Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

By the way, I've seen enough this season to feel confident that ETH is a whole tier or two above Xavi as manager. Xavi's starting of Alonso and Alba at Camp Nou will turn out to be a season crumbling mistake. I'm baffled as to how a genius of a player like him can't understand the concept of momentum and confidence.

In fact, had it not been for CR7's antics at the beginning of the season, United might have had a great shot at EPL lol. To me, it looks like we're fast approaching United 13-21 or Liverpool 09-17 times where we basically can't beat any serious team in Europe.

The only big ties that United won in Europe in that 8 year stretch was PSG (because it's PSG lol) and Ajax (bunch of teenagers).

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
I think ETH and Guardiola set themselves apart from many coaches for a very specific reason that will also prevent them from ever failing hard.

There is a special breed of coaches that occupy themselves 24/7 with their profession. That's my take. And it's not because they are workaholics, it's simply because they have an outrageous passion for the game and profession.
That is what allows them to micro-manage so many aspects and put in so many extra hours. It comes easy to them. Not only will they be better prepared for games but it has the extra effect of winning players' respect.

Could be wrong.

Givenchy

ETH is the best manager in the world right now, kinda harsh to compare Xavi. I know United only won a mickey mouse cup so far but I feel had they not fucked around earlier in the season, they'd probably win the league ahead of Arsenal. Really likeable guy as well, blows my mind Barca never even looked at him. And before Jammy comes in here spouting the usual "PL club interested he would never chose Barca" I think he'd of relished bringing a new era here with Frenkie running the midfield.

Xavi is a Qatar league level manager, not saying he won't ever improve but it was obvious he should earn his stripes at a midtable club before making the big step up to Barca. I blame Laporta most of all for this mess. If he's going to hire a manager learning on the job, temper expectations and accept we are in a rebuilding stage but no, let's pull economic levers and sell our future going all in, CL or nothing with a novice running the show. This is some Barto level shit.

Horatio

You're welcome
ETH is the best manager in the world right now, kinda harsh to compare Xavi. I know United only won a mickey mouse cup so far but I feel had they not fucked around earlier in the season, they'd probably win the league ahead of Arsenal. Really likeable guy as well, blows my mind Barca never even looked at him. And before Jammy comes in here spouting the usual "PL club interested he would never chose Barca" I think he'd of relished bringing a new era here with Frenkie running the midfield.

I don't think Ten Hag would have picked Barca either. It's not necessarily about PL job looking like a more exciting venture. Our board sucks and financial issues. Too unstable of an environment. The way Laporta stabbed Koeman in the back could have possibly also put an end to Ten Hag choosing Barca.

fergus90

ETH showed his class at Ajax, built two very good sides there because the first one got completely decimated and he basically repeated the job. Of course coaching Bayern II whilst Guardiola was first team manager was probably also valuable.

He's a man who carries himself with the greatest authority too and never settles for anything but success.

JohnN

ETH could have come here with the right incentive. It's not productive to assume anyway, anyone could be right and we will never no. But apart from that. Did we ever bother to bring him, or was it xavi first choice.
If we made a contact and he rejected us, I am not sure how many other options were clearly better than Xavi. Yes, he needed more experience. But what can you do.

Horatio

You're welcome
ETH could have come here with the right incentive. It's not productive to assume anyway, anyone could be right and we will never no. But apart from that. Did we ever bother to bring him, or was it xavi first choice.
If we made a contact and he rejected us, I am not sure how many other options were clearly better than Xavi. Yes, he needed more experience. But what can you do.

People speculate on Laporta wanting to have a German coach. Xavi was second choice for him.

jairzinho

By the way, I've seen enough this season to feel confident that ETH is a whole tier or two above Xavi as manager..

Hardly surprising. One has spent years coaching in Europe and CL making a name for himself while the other's only experience was in a pub league.

Barcilliant

This is going to end up in an ugly way. Injuries and loss of momentum PLUS a completely clueless coach AND a president who believes in his court jesters.

I am not sure ETH would have come here but pursuing him would have been well worth it. The biggest issue we have at the moment at the club is the club culture. It pervades everything-the coach selection, player selection, transfers, attitude, style of play etc
Unless we get over this Barca DNA obsession we are doomed to being a has been club.
Even if Xavi was sacked Im sure that fat fool Laporta would pick Lucho as coach. Laporta is just desperate and it shows. He ignored his earlier hunch that Xavi didnt have enough experience and now look where we are.
If a plane or ship is in trouble you dont get the wet behind the ears graduate and put him in charge, You get the experienced guy who has navigated these tough waters or skies. Laporta is just becoming the next Barto.

Last edited:

vegitot

Xavi is Laporta's bet. Everyone know that. Still, Xavi has huge chance to show that he is the chosen one by winning Liga this season.

If somehow he loses, it's hard to defend him though i can see him continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans