Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Should we keep him if we win LaLiga, or is it a poisoned chalice and just take it and run?

We should, sad reality is that it is very unlikely a replacement will be there. Biggest available names are Lucho and Tuchel, I am a bit skeptical about trying to recycle past success (unless it is Pep) and Tuchel is a bit anticlimactic tbh.

But
He should have less power and renewal talks shouldn't start in summer (usually it is automatic to happen, to give coach some assurance).
The planning of the squad should have some long term vision, with an eye to live post Xavi being here.

Historically, coaches who were past Barca legends like Pep and Lucho get a huge increase in power after first season and there success there, but both get a treble tbf and Xavi got this type of power from the get to go.

More importantly, I think we need someone to support and share the workload with Jordi Crujif, someone replacing Planas role. Don't know if there is someone there but we already tried to get the Betis SD

Leong157

I just watched the highlights. Missed the match because of some works.

WTF all of our chances come from crossing and set pieces. Someone who watch live please tell me there were more to it than that.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I just watched the highlights. Missed the match because of some works.

WTF all of our chances come from crossing and set pieces. Someone who watch live please tell me there were more to it than that.

47 crosses so... not sure how to tell you this but yeah it was that bad.

jamrock

Terrible game from us, couldn't create anything, just shows how important pedri & Dembele are to us, the only players we have that can create off the dribble.

Could have been 9 points clean instead we lost a point, not good.

But just goes to show winning a league title isn't "easy".

ajnotkeith

Our defensive record is still absolutely incredible. 8 goals taken in 23 games.

I really don't understand how we have achieved those Chelsea 04 style numbers with this defense, that looks okay at best. We are giving up several big chances a game even against random relegation teams like Cadiz or Almeria.

Just have to hope that it isn't luck otherwise we will get bitten in the ass.

malvolio

I have no doubt we will end up choking the lead and dropping points in 3 out of our next 6 games.

Finished team.

If you look at what happened last season, this could very well be true.

1. Get dumped from CL
2. Get on a good run at the turn of the year
3. Get dumped from EL
4. Crumble starting from March

Last edited:

Porque

Could definitely be the start of a momentum change at worse, or a mini dip at best.

Madrid two-legs will tell us which.

Watched basically every PSG game this season, because they have been crap and I enjoy seeing them lose, but they had that little switch a week ago against Lille. A game they had no business winning, but the manner it happened lifted the whole side.

We're the opposite of that against Almeria. Almost feeling sorry for ourselves.

Big test next for Xavi. I don't really care for the Almeria game performance, because in a 38 league campaign you are going to have those awful games.

Even in Peps majestic treble season, (iirc) we should have gone out of Copa versus Mallorca and Pinto saved that penalty. So it happens.

But the important thing is the reaction. And Madrid have their belief back. And that 6 foot 18 year old that we rejected looks rather good too.

Rory

Xavi has to comprehensively win the league and cup to keep his job imo. He was given 2 chances in europe this season and failed at the first hurdle both times. A club like Tottenham wouldn't be happy with that and might end up with the manager getting the sack. We should have the highest standards, otherwise this long standing culture of it's ok to lose lives on.

wisconsincule

Now that Lewandowski is injured I expect more dropped points and bad losses in the Copa. Not that he was doing that much but our only available forwards can’t score either

Really unfortunate that the season is coming crashing down.

Iniesta Ultra

Could definitely be the start of a momentum change at worse, or a mini dip at best.

Madrid two-legs will tell us which.

Watched basically every PSG game this season, because they have been crap and I enjoy seeing them lose, but they had that little switch a week ago against Lille. A game they had no business winning, but the manner it happened lifted the whole side.

We're the opposite of that against Almeria. Almost feeling sorry for ourselves.

Big test next for Xavi. I don't really care for the Almeria game performance, because in a 38 league campaign you are going to have those awful games.

Even in Peps majestic treble season, (iirc) we should have gone out of Copa versus Mallorca and Pinto saved that penalty. So it happens.

But the important thing is the reaction. And Madrid have their belief back. And that 6 foot 18 year old that we rejected looks rather good too.

Some good bargaining here. Golden era we never turned complete cowards with a coach demanding more intensity applying pinnacle of cowardly tactics. There's really no suspense of disbelief he's been able to get away with this for so long. I hope Madrid help free us from this tyranny by winning every remaining clasico this season. Would be justice if Elche embarrass us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans