do better? Yes. We have had a horrible record in Europe since 2020. there’s a lot of improvements that need to be made from coaching perspective and player perspective in Europe

iniestaGOAT

Winning the league is enough. Name me a top team in Europe besides RM, Bayern, City, and PSG where only winning league isn’t enough? Two of those four clubs I mentioned are a lock for their respective leagues too.

Can he do better? Yes. We have had a horrible record in Europe since 2020. there’s a lot of improvements that need to be made from coaching perspective and player perspective in Europe

Winning the league is enough. This season.

But I fear we might choke the lead.

We need to bounce back and beat Madrid in semis and hope they drop points vs atletico

Iniesta Ultra

City aren't locked in.

I'm actually sad I have to wait till next season before seeing our next European embarrassment.

Last edited:

delancey

Barcelona will be entering March having been eliminated from all European competitions for the first time in 24 years, in the 1998-99 season. 2010misterchip

serghei

We will get there. It's a matter of fixing the finances, and seeing our young core mature. Nobody does great in CL at their first attempt, with half the team having little to no European experience.

One thing though, we need to get more inspired transfers in offense.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

If you consider 2m money compared to 100m from la liga and probably more from CL

its no money

In 2019/20 and 2020/21, Barca earned 126m revenue from home matches.
Since the club plays 25-ish home matches per season, we earn around 4-5m euros on each home match.

So, if we would have reached the final, we would have played 3 more home matches.
Which is 12-15m lost plus Uefa money (and more tv money probably, right?)

So, theoretically we could have earned at least 15-20m more with reaching a final.

Also, indirectly we lose a lot of future sponsor money and shirt sales with these exits because except for hard core fans, no one will buy shirts from a team who loses against everyone and where you don't have clear superstars in a team besides finished Lewandowski.

FCBfan22

Injuries and all that... Oky

But the simple fact is that Xavi was badly outcoached by Ten Hag mid-game. We did fine the 1st half, but ETH saw the space we were leaving on our left side and ploped on Antony to exploit that.

As soon as we concieded 1st goal, Xavi should have solidified the left flank. Bring on Alba for Bob.we were getting cut through like butter on that side. But he failed to do that until it was too late.

You can get away with things like that in the league, but not in the European knock-out competitions. Hopefully he learns from that, but I doubt it.

Nazario1985

League is not enough ������.

Getting to that CL around of 16 is what defines success these days.

Funny how times changes expectations.

When we were winning the league year after year. the league was meh ... but now it's enough ..

The current level of LL is clear to everyone in the world = SHIT

Bar RM no team is Europe ready

Fans we'll be back to that late 90's mentality : yes we are shit everywhere in Europe but at least we did beat MR. :hooray:

MTL_Barca

The league title would be good for this season, even though we shouldn't forget that it still comes with a big cost. We basically bought Lewandowski to get that one, while failing big time in Europe. Still good and not something we could expect, but we invested a lot for it considering the limited money we had.

But that's only for this season, next season we absolutely have to step it up in CL. Going through to RO16 shouldn't even be in question, it should really be about seriously competing. What is far from a sure thing considering we apparently can't beat anyone currently.

Financially EL doesn't matter, but if we talk about experience for our younger players then a good run or even title there could've helped them a lot.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Funny how times changes expectations.

When we were winning the league year after year. the league was meh ... but now it's enough ..

The current level of LL is clear to everyone in the world = SHIT

Bar RM no team is Europe ready

Fans we'll be back to that late 90's mentality : yes we are shit everywhere in Europe but at least we did beat MR. :hooray:

And we have to beat Eruope ready RM to win the league

So whats your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans