Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

We have to accept that clearly Xavi and the board don't seem to think competing in Europe, against the best, is important for the club anymore.

We will keep seeing this over and over as Xavi is happy to 'try again next season' and just happy about how we managed to keep the scoreline close.

The problem is, he can keep accepting defeats in these cup competitions, but if things go wrong in Liga, we will be left with no trophies.

It's not like that. The team gave everything to go through in terms of motivation, that's how it looked to me. The fact that the league was the priority was seen because we could not rotate and keep our main players fresher. We had tough games away to Betis, Villareal, Atletico etc. Quite a hard schedule filled with very tricky away games in the league building up to this EL tie. And it showed in terms of injuries.

What we need to do is make sure we have more players we can use. Get rid of the flops and sign new players, hopefully with better judgment.

We simply could not chase all competitions with what we have in terms of squad posibilities. Even though the players and the manager clearly wanted to. We had to make choices.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

I feel the same way but this forum thinks the league is the holy grail and we have gone from cl humiliations to el humiliations.

We are sinking even further but majority of people are satisfied with our current situation.

Absolutely mind boggling.

Exactly. We used to be humiliated in CL, now it's EL.. what is left? Confederation league or whatever it's called. :D

We are dropping levels. We need to raise our standards. Currently we can't even compete in EL .

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm not expecting us to win the Champions League, heck didn't even expect us to win the Europa League, but is competing and actually getting past to the next stage too much to ask for?

Literally just asking for a R16, but cannot even get that.

Barcelona have just won one of their last 15 games in Europe against teams from the top 5 European leagues. [opta].

Honestly one of the most pathetic records I've ever seen. It's incredible.

Furthermore, while some players certainly have progressed under Xavi you have to wonder whether the overall play of the team is even sustainable? We lose control constantly versus scrubs in La Liga too. It's not like this only happens in Europe.

It's just that we get punished for it in Europe because the quality of the competition is higher than in La Liga which is probably at its lowest point since the very early 2000s.

A part of our great defensive record in La Liga is due to ter Stegen playing out of his damn mind and La Liga forwards being awful.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

I'm not expecting us to win the Champions League, heck didn't even expect us to win the Europa League, but is competing and actually getting past to the next stage too much to ask for?

Literally just asking for a R16, but cannot even get that.

Barcelona have just won one of their last 15 games in Europe against teams from the top 5 European leagues. [opta].

Honestly one of the most pathetic records I've ever seen. It's incredible.

Furthermore, while some players certainly have progressed under Xavi you have to wonder whether the overall play of the team is even sustainable? We lose control constantly versus scrubs in La Liga too. It's not like this only happens in Europe.

It's just that we get punished for it in Europe because the quality of the competition is higher than in La Liga which is probably at its lowest point since the very early 2000s.

A part of our great defensive record in La Liga is due to ter Stegen playing out of his damn mind and La Liga forwards being awful.

Well said.

wisconsincule

What did people honestly expect today? We started our 5th and 6th choice midfielders. If full strength Bob certainly does not play and Kessie might not have either.

Europa league is whatever in my eyes. If the team can win La Liga and knock Madrid out of the Copa del Rey then the season can still be a success. Winning La Liga and being in Pot 1 would be massive for us in terms of future European success.

Barcilliant

It's not like that. The team gave everything to go through in terms of motivation, that's how it looked to me. The fact that the league was the priority was seen because we could not rotate and keep our main players fresher. We had tough games away to Betis, Villareal, Atletico etc. Quite a hard schedule filled with very tricky away games in the league building up to this EL tie. And it showed in terms of injuries.

What we need to do is make sure we have more players we can use. Get rid of the flops and sign new players, hopefully with better judgment.

We simply could not chase all competitions with what we have in terms of squad posibilities. Even though the players and the manager clearly wanted to. We had to make choices.

Lol more excuses.

We need to get kod from Europa conference league. Complete the circle of humiliation.

Laporta the idiot saying there are no transition seasons at Barca. He is looking like a right clown now. Same with his hired tool.

iniestaGOAT

Lol more excuses.

We need to get kod from Europa conference league. Complete the circle of humiliation.

Laporta the idiot saying there are no transition seasons at Barca. He is looking like a right clown now. Same with his hired tool.

Um he isn't unless we choke league title

So for now, only one looking like a clown is you

jamrock

We have to accept that clearly Xavi and the board don't seem to think competing in Europe, against the best, is important for the club anymore.

We will keep seeing this over and over as Xavi is happy to 'try again next season' and just happy about how we managed to keep the scoreline close.

The problem is, he can keep accepting defeats in these cup competitions, but if things go wrong in Liga, we will be left with no trophies.

Next season, is literally the next season, this is the first full season, club (Laporta & Xavi) has put a team out they they made.

Nothing at all wrong with saying we'll try again next season when it's put into context.

You'd think they been in charge for 3+ years.

Barcilliant

What did people honestly expect today? We started our 5th and 6th choice midfielders. If full strength Bob certainly does not play and Kessie might not have either.

Europa league is whatever in my eyes. If the team can win La Liga and knock Madrid out of the Copa del Rey then the season can still be a success. Winning La Liga and being in Pot 1 would be massive for us in terms of future European success.

Did you even watch the match?

We were able to control the game in the first half and be somewhat decent. Second half Utd score ,make some changes and we go to pieces. Xavi barely reacts. His subs are Ferran and fucking Alonso.

Get a grip.

iniestaGOAT

We were able to control the game in the first half and be somewhat decent. Second half Utd score ,make some changes and we go to pieces. Xavi barely reacts. His subs are Ferran and fucking Alonso.

Get a grip.

This guy is so delusional. Did you see the bench? Who else is he supposed to bring Einstein

iniestaGOAT

Hahahaha says the Xavi simp. In Europe your boy has flopped yet again.

He will be gone next season guaranteed and hopefully you will leave with him too!!!

You delusional baldy

Xavi ain't my boy, but if he wins the league I will forget about the European losses

As far as I am concerned it never happened

wisconsincule

Get a grip.

Lol I think you are the one who lost the plot here.

I?m not defending Xavi by any means. He fucked up the line up last week and should have changed his tactics earlier in the second half today. However it?s not like he had a ton of options with players to bring on..

This Europa league match means nothing to me. If Barca can win the league then all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans